Mercedes SLR McLaren 2004-2013

McLaren and Mercedes-Benz has some stupid falling out a while back and the SLR got stuck in some kind of licensing hell.

Since then they’ve made up and the SLR appeared in both Gran Turismo 7 and The Crew 2. Meanwhile, it’s still completely absent in Horizon.

Because this wouldn’t be a post from me without a heavy aura of negativity and cynicism surrounding this franchise, it borderline offends me we have all these obnoxious, product placement cars no one actually cares about in the game but not one of the coolest, highly requested, European GT cars to ever exist.

14 Likes

Hopefully we’ll see this one day in a Forza game again

6 Likes

I agree. It should be a top candidate for recycled cars by the votes

3 Likes

This car badly needs to be in the game. I would be just happy with a standard SLR but a 722 edition would be amazing, along with the Stirling Moss edition.

7 Likes

I really hope this car will be added soon. According to what I have seen, it is the second most requested car in the hub. Hope to see at least the top 3 most requested cars to be added, then only the community will have faith that the hub is really working and other gamers also will use the hub.

I hope to see the base car return same as we had in FH1 AND FH2.

1 Like

I saw the convertible version at the IAMS 2023:

17 Likes

It looks wonderful

1 Like

A terrible fact that almost no one talked about is:

The SLR McLaren in Forza, is only available for previous titles leading from FM1-FM6, FH1-FH2, which are Xbox console exclusives only. When Forza arrives on PC, SLR leaves Forza universe so that PC gamers won’t experience it…

4 Likes

This is one of the weirder conspiracies i’ve seen

2 Likes

When will this car be added to Forza Horizon 5. It is a shame it is not already in the game and may be won’t be added in the game.

It is the 2nd most wanted car the community wants.

3 Likes

Need the 2006 Hard Top coupe …(red interior)…

3 Likes

Will this car even be featured on FH5… And please most of us(Car Guys) really know the SLR as a coupe or Roaster, the Stirling Moss is cool but it will not be a good fit to Horizon, much better fit for Motorsport.

I personally think the SLR Coupe or 722 Edition is the one to have in the game.

2 Likes

For those thinking that it is because of dispute issues between Mercedes and Mclaren, they cannot get the car into FH5.
Here,

Link to article: Mercedes-Benz to power McLaren F1 from 2021 onwards - Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team

2 Likes

That was likely never the problem to begin with since other developers were able to license the SLR. Real reason is game developers probably have to pay both Mercedes and McLaren to get the car in a game, and Microsoft probably doesn’t think it’s worth it to pay two manufacturers for one car despite the high demand for it.

8 Likes

The fact that it is the 2nd most voted car in the hub should show them it is totally worth paying both parties.

3 Likes

How much money have they made from the Horizon franchise? That should be more than enough to add 1 car? And it had already been in FH1 and FM before so the model already exists (albeit outdated)

4 Likes

Oh, they’ve easily made more than enough money. There’s no question about that.

3 Likes

There is no reason why they cannot bring that car to FH5 if they want to. Hope to see it ASAP, i am thinking that they are holding on to it for a few festival playlist through the year, but we wanted it yesterday.

Like the STO was 5th most requested car , the Black series was 3rd or 4th, then their is the Maserati MC20 (Another car that some people are saying licensing issues but the Crew 2 got it) and the 2nd place is the SLR.

Long story short, we need the SLR Mclaren ASAP in FH5.

3 Likes

So they’re in good hands? that would sound like good news. As SLR never appeared in FH3, FM7, and FH4, there should be a 100% possibility to bring the legendary SLR McLaren back to FH5 soon, just to license both Mercedes and McLaren respectively.

Also, I do want to hope that aside from bringing the standard SLR, they should also add the 722 Edition when the devs get a chance, just like I said last time.

9 Likes

Perhaps we’ll get in in another paid car pack. Would be cool to get some high requested cars in a pack.

5 Likes