Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox 360

Really? REALLY? What is this nonsense. We were promised full support and monthly DLC and now you just flush us straight through the toilet? Wow, i never thought i’d say this, but I AM DONE. No more Forza for me. If this is how you treat your fans, i don’t want to be a part of that fanbase anymore. You guys are pretty much rewarding rich people for buying an INSANELY overpriced product and the people who don’t have that money can sod off. [Mod edit - WSD - Profanity and alluding to profanity is against the ToS] . I feel violated in the ugliest way and this is my goodbye to the series. Thanks for some awesome years with FM4, H1 and a little bit of H2, but this has just gone too far for me.

46 Likes

I agree with u this is just an a absolute joke, I have this on 360 and I sure as hell ain’t paying over £500 for some rain and some extra cars. Just remember if the 360 wasn’t such a success then there wouldn’t be an xbox one. Basically I feel very let down and disappointed by this game and how they don’t even car about the people who can’t afford the xbox one. I will be leaving this series also after being with it from the very beginning. Dissapionted

1 Like

I know I’ve posted a lot on this topic but on Gamefaqs, IGN, NeoSeeker and here I see a lot of people saying they’re done with the series. No longer going to be fans or may just not buy Forza games anymore. And that’s sad to hear because I really think the Forza community is the one of the best communities in a game. I know my profile says 2013 but I’ve been through a couple of profiles, and I got into Forza around Motorsports 3. I didn’t get into it just because the games were good and I’m really in cars, I typically don’t like racing games but I saw I could upgrade every part on the cars from the engine to the spoiler… hell you can upgrade your air filter lol that’s nuts. But tuning was my favorite, felt like a mad scientist creating some monstrous beast. I knew this was going to be a fun game, but I became a fan because everyone was so nice in the game. You see a design you like the creator gives you an unlock. People sending and sharing cars. The really talented car designers took request from people to make a certain designs for a certain car. During a race people would give you tips like “don’t have ABS on or assisted braking because it will brake when you don’t need it to” or “you go faster with traction control off” and even on drag races they said “use manual w/clutch, you’ll go faster… also hold the RPMs at 4,000 then drop it before the green light”

The game wasn’t completely free of trolls but as far as the actual fan base goes everyone was really nice. Car football and Infection are fun cause everyone was having such a good time. And on here, people would post what kind of tuning you should use in case you didn’t know. The game was so easy to get into because of this :slight_smile:

The community is by far the best thing about these games. And the fact that Turn 10/Sumo wouldn’t care if they destroyed it… is the most infuriating thing about this whole ordeal. And I understand why people want to leave because of that.

2 Likes

I agree, the community is great. The only reason a lot of people are probably leaving is because 1. They don’t have the money for an Xbone or don’t want one, and 2. Have you seen what T10/PG/Sumo gave us for 50$? Exactly: nothing but a broken mess of a game. And they don’t even want to fix it, because we can’t/don’t want to get a 500$ console! At least these are the reasons why i’m leaving the games as they are right now. I just can’t afford an Xbox One and they’re punishing me for it by giving me a bad game in the first place and then refusing to fix it for me. If you see this differently, please let us know.

Also, [insert Mod Edit here]. Thank you for all of this, T10/PG/Sumo. Thank you for nothing.

2 Likes

I went to Walmart and looked at fh2 and it was sold out on X360 but untouched for X1
THAT TELLS YOU HOW MANY PEOPLE DONT HAVE X1 !!!

5 Likes

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

1 Like

I wish they would have mentioned this before I bought the game.

25 Likes

there is DLC showing on leaderboards

3 Likes

I think this early post sums up how I feel. I probably would have been willing to at least consider buying an XB1 if Forza Horizon 2 had only been available for XB1 the way FM5 is. However I feel like I was misled into dropping $50 + tax on FH2 for 360, only to find it feeling very incomplete and cheap compared to even FH1 which I actually only paid $25 for by buying it used earlier this year.

So now instead of being excited at buying a new game, or even saving up for a new console to play a new game, I feel cheated, like I need to make sure to avoid buying anything related to Forza for a while just so I can stop feeling angry about it. At least Gamestop has a guaranteed trade-in credit for the first 30 days.

4 Likes

I can’t say that I’m surprised about the DLC, I knew that there wouldn’t be any (even though I did hope for some cars from the previous Horizon to be added in). Though, the Forza rewards does surprise me, I was hoping to at least get credits or something for the 360 version, but oh well. I’ll wait a while before upgrading to the Xbox one.

4 Likes

No DLC and Rewards might just be going to far! Alienating your customers…well…it will leave many not knowing what to say! Making Horizon 2 for the 360 was a great business decision, there are plenty of people out there who are fans of Forza and continue to use their 360 consoles. Makes no sense to release a game with no DLC in the following months afterwards. There is still money to be made. Also makes no sense why there will be no Rewards, Horizon 2 on the 360 is a Forza game right? In the world of business, its cheaper to keep your current customers than trying to make new ones.

It has me curious to know how many copies of the 360 game have sold compared to that of the One. Anybody out there have an idea? Ever since it was announced that Horizon 2 was coming to the 360, its been one bad mistake after another. Very little information, no game-play footage, only a single screen shot, no demo! Now no DLC and no rewards.

Microsoft will loose customers because of this, but they will also add new customers, I’m sure Horizon 2 will attract people who’ve never owned an Xbox before. If I did have the cash, I’d buy an Xbox One just for this game! It looks gorgeous! But, I had to stick it out with my 360. I’ve enjoyed playing the 360 version of Horizon 2, its not a bad game by any means. It definitely could have been made better, but I’m happy to have it. Reward money would have been very helpful in buying cars and tuning them.

One thing Microsoft needs to know, people do have other options for gaming and their competition isn’t just the PS4. I’m not talking about the Wii U either. PC’s! We’ve seen a resurgence in PC gaming. Also the popularity of smartphone/tablet gaming. Heck, I don’t even need anything modern to fulfill my gaming need, I can just blow off the dust from my Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo and play some OutRun and Mario Kart!

23 Likes

I agree H2 definitely needs an update as a forza faithful Ive played and still own all of them, but sadly due to my cu rent financial situation i cant just go out and buy an xbox one with h2. I would like to at least see an update for all the issues on the 360 as there seem to be so many, like certain parts of roads being incomplete and causing some spectacular crashes, the game freezing during online multiplayer after switching cars, and capable random free roam sessions and maybe some sort of vehicle tuning would be nice like in F4. I have played on the xbox one and its utterly brilliant and couldnt really fault anything.

[Mod edit - WSD - Trolling is against the ToS and CoC]

1 Like

I understand peoples frustrations but before hitting the post button please ensure your posts language is acceptable on the forums. If you wouldn’t say it to your granny, your teacher or your boss then don’t post it on the forums. Continuing to post language that is unacceptable will lead to forum user privileges being suspended and in possible removal from the forums.

5 Likes

I didn’t spell out any profanity, I used “symbols” for all of the leters in those words. My opinions were not liked. But it’s awesome to have screenshots. Which I took b4 my post was “Mod’d” so I will repost again excluding any forms of swear words. If it gets “Mod’d” again well… everyone will just know 360 users are being “hushed”

5 Likes

Using symbols for those words are against ToS and the CoC … NO swearing, NO Alluding to swearing.

4 Likes

Wow, and you announce this NOW? A week after release?
Hopefully I can get a full refund for my game, seeing as my retailer advertised it to incluce DLC (false advertising). I’m done with Forza, and with that any incentive I had to buy an X1.

20 Likes

I agree!
Why should you release a game and don’t support it? I just bought a 360 just for forza (already have a ps3 and ps4, so x1 is to expensive) ! Just spend €60 for this. I think I am also done with Forza already… Thanks.

[sorry for my bad English.]

4 Likes

My sentiments exactly. This game on XBOX 360 is an embarrassment to Turn 10. I understand that all the reviews out there were for Xbox one but they all mentioned the game was “Also available on XBOX 360.” This clearly suggests that most of the features advertised and guaranteed to be in the game would in fact be in the game. I fully expect a company that produces games to be sure reviews prior to release accurately portray their game based on FACTS. I literally had the conversation with my wife two days prior to buying this game that I would ONLY buy it if it had tuning. After reading all the reviews which assured us it would be in the game I wasted $55 of my money. This game is far worse than the original Horizon in almost every way.

With some of the bugs in the game I wonder if the people who produced this game even played it? Seriously, supercharger whine coming and going of it’s own free will? That’s exactly the same as it was in the previous game. I would NEVER have bought this game if I knew it was just a crappier version of the last game.

Be honest with your customers, have your reviewers add a line to reviews for clarification.
Such as:
“Tuning will be coming to Forza Horizon 2. This feature will not be available on XBOX 360.”
or “Weather changes are coming to Forza Horizon 2 on XBOX One exclusively.”

The only reason I bought an Xbox 360 was for Forza games, I can assure you I will not make that mistake again as I have lost all trust in this line of games.

2 Likes

I tried to get a refund from GameStop, where I pre-ordered this game in July. JULY. And I tried to take it back 2 days after launch, and they refused to refund it, and instead offered me $30 store credit or $12.50 cash. I think they know this game isn’t worth the $50, and they don’t want to re-purchase a failed game. Soon as full reviews are published for the 360 version, the demand for that game will be 0, and the value of your trade-in? 0.

1 Like