Graphics - This colour banding looks so ugly 🤮

Why is the lighting still so bad 5 updates in, should’ve been fixed before launch but at least fix it now cause it looks not good :face_vomiting:.

Platform : Series S

Outdated car model does not help it all either. I’ve noticed this on the new BMW M2 as well but this is horrible to say the least.

3 Likes

I’ve personally never seen this xbx. Does this happen all the time to you, occasionally, or rarely? Are you using hdr?

All the time. HDR enabled with Performance RT on Xbox. The game is visually lifeless in terms of shadows, colors, lighting and reflection. The shaders seem to fully broken. This banding occurs especially in darker environments and outdated car models.

1 Like

I have seen those intro rt bugs (created topic about that) but not color banding in game (xsx, hdr), my in game gfx is as much banding free it can be like other games.

This was done on a phone in seconds. Guess the original.

4 Likes

The second one with the Starfield lifeless look is the original.

1 Like

The edited one looks way more vivid and true to life. The dull and shabby looking one is the second pic I could tell. For the worst car sounds I mute the sound, for the graphics do we have to wear glasses?

1 Like

@Gamt0genesis
Does this issue still persist after recent updates?
What video settings are you using in game?

2 Likes

Yes it does, Paint, color banding, vehicle textures and materials still look the same - poor and terrible.

The only improvement I see is a slightly better gamma which has helped the game’s contrast and blacks a little. Lot of visual improvement needed yet.

1 Like

If it helps, I notice slight color banding in the sky only - e.g. no clouds, completely clear sky (more noticeable in evening, late afternoon and early morning than day or noon) - or during heavy fog, haze, overcast, rain, etc.

1 Like

Fair to say, you guys have definitely improved the HDR and color gradation but I can still see a bit of color gradation/banding in the sky - please check my detailed feedback above

I use performance RT. There is room for improvement.