Hot Wheels Legends Car Pack

Hot Wheels Legends Car Pack for Forza Horizon 4

“Coming soon - the #HotWheels Legends Car Pack. 1:64 just wasn’t enough for these Legends. @Hot_Wheels” - @ForzaHorizon

Announced on the Series 32 Update livestream, “the Hot Wheels Legends Car Pack contains six custom built cars featured in the international Hot Wheels Legends Tour, where they competed for the chance to become 1:64 scale Hot Wheels die-cast toys.” (Store description)

Release Date: 22 Feb 2021
Store Link: Buy Forza Horizon 4 Hot Wheels™ Legends Car Pack | Xbox
Price: $10 for all players (not included with Ultimate Edition or Car Pass)
Video: Series 32 Update livestream at YouTube/Turn10Studios - trailer and gameplay
Video: Forza Monthly livestream at YouTube/Turn10Studios - interview with Mattel’s Ricardo Briceno

Cars:

• 1949 Ford F-5 Dually Custom Hot Rod
  • 1969 International-Harvester Loadstar CO-1600
  • 1972 Chevrolet LUV
  • 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk ‘Dream Roadster’
  • 2 Jet Z
  • 1957 Nash Metropolitan Custom (THE NASH)

“Once the pack is purchased, you are granted a one-time only, free addition of each car to your Forza Horizon 4 garage, with no additional in-game credit cost. Not included with the Forza Horizon4 Car Pass, Standard, Deluxe or Ultimate Editions.” (Store description)

I really hope they kept an eye on balancing these cars this time. Please not another '32 Roadster, Atomic Punk, Bone Shaker or Track-Tor.

8 Likes

The Dually looks suspiciously Boneshaker like!

3 Likes

My initial thought too. Depending on the available tire width for the rear twin-tires this screams Bone Shaker.
I’m also afraid of the truck. There is a lot of room for massive rear tires and with the engine position an AWD swap would decrease PI by a huge margin.
I’ve seen a lot of suspicion about that jet-fighter thing due to its insane power/weight ratio but the chassis & tire width don’t fit the “OP formula”. Maybe an RWD rocket like the Monaco.

Kind of sad that the fear of overpowered cars raises with their sillyness in design.

I would be very surprised if there isn’t at least one OP car in the pack. There was no reason for the Baja WP to be so OP other than to generate sales of the Welcome Pack and my suspicion is that a similar approach to increase sales will be taken here, coupled with the fact that some of the cars fit the profile to be OP in any event.

Dually seems to have bicycle thin front tyres and very thick rear tyres. I wont be suprise if its going to be another Atomic Punk/Bone Shaker syndrome.

Is this DLC a part of Ultimate Edition or it needs to be purchased seperately?

Cars look amazing

I echo the sentiment, however, that recent stunt they pulled with the WP makes me feel like we should be brave and prepare to be horrified, outraged, and/or disappointed.

5 Likes

I think it’s a reason for DLC. New OP cars, it’s always good to change old orders.

1 Like

Adding to a problem is not a positive in any context.

2 Likes

meh…I was always Matchbox guy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

…and just an observation, the fact that this is a HW-themed pack notwithstanding, this DLC coupled w a general majority of exclusives offered within the last few quarters, collectively – for me, anyway, seems to have maybe been lacking in UK flavor. At least, to this ignorant American.

Now, I’m sure someone will prove me wrong, with the usual fervor, citing this, that, and another example of UK Automotives offered this year, and that’s fine. I’m just saying, my personal, overall impression of the UK ‘flavor’ I was expecting to see after what I saw Australia seem to get in H3, is well, lacking to me, …as in this game could have just as easily been set in Vienna, Austria, with minimal adjustment.

I just thought, especially being located in the UK, that they were going to have dived a bit deeper with the UK orientation; lord knows there’s an embarrassment of riches for PG to pull from. I just dont see or feel it if they have been to the contrary and its more just sheltered squryl, unfamiliar with the big obvious UK automotive prescence running throught the US even. And dont get me wrong, I love my MG’s and all the little unsung roadster heros, and despite S1 SuperHyperReeeeReeeeReeee cars generally not being my cup o’ tea, I’ve fallen hard for the McLarens this time 'round and have trouble puttting my top 5 favorite McLarens in order…but I guess I was expecting more UK by way of the regular exclusive slow dripping.

And then the DLC we have seen offered with actual original and new content has been reworkings, reimagings, redesigns and custom and outlandish vehicles…and now here comes more stuff i’m not sure many have asked for, certainly in sum, all told, it all feels anything but UK-ish, dare I say the game feels more New England, USA than anything close to what my American impression is of the English countryside. And that, I think, is really quite a shame! I thought I was really going to feel it, meet a whole slew of strange, otherworldly cars and brands, lots of ‘what-the-hale-is-that-crazy-deathtrap-looking-things’ and other gems fueled with good old fashioned ‘pip pip cheerio’ flavor… But it feels like the whole UK part was left at the Bond pack and some houndstooth and tartan fabric for our drivatar fashion. But perhaps I am just woefully mistaken (and tragically American? :smile:)

That’s not meant to detract from this HW content, whether we wanted that or not (for what it’s worth, I’ve always liked the Rip Rod, there I said it, out of the closet now).

Just an observation.

6 Likes

THIS! I’m UK based and whilst obviously parts of the map resemble this country and details like phoneboxes and signs etc are correct. That’s probably it. There are hundreds of cars they could’ve added to make it feel alot more like home. I get they have to appeal to a wide range of car fans but I feel there could’ve been alot more effort put into the car content.

4 Likes

This is why I roll my eyes at all the people wanting Japan next “because of the car culture.” I mean, don’t get me wrong, Japan has a very diverse car culture, but I think everyone’s fooling themselves thinking Playground Games are going to create a one-to-one recreation of all Japanese car culture. They’ll barely scratch the surface because they’ve barely scratched the surface of their home country.

3 Likes

Totally agree. I’m not the biggest JDM fan but can appreciate some of the all time classics like the NSX, RX7 etc. But I completely am with you on that one. I’d expect a game based in Japan to have a large focus on all the makes from that country (as I stupidly thought we’d have in FH4) we’ll more likely get muscle cars, hypercars from Europe and more things out the toybox ha!

2 Likes

It’s also a very stereotypical representation of the UK too with the map, we have more here than greenery, lots of stone and quaint little villages.

NumerableToast, Squryl - can you give me the names? I can’t think of any important UK car that is missed. Maybe besides Mondeo ST. And maybe older Corsa or Kadett GSi. Maybe Jensen.

Mondeo and corsa…! Really!? Anyway here’s just a small selection of missed opportunities as you requested: Jensen Interceptor, Reliant Scimitar, Rover P5B coupe, Lister Storm, Triumph Herald, Triumph Dolomite Sprint, TVR Chimaera, TVR Griffith, Ford Granada, Vauxhall Viva, Triumph Stag, Delorean DMC12, Ginetta G40, Vauxhall Chevette HSR, Vauxhall Firenza, Ford Pop, etc etc etc

4 Likes

I’ll second the Mondeo ST cos I’ve owned two in the past :slight_smile: I always thought they would add a nice beige Allegro as a barn find, just for the laughs. Square steering wheel and all.

3 Likes