Head lights and turn signals

Please give us the option to control the lights on the car like turn signals and headlights etc… It would add so much to the game and while you’re at it why not implement other features like engine turn on/off options?

26 Likes

Turn signals. I personally think it’d be great for the Cruising Communities of Horizon for an even more realistic experience.

5 Likes

I would love if they added turn indicators. It would bring so much more immersion to the game.

6 Likes

That’s what I’m saying, it’s a missed opportunity to make the game more immersive, if they don’t add something simple like that.

3 Likes

As if quickchat spam wasn’t distracting and obnoxious enough, add to the already chaotic multiplayer mix up to eleven flashing hazards? That’ll be a hard pass for me, thanks.

1 Like

I would gladly trade turn indicators for the quick chat nonsense.

10 Likes

Me too, I actually turned mine off in the options ages ago as having the radio station on the d-pad makes more sense to me.

1 Like

They’d probably have a feature to disable it. The same way in FH4 you can disable head-to-head and turn off quick chat.

3 Likes

That’s where my mind went at first, too, but both of those as settings are a little bit different. Disabled head-to-head prevents a forced (and probably unwelcomed) interaction/engagement (essentially a mini game mode) and disabled quickchat prevents an overlay of what are basically website modals/pop-ups ― neither of those things affect the game environment the way a (potentially) constant, blinking source of light would.

Aside from possible unnecessary drag on the game, an excess of flashing lights may potentially pose a health risk for anyone prone to photosensitive epileptic seizures and if I were forced to hazard a guess, I would say dev consideration for such likely outweighs one’s desire to cosplay signaling a left-hand turn.

1 Like

It’d be nice to have that, some other none forza games have also included controls for windows and roofs. Can help with the immersion.

2 Likes

This isn’t a driving simulator, it’s Forza. No need to smash in more non-relevant things such as an indicator. Although the headlights should be an option.

2 Likes

Forza can be a lot of things. Some people use it for purely racing, others use it for cruising, others use it for a little bit of everything. Little features like this can add a lot for some people

8 Likes

I probably understand the cruising community even less than I understand the drifting community. Unless you guys don’t have driver’s licenses in real life, I don’t understand the point of driving under 70 mph in a video game, and exploring a map that still pales in comparison to the size of the original Test Drive Unlimited map.

2 Likes

Well you could say that it’s like roll playing and maybe you don’t want to drive like a maniac all the time🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

Now here I am in 100% agreement. This reminds me of a discussion here awhile back where someone wanted speed bumps for FreeRoam (if it’s traffic calming measures you want in a racing title, you’re playing the wrong game). The photography aspect to me fails as an argument as turn signals, dynamic in nature by way of a visual action, would provide little if any impact into a static, still-life screenshot. Any degree of depth and illumination they may add would not only be negligible, but already over-compensated for by headlights/taillights.

As far as blanket immersion in FR goes, I might concede to turn signals a teeny-tiny little bit, though they’re still not even close to what convertible tops up or down would add as that is something that truly transforms a vehicle experience.

2 Likes

Considering that fh is a open world game with regular streets and city’s, it makes sense for it too also have option for controlling simple vehicle functions like lights and engine start/off other than just being able to go forward and backwards.

Now if we were talking about forza motorsport, you could say these features are not necessarily needed as it’s mainly focused on racing only but horizon is way more diverse and could definitely make use of more features of a vehicle.

1 Like

Again, just for you because you missed my addendum/edit, aside from possible unnecessary drag on the game, an excess of flashing lights may potentially pose a health risk for anyone prone to photosensitive epileptic seizures and if I were forced to hazard a guess, I would say dev consideration for such likely outweighs one’s personal desire to cosplay signaling a left-hand turn.

I mean they could just have the option that if you turn off your side of setting it won’t display for you, that way a win for everyone.

Honestly, I think they are just as important as the horns.

I don’t cruise so much anymore but a few other games I play with friends a lot of the time we’re just having a catch up, shooting the breeze etc. Even without the pandemic as we’ve got older with jobs, kids etc it’s often easiest to jump online and have a chat there. I think a lot of people that cruise might do it for the same reason.