I have to ask

That is TRUTH. You’re right. Anyone who takes the time to build a gaming PC or invest money in PC games knows that you have to tinker… Facts. - Today, I have been trying soooooooooo hard to get this game to run smoothly on my nephew’s laptop. Rog Strix with a R9 5900HX & RTX 3050 ti (4GB of VRAM??! **&^%!!) and it’s been a struggle. A very monotonous one. I can’t even tell you how many times I have watched this game’s benchmark video. - One thing that I have definitely learned, is that they could improve the PC version just by completely and totally removing this garbage, in-game resolution scaling. It’s horrible and causes the rainbow roads and whatnot.

1 Like

Yeah, that sucks. I know how frustrating that can be. I have to shamelessly promote the benefits of XSX in these situations. Well worth it IMO if for nothing more than the pain relief from the above headaches lol. Good luck

2 Likes

That’s what got me to create this post!! lol… I was thinking about how obnoxious this whole endeavor is and how it would be better to just buy a Series-X… . . but, WHY!!! Ugggh. This laptop is on par with the Series-S and this game is so trash on it.

1 Like

Well worth it IMO. I’ve been very pleased with the performance of all games. I had a OneX prior to this and in 4K still had issues with some of my favorite games. The Hunter- Call of the Wild has been one of my favorites for a long time, but would get very frustrating due to lag on the 1X, but with XSX, “smooth like butta” lol.
Not sure if the XSX is still in unicorn status as far as obtaining one, but definitely recommend it & the time to source one.

2 Likes

Too bad games like this don’t offer trials so that players are able to see how the game behaves on their rig before spending any money. In saying that gamepass offers a trial…

1 Like

I thought they did? That’s actually what initially got me hooked on FH4 was the free trial, but again that’s Xbox.

1 Like

Yeah… I keep telling my nephew that he should just buy an Xbox, considering he has yet to invest in PC titles. - I have a HUGE! collection of PC games between the various launchers. I’m in deep. :frowning: … Paying $600 just to have a better experience with a few titles seems kinda silly. - If only you could use USB peripherals with the ultimate game streaming. Stream MS Flight Sim and be able to use a HOTAS, play FH5 and use a Fanatec, etc. - I mean, it’s doable with controller emulators, but the FFB is not good.

1 Like

I just wish I would’ve waited and watched all the YouTube videos of 4K gameplay before buying the ultimate edition.

I used to have a HOTAS Thrustmaster set-up for my PC sims & loved it; never thought a console controller could match it, but have to say I downloaded MSFS since it was on Gamepass & was blown away by it. Functionalities can all be replicated & I think you can even integrate a HOTAS setup & keyboard.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have the full setup for PC and MS Flight Sim is AWESOME!! They have come so far in 40 years… It’s very cool to see. I’m not real fond of Bing’s weird map textures, but you just stay above a certain altitude and don’t notice it. lol They’re accurate enough that you can quickly and easily identify even small landmarks, if you’re familiar with the area you’re above.

WHY??!?! between all the game studios, have none developed the driving version of it?? You’d think there’d be a high enough demand. Just an open-world driving sim where you can collect cars/locations. I would soooo love that and so would every single person who own even the cheapest wheel rig.

1 Like

That’s just hindsight. The issue is if you buy something and if it doesn’t do what it says it does then you should be able to get a full refund.

1 Like

That too!! I keep arguing that PC players have NOT! yet gotten what they payed for with this game. They keep churning out content, but have never bothered to fix the base, primary issues. - I’m not complaining about the “game” itself. I’m a big Forza fan - it’s the buggy nonsense that I have major issue with.

As I recall that was a huge complaint early on in FH5 from many who pre-ordered and wanted to invoke the 30 day (or whatever it was) return refund after finding it wasn’t very good. Turned out the 30 days started counting from the purchase date which was well past 30 days BEFORE the game even launched. Out of luck, the window for refund was closed.

1 Like

WWwwoooooow… That’s some nonsense.

1 Like

I can’t relate as I’m an XSX user and my experience to date has been roughly 95% bug free, but I sure have seen endless complaints from PC users across all social media platforms and forums saying fix your game. I also know that I get frustrated when something small doesn’t work so can’t imagine how fustrating it is for some of you.

2 Likes

I have quite a bit invested in my game room setup, including very nice PC builds, 4k monitors, surround sound, etc - and a full racing rig. I would loooooooooove!!! to be able to fully enjoy the pleasure of open-world free roam without looking at trees doing weird things or sudden black bars in the asphalt or buildings having missing textures or the ground suddenly being completely solid and not functional or or OR… - without having to also buy a *(&^!! Series-X! Uggh.

1 Like

Definitely. I’m actually a pilot, so weather set-ups for IFR approaches etc are a blast with all the airports I’ve flown into & very accurate for the most part.

1 Like

No way!! That’s ridiculous…

I did the opposite and invested in console gaming with the best OLED gaming tv, etc. Heck I reckon I’ve wasted $500 alone on controller thumbgrips ontop of my elite series 2 controller lol.

2 Likes

I have a friend who is beyond an addict. He’s a fiend. I am not sure how much he has spent on his flight rig setup, but he has ALL of it… the yoke, all the digital gauges in a cluster, switches, throttles, headset, etc, etc. It’s wild.

1 Like