Game crashing to desktop on launch - no errors

Game has only started doing this today and I have already tried 3 Nvidia drivers and still crashing to desktop as soon as I hit continue.

4 Likes

Same since last update. Almost a week now.
No words from the devs.

4 Likes

Same. Just started today.

2 Likes

Not good enough this, where are the devs on this issue. I had enough of this nonsense with FH3 and here we are now again with the same carryon!

yup…same here since last week. You are not alone, Bud.
I wonder what went wrong, as this happened to FH3, too once. FM7 and FH3 run atm.

1 Like

I am having this problem as well. just before the playground games animation finishes it crashes to desktop with no error on screen. Found this in the application event log:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bb7917b
Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bb7917b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000039d2557
Faulting process id: 0x59d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d46657c00c2a8f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.197.899.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.197.899.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: 133a82dc-68e5-43ab-bae2-29e1cbbc9115
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.197.899.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

Tried a reset of the application but have the same problem.

I’m getting no reply from support, seriously guys this is a joke!

Hey Chaps,

I had this issue for 3 days with just purchasing the game, never played it before but I got it working so maybe this will help! I honestly tried every suggestion I found but this is the only thing that worked for me.

My issue was all to do with Windows Updates! It’s worth checking if you have deferred your windows updates by a set amount of days, if so, your windows might not be updated fully!

Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
Under Update settings, select Advanced options. In there there’s options to set how many days to defer updates.

If you set the defer number to 0 and then hit the “Check for updates” button. You may then get a bunch of latest windows updates. I managed to get everything up to date and then it stopped crashing on launch.

Super hope this works for you guys, sorry if not! :frowning:

1 Like

Already at 0 so not that, thanks anyway.

Still having this problem. Honestly pretty upset we aren’t getting any support for it. I spend $240 on the Ultimate Editions of FM7 and FH4 over the past month and I can’t even play one of the games now. I consider that completely unacceptable. In 30 years of gaming, I’ve never had a patch make a game completely unplayable for this length of time.

1 Like

I followed all of the instructions on this page, but they didn’t help: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360007593074-My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC

I tried closing all startup programs, resetting, and reinstalling the game from the Windows Apps Advanced Options page. That also had no effect.

I then uninstalled the game and reinstalled it (meaning I had to re-download the entire thing from the MS Store) and it now works.

This is a joke now, I thought after the nonsense with FH3 lessons would be learned. The total silence from “so called” support is disgraceful!

1 Like

I’d encourage anyone who needs support to use the support link at the top and put in a ticket there and use that system to get more info.

It doesn’t seem those pages are indexed well by search engines yet, and support staff may be more responsive through there than here.

Also, why the heck am I being moderated? O.o

I did that on day one of the issue and still no answer from them!

sure thing, EVERYTHING is up-to-date, no newer updates available, Windows 10 as well as graphics card driver.
I am pretty confident, that I will be able to play it before FH5 comes out. I will pop in here once in a while to check what I have missed with my Ultimare Edition.

Same issue here, although FH4 used to start up fine (part from the various other issues I’ve had!) but now it just crashes to desktop when it gets to the rev counter video. I’ve tried everything in the support FAQ and a few things besides with no luck. Considering how much more they charge for Forza titles than their competitors for this bug ridden mess with a total lack of support is a disgrace. This is now beyond a joke.

I’ve now managed to fix the startup issue myself (no help from support) I was on the latest 4.16 Nvidia drivers but to try to fix a problem with Shadow of the Tomb Raider I decided to go back to the 399.24 drivers and when I did I completely removed them using DDU. I also uninstalled my EVGA software completely (it was just disabled before) Hey at least it works now.

1 Like

Finally got it to work, thanks.

So I uninstalled FH4 and removed my NVidia drivers in safe mode using DDU and restart.
Installed NVidia driver 411.70 (for some reason the game won’t work with the driver before or after???) and reinstalled FH4.

Arrrrggggghhhhh!!! I spoke too soon and now it’s stopped working again. Now between yesterday when I’d last got it working and this morning when it stopped again there have been no changes to the PC and the only thing that’s been done on it is paying a bit of Shadow of the Tomb Raider and World of Warships. This game is truly messed up and the developers (and Microsoft) have a lot to answer for. I’ve still had no reposes from support on this. Hopeless absolutely hopeless and so very annoying. If only they’d ditch the awful Microsoft Store and release it on Steam I bet we wouldn’t have half the problems we do.