Is this game for car enthusiasts?

So you’re telling me that you love every car under the sun equally then?

I’m more along the lines of a casual collector, myself. I’d have more cars than 1 IRL, if I could afford them, but I’m no enthusiast.

Well, then, of course our definitions of enthusiast are going to be different then.

Dart board dynamics.

1 Like

Hardcore car enthusiast…

If I had a highly collectable (sp according to sp checker for those who care) car. Such as an original Shelby Cobra, or a low number HEMI Cuda, or a (insert your favorite here). It would be my daily driver. Yes, it would be babied. Park out in the farthest extreme of the parking lot taking at least 3 spaces. But I would be enjoying the open roads as they were meant to be enjoyed.

And that is a hardcore car enthusiast.

2 Likes

OH!! - The fact that the “Clutch” has never worked, the handbrake fully kills/trashes throttle, the physics are bad, etc - will tell you that this is not a game “made by” car enthusiasts. Definitely not focused on true car enthusiasts or PC users. HA!!

1 Like

To me…FH feels less like a game for enthusiasts and collectors but more a showcase for the weird cars they were able to laser scan on their little car rotisserie. “Oh look we laser scanned a Peel P50 or Morgan 3 Wheeler”…I’d much rather them laser scan a 2021 Audi RS6 Avant, or Cadillac CT5 Blackwing instead of pawning off cars from 2 gens ago.

At least they didn’t drag that corpse of a 2012 Escalade into this game. But we still get the quite irrelevant Mustang Cobra R instead of the Terminator Cobra…win some lose some I guess

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind cars from 2, 3 ,or 4 generations ago if they are quality cars. I’d love to see a Stutz Bearcat added to the game. And I’d gladly give up both peels to make room in my garage. I could list many more but this isn’t the time or place.

But stuff such as that is further proof the developers are neither car collectors or enthusiasts. My bet is there are more prius’ and bicycles in the PGG parking lot than Audis or BMWs. And I wouldn’t be surprised if many of them arrive via public transportation. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

That kind of rings a bell and I thought Forza had something like that somewhere, even more recently (maybe a FM title ?). Yeah, would be nice, but… as much as many of us here would be loving it I have a feeling the majority of players would be looking for the “press X to skip” option faster than you could say go.

1 Like

I think one one the most brilliant things about the feature was that it wasn’t forced on us. It wasn’t likely to happen to people who didn’t ogle their car, and even when it did happen it was skippable.

But it was there for those of us who appreciated it, and boy did I appreciate it.

1 Like

1931 Stutz Bearcat
5.2l inline 8 DOHC 4 valve
A earth shaking (in the day) 150hp
And a beautiful car. By any standard.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for any american 8,6L V8 powered quake creator to do lap on Nordschleife in less than 5 minutes and 15 seconds.

Dude, in real life, no vehicle has ever made it around the ring in under six minutes.

Correction: No road vehicle has, and even race vehicles haven’t completed the ring under 5 minutes and 15 seconds.

Who said it has to be road legal? USers know how to build race cars?

Requirements:

• V8 made in US, Land of the Free
  • No electric motors or any type of kinetic energy recovery system (to keep it “pure”)
  • Time of one flying lap must be less than 5 minutes and 15 aeconds (because you can’t have V8 lose to V4)

Whats a V4?

The engine in the 919 Porsche is a V4. Sabb used a V4 in the Sabb Sonnet but was actually a Ford Motor. A few other obscure cars had V4’s

Laps at Nürburgring Nordschleife is more a testament to the driver as much as it is for the car. The fastest now is the AMG GT-R Black series at 6:43:ish…with a 4.0 L V-8…but hey, it’s all about anti-America sentiment, right?

1 Like

Far as I’m concerned (myself a US citizen) it’s all about anti-slow sentiment. And busting them hydrocarbon chains to free up our carbon footprints!

The 919 Evo obliterated the all-time Nordschleife lap record, with driver Timo Bernhard completing the lap in just 5:19.546 in June 2018

But that’s a prototype not a production vehicle. But it’s still fast so who cares!

You have outdated information.
6:38.835
Car: Porsche 911 GT2 RS (991.2)
Driver: Lars Kern