Forza Motorsport 7, practically unusable (PC Version)

Hi everyone! Now I give up! Forza Motorsport 7 is reluctantly practically unusable. I have freshly installed windows 11, but the problem was already present with windows 10.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

32GB of ddr4 ram

rtx 3070

1Tb nvme ssd

2k screen, 21: 9

the menu screen appears “pixelated” as if it were streamed or at very low resolution. I go into the video settings and it’s already set to 4K by default! But once inside the settings menu the title crashes and there is no way to interact with the game, forcing me to force close it and in some cases do a system reset!

The problem is that the problem also occurred in my old PC configuration with a 16: 9 monitor. Or rather the first few years it worked well with the old configuration, then this problem occurred here as well. I thought that by updating the whole computer these problems would have overcome them, but I always find them!

the problem occurs only and exclusively with Forza Motorsport 7! If I do via settings, resetting the application sometimes happens to fix (but very rarely), but it only lasts for that match session. But just turn off the computer and turn it back on again!

Downloaded both ways. With Windows 10 from the store, with Windows 11 from the Xbox App. There seems to be no solution. I would like to play it but it is impossible. I can’t wait for the next chapter considering it will take a long time

well who knows … I’ll do a test in the future. I don’t do it now because it’s not easy to re-download FM7 for the thousandth time

Just got done burning several laps in rivals. Sorry to hear about your problems. This game is so much fun! So old, but still the best!
Start with crap video settings, and change only one at a time until it doesn’t work anymore. Then change another until it doesn’t work again. I usually end up setting mine back a notch to keep the frame rate up, but this process has worked for me in the past.

the problem is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to set the various graphic setups. Because just click on “video options” and the game freezes and crashes. I have no way to change the video settings

Shooting in the dark here, but have you tried lowering the system setting? Like screen resolution through the window’s setting menus, just to see if you can get it to run at all?
Also, Nvidia has a “Game Ready” suite that will automatically choose the best settings for games. I have never gotten it to work for FM7, but it might for you? Do you have that installed? It is supposed to change the setting without even loading the game. It actually wreaks havoc on my FH5, so it is not a perfect solution either. But AC and ACC it works great.
Might also want to dig into the nvidia driver setting and see if something looks off there.
Sounds like this is the only game affected, but lowering everything down just to keep it from crashing for now might at lest get you into the menu?

Good luck!

Game Ready with FM7 does not work because it is a Windows Store title. In any case, the only test I haven’t done is to change the screen resolution. I don’t know if it makes sense to re-download FM7 for the thousandth time just to do this test. I don’t know yet I have to think about it. I always leave the Nvidia Driver settings by default, so this can’t be the problem. I also add that by installing FM7, the screen flickers all the time on the desktop, perhaps because it is not compatible with high frequencies!

no it didn’t even appear to me!

anyway I’m thinking that it makes no sense to try to re-download because now that I’m thinking about it, in my old configuration, I had a 24 inch monitor in FullHD and I also had the same problem there

I had tried this as well. Maybe not all but most, but nothing. For this the title says that it is “unusable”, because in my case there seems to be no solution

I play on PC too, however I rarely experience crashes. I am running an AMD CPU and a 30 series GPU with the latest Nvidia drivers and it works fine 99% of the time.

For my in game settings using the basic video settings I run:
Dynamic render quality - Ultra
Resolution - Native window resolution
Fullscreen - On
Show framerate - Off (although I highly doubt this would Make a difference)

My Nvidia Control Panel settings;
3D
Adjust image - Let the 3D application Decide
Manage 3D Settings - Global
Scaling - Off
Ambient Occ - Off
Anisotropic filtering - Application controlled
AA FXAA - Off
AA Gamma Correction - On
AA Mode - Application controlled
AA Transparency - Off
Background App Max FR - Off
CUDA GPUs - All
DSR Factors - Off
DSR Smoothness - OFF (I think this is a default with the previous selection)
Low latency mode - Off
Max frame rate - off
Monitor tech - fixed refresh
multi-frame samppled AA (MFAA) - off
OpenGL GDI compatability - Auto
OpenGL rendering GPU - Auto-select
Power management - Normal
Preferred refresh rate - Application-controlled
Shader cache size - Driver default
Texture filtering Anisotropic - off
Texture filtering Negative LOD - Allow
Texture filtering Quality - Quality
Texture filtering trilinear - On
Threaded Optimisation - Auto
Triple buffering - Off
Vertical sync - Use 3D application setting
VR pre-rendered frames - 1
VR variable rate super sampling - Off
Vulkan/OpenGL present method - Auto

Configure Surround
PhysX setting - processor - Auto select

Display
Change resolution - Native
Set up G-Sync - I have G-Sync disabled

Everything else is set to default.

If you have G-Sync enabled try turning it off, I have run into games before that didn’t like it. I hope this helps.

1 Like