Gameplay - “too many saves” message appears if you manually save, share or download a tune (1667962)

In Forza Motorsport Open A class lobby, I can’t load a tune from my tunes on my car. It gives me a too many saves error. I don’t have a large amount of tunes or cars with tunes. I deleted some tunes and it did not solve the problem.

Me too. And there are a bunch of tunes I can’t delete made by me and others, even if the car is reset to stock. And what about the stupid autosave. Trying to do too much with too little? Wondering if there is a work around.

On Forza Motorsport(2023) on Xbox I keep running into the “Too many saves” issue when trying to download or save tunes. I’ve tried deleting all tunes and it still says the same thing. Where is the “file manager” on this game? I had to delete every tune manually. This issue has been occurring since shortly after the game released.

1 Like

As the topic says, i’ve gota problem with the saved tunings.
If I try to save a new tuning (car choice doesn’t matter), the game tells me ‘You have too many tunes of this type, please delete some first’.

I do know how many tunes i got in total (for sure way less than i got in FH5 e.g.), but deleting several old ones does not solve the problem.

1 Like

I have this exact same problem which started 3 weeks ago. I am told “too many saves” for any tune for any car I try download. I have deleted around 20 tunes from 10 cars, makes no difference. I deleted a lot of liveries and that made no difference. I sold the car, bought it again new and tried to download tunes, same error “too many saves”

1 Like

I have the same issue, let us all know if they tell you anything.

@here

What situations are you getting the “too many saves” message in?

When you try to import liveries from FH5?
When you try to save a livery you created?
When to try to load or switch to a livery you created?
Any other cases/menus?

Also about how many liveries do you have currently saved?

This issue is regarding tune saves, not paint saves.

The “too many saves” message appears if you try to manually save, share or download a tune.

I have spent hours apon hours going through each car individually and deleting almost all my saved/shared tunes and the countless auto saves. I also sold a bunch of duplicate cars and cars I wont use again.

I got it down to 447 cars in my garage and kept a tally of my shared tunes I kept at 62 saves plus any autosaves that were not deletable. after all that I was actually able to download a tune.
But, after the game crashed when exiting a race I restarted and I am again getting the “too many saves” message.
I only added 1 tune save. Though looking at the setup manager, a heap of cars have multiple new saves after I had deleted them all. I really dont know whats going on or how I am supposed to stay under the limit.

I have been waiting for weeks for Forza support to respond but I get nothing. Is there someone that actually knows how the system works that I can speak too?

@JetPartySalad - Forza Support

I have said this earlier in this thread. I will repeat myself, please read it as your reply tells me you never read it.

I have this exact same problem which started 3 weeks ago. I am told “too many saves” for any tune for any car I try download. I have deleted around 20 tunes from 10 cars, makes no difference. I deleted a lot of liveries and that made no difference. I sold the car, bought it again new and tried to download tunes, same error “too many saves”

(EDIT:) I followed the support suggestions from a ticket I created about 2 weeks ago. This included installing steam and the game on a different PC. When the game loaded I used my Xbox profile and it stared with my save file loaded. Same problem. This tells you 100% there is a problem with the save on my Xbox profile. You need to forward this info to a person who knows what I am saying and can find a solution. The ticket was marked solved and this is not solved.

Ticket details:

Requester PlumbBee1981
Created June 19, 2024 16:42
Last activity Today at 03:01
Assigned to SpiralAE86
Id #587698
Status solved

1 Like

Not to mention, now loading or even searching for tunes is a painful experience.
It takes forever for the tune list to load, it’s almost impossible to search through tunes now.

Same here. I’ve had that same issue on FH4 years ago, wich lasted for months. Hopefully not this time. I love sharing the stuff I create.

I’m also getting this message and tried deleting tunes but I still get the same message. To many saved files try deleting some. Has any one heard an answer about this?

I can’t get a response from support about it. I did reach out to Raceboy on youtube about it. His advice was to not bother deleting any saves if you are getting this too many saves message, as you are probably too far over the limit due to auto saves, deleting tunes won’t help.
He also said hopefully this changes.