Hyundai Ioniq 5 2022-current

Click VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Horizon.
Reply below to provide details about the cars you’re requesting.

Click the tags on this topic to find and vote on other similar models.

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Voting on this topic is for the SUV model, for the Ioniq liftback sedan, please click here.

POLLS

Note - polls do not replace voting on the topic for our tracking purposes - be sure to click the VOTE button in the upper left above the first post in addition to submitting poll responses.

Which model do you prefer?

• Standard (170-235ps)
  • Long Range (218-306ps)
  • Extra Long Range (228-325ps)
  • Ioniq 5 N (650ps)
0 voters

Which drivetrain do you prefer?

• RWD
  • AWD
0 voters

Need this Ioniq 5

2 Likes

I hope this kind of Ioniq to be added:
23879-hyundai-ioniq-5

instead of this one (because there are 2 different models) :

12 Likes

Both are good and i saw many people saying that both are fun to drive

1 Like

I like the Cyberpunk one

Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV (2022)

3 Likes

I really want this ioniq in fh5!!!

1 Like

2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5

5 Likes

You guys know that there is only 1 IONIQ 5 (yet) right?
Like you dont need ALWAYS do it

Just tell why you want this car on the game, dont need to say that when there is one version of the car
it is redudant

The IONIQ 5 is offered with two battery pack configurations such as the 58 kWh battery pack and the Long Range 72.6 kWh battery pack. I know the latter is expensive but it can go as much as 429km in one full charge for rear-wheel-drive variants. The all-wheel-drive variant? Of course, it has a driving range of up to 401km on one full charge but it’s got more power than the rear-wheel-drive variant, 225kW vs. 160kW.

Either way, while it weighs over two short tons, the IONIQ 5 is surprisingly sporty to drive and easy to live with because its clever suspension setup consists of front MacPherson struts and a rear multilink suspension. On a rear-wheel-drive variant, that’s about as dynamic as a luxury car but on an all-wheel-drive variant, it sure is capable even on a rainy day.

6 Likes

Hyundai have just revealed the Ioniq 5 N

It’s a ~600hp Performance EV that apparently incorporates technology from the Hyundai WRC Cars to improve handling and responsiveness.

In terms of speed it apparently rockets to 60mph in 3.4s with a top speed of 162mph and has brakes capable of around 0.6g’s when applied from speed.

Articles:

Top Gear Video of it:

11 Likes

The car already had a public showing on GoodWood FoS

5 Likes

Hyundai also launched a Drift Spec Concept, ITS A DIFFERENT MODEL SO I HAD PUT ON REQUESTS
https://forums.forza.net/t/car-topic-submissions-read-the-first-post/562062/2844

1 Like

By standards to the rest of the automotive world, those numbers are mooooooooorbidly depressing coming from a 650hp hatch, the rest of the world can hit 3.4-second 0-60’s while missing a hundred power.

This will be another dreary incorporation of a driveway appliance that needs an illogical Rimac swap to even be a talking point.

This isn’t a Hatch, it’s a SUV/Crossover. Even compared to Hatches like the GR Yaris though it’s double the power and 2s faster to 60mph, bit less of a gap to the Focus RS but around 250hp more and a 1s faster 0-60.

Plus the it all depends on the Price, this is literally Lamborghini Urus performance with a bit less power but a slightly better 0-60.

And it definitely isn’t going to cost the same as Urus.

I know people like to dump on EVs but in terms of bang-for-buck this is going to a very fast SUV that beats out most of the ICE competition at a fraction of the cost.

No use comparing it to a Modded Car either considering this rolls out of the Showroom in this form with no extra costs or time attached.

2 Likes

I see it listed as a “hatch,” or “hot hatch,” similar to where you see VW Golf’s and other similarly shaped vehicles – this is definitely a larger sized rendition of those.

I would not say bang for the buck is a reason why people hate them, it certainly does not help though that you are paying double for a car that goes half as far and weighs twice as much.

Pricing on the N model was just announced, I would be morbidly surprised if the msrp even stayed within $10,000 of price range it is claiming now as almost all newly accounced EV models have nearly doubled in starting price.

There absolutely for certain is use comparing to a modded car if you are talking in terms of budget and the fact there is less availability for aftermarket options on a 5000lb tire shredder. Modding sporty models are one of the reasons people buy them to begin with- that’s like running every car in FH5 in its stock form for arguments sake lol

You “run what you brung” as they say – if you bring a car that has nothing but different engine sounds to play through speakers and a few knobby turns – well, that’s kind of a direct reflection on the common consumer. They are “Goofy.”

Hyundai themselves classify it as a Crossover (CUV) so if other people/sites are listing it as a Hot Hatch then that’s a mistake on their part.

https://www.hyundai.com/eu/models/ioniq5-n.html

this is definitely a larger sized rendition of those

It basically is, most crossovers are basically a bigger version of normal compact hatchbacks but are smaller than a SUV. Having a Hatchback design though is not the same as the Cars generally referred to as a Hatch/Hot-Hatch as it simply refers to the way the Trunk section is designed, Wikipedia has a good Breakdown of the definition.

It remains to be seen on the price, as you say the early estimates don’t last long in terms of EVs but I still don’t see it reaching close to what some of the competition in terms of Crossovers/SUVs with similar performance currently cost.

Tbh I don’t even expect this will have a particularly big market appeal compared to the normal version of the Ioniq even with all the performance improvements. It’s just very oddly Car as they don’t have anything that’s a similar size to the I30 which would make way more sense to be a more sporty EV.

The two main demographics are going to be someone who wants a compromise by getting an Ioniq for family use and can also afford this for the extra performance but can’t afford an Ioniq + normal sports car.

The other portion is just going to be people who want the image of having something that has the performance values but never uses them as it’s just a family vehicle. Basically like 90% of Lamborghini Urus, Ferrari Purasangue and BMW X6 Competition drivers.

I don’t think the modding potential will ever come into question as a result, it’s just not on the same level and most owners won’t expect it to be.

I do definitely agree with the Fake Noises though, I think it’s one of the stupidest ideas ever implemented.

1 Like

The Ioniq 5 and Ioniq 5 N would be so fun to drive around in Horizon and Motorsport. Definitely need it in the games at some point.

1 Like

2024 HYUNDAI IONIQ 5 N

Armed with an 84kWh Li-ion battery pack and two electric motors powering the front and rear wheels, making it a punchy 4WD prized fighter, the IONIQ 5 N produces a default 609PS of power and 740Nm of torque, more powerful than the Kia EV6 GT. However, with the N Grin Boost engaged for ten seconds, the power gets bumped to 650PS, and with N Launch Control in play, it’s capable of a 0-100kph time of 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 260kph. As for the driving range, it’s good for 351km on one full charge.

Although controversial, the IONIQ 5 N features numerous gimmicks such as the N e-shift system where a virtual 8-speed DCT comes out for the play and with the manual mode set, it shifts like you were in a video game, and the ultra-flashy N Active Sound+ where two external speakers and eight internal speakers can imitate engine noises including the jet-inspired Supersonic sound effect.

1 Like

Congratulations to the 2024 HYUNDAI IONIQ 5 N for winning Top Gear’s Car of the Year 2023.

All it needs now for the IONIQ 5 N to be featured in Forza Horizon 5.

3 Likes