Horizon 4 Online Disconnects

Over the last couple months I’ve been having sporadic issues staying connected to FH4’s online servers.

About a month ago I was suddenly experiencing disconnects very often (5 minutes or so apart). Support was no help, just giving me generic network troubleshooting tips, all of which I tried to no avail.
It was pretty much just disconnecting me from horizon life without any error message.

After a couple weeks it somehow resolved itself after no further attempts by myself to fix it. But now it’s happening again.
All I go back to horizon 4 at this point is to play the trial and a few seasonal events and some forzathon live events. I’m pretty bummed I’m not able to help other players in these events whilst these issues are occuring.
To be clear, Horizon 5 is working flawlessly. As is every other online game I play.

I’m not seeing any reports of the same issue happening to other players.
I’m kind of at a loss on how to fix this.

Edit: If it helps, this is on PC. UK region.

I did notice the last 2 weeks trying to do weekly seasonal events like the trial and even in freeroam that I was getting a lot of poor connection popup boxes that I just don’t get generally.

My connection was fine for everything else in my house.

#horizonthings

I’m assuming less and less server resources are going towards 4’s servers the further out we get from release. It’s a real bummer!

I was able to complete the trial, but as soon as forzathon live started, boom! Lost connection. I just want to play coop with other players. It’s not like horizon arcade is successful.

1 Like

Looks like it’s fixed itself again. Played a couple times this week and haven’t had any disconnects at all.
It would be very helpful to know what was the cause of this because it will likely happen in the future.
Is it my ISP? Maybe it gets more traffic on the weekends? Although this started happening last friday morning. But that still doesn’t explain why FH5 has always worked without error.

1 Like

i still have the problem but it got worse, i cant even join a online server