How to make the color gold?

Sorry for bothering you painters with my newb question but how do you make the color gold? I want it to be under the “normal” color and I just can’t seem to get it right. The color either comes out looking too yellow or too brownish, kinda like baby poop haha. I’m not a painter by any means so I thought I’d ask the professionals. Is there a thread in this section that talks about a color palette of any sort, kind of like a guide to make all the colors? If that makes any sense?

I don’t think it’s possible. Your best chance is to paint the whole car gold and the put decals in other colors on top of it.

1 Like

Sorry man I don’t think I was being clear. I want to paint the whole car gold, no decals or anything. I don’t want the gold to be the typical shiny, reflective type either. I was using the color fine tune and I figured it was somewhere between the yellow and orange range on the “spectrum”. I just can’t seem to make just the right color, its either too orange, yellow, or a brownish. I had been using " brass brushed" for such things like wheels and on certain cars but its a little too shiny for my liking. But if its not possible I’ll just continue to stay with the brass brushed, its not a big deal haha

Try this.

Now, be aware this was done with the metallic paint, adjust X and Y values.

2 Likes

Low opacity overlays enable virtually any body colour just check by going to test drive to get true on track colour.
2 tone polished (4th special colour)
X-colour 1
H=.14
S=1.00
B=1.00

Y-colour 2
H=.12
S=1.00
B=1.00

Add a 20% opacity yellow overlay
or a 10% opacity orange overlay

2 Likes

Now this is more of what I’m talking about! Thanks guys, I’ll give them a go and see how I like them. Thanks again