Get rid of this FOMO nonsense, now please

So between these three threads and the poll started by @JohnDoe9302 the total vote count is 443. That makes this a pretty significant item in the shub. If T10 is really using the shub they should be looking at the multiple threads and accounting for those as one big thread when considering an item’s vote count. Providing they actually are using the shub.

4 Likes

I would prefer to not play at all single player cause I only have fun with multiplayer and that’s since FM5 my first forza motorsport…

FOMO is like the epi pen that is keeping player counts from permanently flatlining. The game isn’t engaging enough on its own. No content, no career. It’ll never happen.

Conscious decision from a AAA developer, don’t expect a return to form from earlier eras.

4 Likes

From my point of view there’s no career since FM5

T10 could have added the Featured and Open events with a big credit reward and just added the cars to the autoshow. And just leave the events in place to keep building up the career base.

But they need you to spend more time on their game so Microsoft pays them more money, so they do FOMO to try and force you to play regularly. They don’t care about your experience of the game

2 Likes

FOMO is there to make the ppl subscribe to gamepass.

Gamepass ruins many games.

1 Like

That’s great, good thing they didn’t make the game just for you

1 Like

FH4 & FH5 also had FOMO with Festival Playlist, I bet that’s the major disadvantage. If you miss getting a new car, you’ll have to wait for a very long time for it to come back or it will never come back at all. Yeah, sounds quite annoying.

Anyone thinking that FH6 should also get rid of the Festival Playlist feature?

6 Likes

Honestly I don’t mind Horizon’s brand of FOMO. There’s a bunch of different ways of getting points to get the cars (of varying difficulty and time), and if you miss a car, oh well, just get it from the auction house (easier said than done, but possible). If FH6 had relatively the same thing going I wouldn’t be mad.

Meanwhile FM is trying to do something similar, but it hardly adds anything of value.

1 Like

So you do agree with getting rid of FOMO, no FOMO means more online for you

sure man no FOMO free cars, no money for upgrades, 9 tracks per monts and all you want too

I don’t see how FOMO will benefit them in the long run, besides when drip fed content will be done they’ll charge money DLC so they should just do that already

No money for upgrades : freeplay rivals and online racing already bring you money so no fomo needed and you can still use carxp points

No new track : that is not fomo content

I still see no valid proposal submitted to the staff to counter the fomo and engage people as me to play the single player

It doesn’t ‘feel’ that way, it IS that way.

2 Likes

You obviously don’t bother reading much around here do you. The community has been submitting ideas for years but that’s not really why you bothered posting is it

1 Like

In the long run, FOMO is much worse idea. Imagine someone paying for this game it’s full prize now and discovering that they missed a lot of cars, and like… 3/4 of all “career” mode

4 Likes

Well I don’t play Horizon so years are just monts to the Forza Motorsport serie isnt It?
Yet, still se no valid proposal.

What does this have to do with Horizon, we are talking Motorsport

Seriously, every day there’s suggestions and it’s been like that for almost 10 years here, you must just miss them all… like Turn10 do

1 Like

I play Forza Motorsport since FM 5 and can’t remember about Fomo problems on past titles, I remember the unicorn problems but as far as I know not the problem you have in FM.
Anyway I 'm going to vote any of your valid proposal to the staff to counter the FOMO and engage people as me (multiplayer only) to play the single player

1 Like