Forza Motorsport 6 Porsche & VIR Expansion

Forza Motorsport 6 Porsche Expansion with Virginia International Raceway track

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_porsche_expansion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6ynmEnLFg
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/DLC/Porsche-Expansion/9ec3e817-30d7-41ba-942b-1cb5b846d4fb

Notes:

• This is not the regular March DLC car pack, which is coming later this month.
  • This is not included in the Car Pass.
  • The announcement does not mention any discounts for current VIP or Ultimate Edition owners.
  • VIR is only available to those who own the Porsche Expansion.
  • The pack will not be available to play until you have installed today’s content update, which typically shows up around 10am Pacific time. Be sure you have exited the game around that time to restart and trigger the update.

"The ultimate Porsche experience arrives today on Xbox One with the release of the Porsche Expansion for Forza Motorsport 6. Players can now explore a collection of the most thrilling cars in Porsche’s history in ways that are only possible in Forza Motorsport 6.

At the heart of the Porsche Expansion is the all-new Campaign, the Porsche Anthology, where players experience 60 years of innovation and performance from the famed manufacturer. Designed and curated to bring more than 20 legendary Porsche models and moments to life, including nine new to Xbox One, the Porsche Anthology lets players dive deep into an amazing lineup. As the voices of the Porsche Anthology Campaign, world-renowned Porsche drivers like Hurley Haywood, Derek Bell, and Patrick Long offer their unique insights and expertise on what makes each of the cars in the Porsche Expansion so special."

“The Porsche Expansion is available now for $19.99 exclusively on Xbox One. All cars in the Porsche Expansion will be automatically delivered to each player’s garage upon purchase and download.”

“The Porsche Expansion also introduces a brand new destination for players to master – Virginia International Raceway – which includes seven distinct ribbons, as well as night and wet configurations.”

New to Xbox One
2015 Porsche #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid - new to the Forza franchise
2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR
2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
2004 Porsche 911 GT3
1998 Porsche #26 Porsche AG 911 GT1 98
1987 Porsche #17 Racing Porsche AG 962c
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60 - new to the Forza franchise
1957 Porsche 356A Speedster - new to the Forza franchise
1955 Porsche 550A Spyder

Returning to Xbox One from FH2 DLC (some FM4)
2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997)
2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
1987 Porsche 959
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1970 Porsche 914/6

Comparison of Porsche in previous Forza games:

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Achievements/XboxOne/1694054782/

Player Badges

• Own the Porsche Expansion
  • Drive on VIR for # Miles
  • Drive Porsche SUVs # Miles
  • Complete # Porsche Series
  • Drive in Porsche 911 Cars for # Miles
  • Drive Porsche Front or Mid Engine Cars # Miles
  • Win # Races in Porsches
  • Drive # Porsche Cars
8 Likes

I love the choice of cars, a few old favourites from previous Forzas., nice to see the return of the 914, a great little D classer from FM2, also good to see the horrible looking 944 aka “the poor mans” Porsche.

Downloading straight away.

1 Like

YASSSSSS!

I happyz

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be tuning a lot of lower class Porsches today. I wonder if the 550 will be a leaderboard juggernaut again.

Before running around and trying to download the Porsche/Virginia International Raceway pack, make sure you’ve got the Content Update for the game FIRST.

Then, most likely, applying the code for the Porsche Pack will just unlock access. The CU should already include everything, which is how everyone receives all the same updates at the same time.

The CU is the update that contains the code base to accommodate the Porche / VIR expansion!

Holy freaking god am I excited! Some cracking cars in there! Cannot wait to try some of those beasts out on the new track :slight_smile:

ITS OUT!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! 3 HOURS BEFORE SCHEDULE!!!

But has the content update been released? You can download the pack, but if the content update isn’t out yet you won’t be able to play any of the new content yet

Guessing it’ll be unleashed (for purchase) at 18:00 GMT today…

Really? I mean this is a racing game with race tracks where are the new gt3 and gt3RS? Not even the new Porsche turbo or Cayman GT4? You pretty much gave us the same pack from horizon 2 and your charging 20 for this? Well I hope those models are still coming.

5 Likes

Just use the car wishlist thread.

3 Likes

I don’t see it in the xbox store.

1 Like

same here pretty annoying they announce its available and… it is not.

1 Like

Ain’t no 917K in sight. Pack still excites me though.

1 Like

I’m drooling. Literally haven’t been this amped for anything Forza related since F4 maybe…

The race cars ZOMGGGGGG

No more fakearse Porsche liveries on my Audis!

1 Like

Breaking News! Purchase is not compulsory.

9 Likes

Nice selection of classics, I am disappointed by the 2011 RSR, would have preferred a 991 RSR or GT3 R.

Pretty impressive that the #7 Penske RS Spyder won Le Mans out right beating the R10 and 908 without even entering the race.

2 Likes

Very happy to finally get the pack…

…but I really would have liked to see the new GT3 and GT3RS and also the Cayman GT4 in there too.

Maybe they’ll come later.

3 Likes