Little known facts about the game

I wish you could change final drive ratios with the diff change rather than the transmission change. I guess the developers don’t understand the mechanics of transmissions and final drives.

But it would be cool for drag racing to have final drive adjustments and have a 2 speed gear box.

3 Likes

I remember reading about this engine, in response to the 427 “Cammer” from Ford.

As far as the transmissions/rear end gearsets go, yes I wonder why that was a choice to not separate them even though they have the differential separate. I would have tied the gear adjustments to the rear diff rather than the transmission.

1 Like

About the engine, I remember, and it was many years ago, reading about the testing of this monster. The dyno they had at the time burned out during the test because it couldn’t handle the power of the engine. Don’t know, that’s the memory of an old man so take it for what it is.

A lot of drag racers back then had to guesstimate their HP or try to calculate by 1/4 mile times, weight, gearing, and size of tire. Dyno’s just weren’t what they are today. Can’t imagine that engine with a supercharger on top. Some of the Ford guys were calculating around 1500 to 2000 for that Cammer 427 with a late 60’s 8/71 blower on it.

As much as I hate to stop a good old conversation about cars, we’re getting way off topic here.

I love fun facts about (real life) cars, but that’s not what the thread is about.

3 Likes

Fact! There is no dyno in any forza game.

:rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile::rofl:

Totally on topic!

3 Likes

Having trouble finding a barn find? Need help?

Here comes Link. All you need to do is Pin the area where the barn is supposed to be.
And link will automatically load a chat line basically saying: Have you seen a barn find nearby? Click on that so you can let other players know you’re having trouble looking for it.

And if anyone is nearby that player can pin the location. And Link will load up a chat line saying something like: Follow me or whatever i dont remember exactly the line… And the other player can help you find it basically.

1 Like

New fact I thought of. I’m not entirely sure it’s little known, but here goes:

Slicks are actually worse than semi-slicks until they get heat into them. That’s why, when building, you’ll see acceleration numbers go down compared to semi-slicks, since those numbers are calculated using a cold start. All other factors being equal, a car with semi-slicks will beat a car in slicks on launch.

1 Like

I don’t know what people do or don’t know, but you can take pics of the interior of your car, which is something I only recently learned. Maybe everyone but me already knew this?

@TheWarmWind76 , I don’t know, all things being equal, warm tires have better grip regardless of the tread pattern. Cold v cold the slicks should still have a better traction coefficient than semi slick tires. That the semi slicks would be better than the slicks initially would have to assume them to be warm. Why wouldn’t they give the slicks the same treatment?

Those are at least my thoughts on the matter.

1 Like

Agreed, but I have been saying this for a few games now. Tires carry too high a PI penalty for the lack luster performance they provide. Just take a look at the meta setups now, 90% drag tire builds (which would never work IRL). PG doesn’t understand that actual drag slicks are bias ply in the real world. They only non bias ply tires for drag racing are Drag Radials, hence the name, and drag radials are little more than track day softs used on the drag strip.

Saw your comment so when I was upgrading the Demon this morning I paid attention to the ratings. Comparing the ratings on a stock rwd car the racing slicks increased the launch, acceleration, handling and braking over the semi slicks. Just curious if I missed something or if it’s with certain other upgrades or cars?

Haven’t tested the Demon, so maybe it’s the car? I’ll admit though I can’t say that fact is fully confirmed, unlike the all-wheel steering fact. I just did some cursory testing on a single car.

Ok, so perhaps worth investigating more. The braking was the biggest change. Maybe a lower power car can’t improve with the extra grip and therefore doesn’t expect to be able to get heat into them?

Btw I was surprised to learn how many cars in game have all wheel steering. It’s pretty interesting.

Here’s one I found recently. You can fast travel from MX to any spot in Hot Wheels by opening the Hot Wheels map and choosing fast travel, and vice versa from HW to Mexico.

Can’t always trust the PI number or specific area factor to be accurate to real game performance though. There’s something screwy going on at times.

And (or has it been mentioned here ?) changing the setup on an All Wheel Steering car to AWD disables the All Wheel Steering… or so I’ve heard.

Upgrading the suspension removes it

1 Like

Some cars like the Centenario and Beetle FE keep it even with racing suspension.

Yup in the list that @Tredawn posted, any of the cars that have a (T) next to their name have tunable suspension stock.

I do believe upgrading the suspension (say for example to rally suspension) will still delete the AWS, but I haven’t tested it yet on these cars.

I can say for sure though that cars like the Silvia Spec-R follow the rules I made in the original post. I have two builds on that car, one has stock suspension, the other doesn’t. The first one has AWS, the second does not.

Edit: I’m guessing you already knew that and this was just part of a message chain now that I take a few moments to read. My bad, but I’ll still keep the post up for the sake of the chain.

3 Likes

Wanted to add to this AWS info. As a regular and hard-core tuner, I’ve noticed a couple of things;

1. if you’re doing a dirt/off-road build and your car’s default suspension is soft enough, don’t bother upgrading to any suspension. %99 percent of my builds turn better/faster without a suspension upgrade.

2. if your car is low enough to the ground, and you’re doing a road build, don’t bother upgrading the suspension. The newest Supra turns better without it. There’s always exceptions to the rule (depends on the build you’re after).

This is even after swapping cars to AWD.

As odd as that sounds, I think this is just a matter of playground not programming the suspension upgrades properly. I think the fact that certain cars have AWS in this game might just be a fluke.

4 Likes