Forza Going Backwards

Im happy with the gameplay/physics, cars, and the tracks. They did a great job in this area. But they removed, screwed up, heavly restricted all the different way people enjoy this game. I think T10 only goal is to cram everbody in 2 lap death races. Its frustrating to say the least.

5 Likes

I just want custom public lobbies to come back. I asked Microsoft if they were possible (I’d heard speculation that it wasn’t Turn 10’s fault that they were removed) and they said yes, it’s a design choice of the game. I love oval racing, yet I’ve had the game since launch and have yet to be in a lobby where either Daytona or Indy’s oval was chosen to be raced. It’s such a pain to have this great racing game and not have a way to do the races that you really want to do. Forza, both Motorsport and Horizon, are my favorite racing games, but I really think this will be my last one unless they bring back the ability to enjoy them how we want.

2 Likes

It’s mainly the multiplayer destruction derby that’s letting it down for me, the single player is always the same and never really interests me for long periods.

The kick feature needs to be improved and go back to a vote system.

2 Likes

One thing I’ve been noticing more recently is just how quiet the forums have been. I remember back in the days of Forza Motorsport 4 that a paint or tune thread would only stay on its subforum’s front page for a few hours. Looking at both right now there a thread can stay on the Paint forum’s front page for 4 days and the Tuner forum’s front page for 10. General Discussion (this subforum we’re in right now) is active but not as much as days past.

I remember there being intense and detailed discussions about car physics and tuning philosophies but there’s been hardly anything of the sort since Forza Motorsport 6 launched. Either people have “figured out” the game already and are using modified tuning philosophies from previous games, or they simply aren’t interested in getting engaged on a forum discussion any more.

Granted, some of this is down to a wider shift from community forums to social media platforms, and a lot of it has to do with the lower installbase of the Xbox One, but it’s something I wanted to bring up regardless. It almost makes it not worth spending hours on a paint or tune if there’s nobody around to look at it.

3 Likes

Probably because 75% of the posts on these forums is just people complaining about things they don’t like in the game.

probably because 75% of the game is garbage now. fact not opinion

4 Likes

Lol,how is this a fact and not just an opinion?Its opinion period…
But you are entitled to your opinion.We all have our opinion.But yours isnt fact.

3 Likes

Hmmm…have you played fm4? have you read the countless threads about everything wrong with the game and how t10 does nothing to fix them? if this game was in fact “good” then why all of the hate? i for one love, wait, loved forza at one time. it could do no wrong in my eyes. then it quickly drained the soul out of me with the laughable multiplayer, boring career that makes you build cars that arent maxxed out in their class (a650 why?), the servers that work half of the time and the community or lack there of. honestly, call of duty has a better community than fm6. im not talking about the forums im talking about the try hards and crashers in the “hoppers.” lets not mention the missing content like auction house and store front and gifting cars. the game is literally a shadow of what it used to be. the only thing they got right is giving everyone a ghost in rivals mode and the actual feel of the cars are improved. fact

2 Likes

I can relate to that sentiment so much. Part of what encourages us to spend hours painting is the enjoyment of the product with the community.

5 Likes

Me and my forza friends feel the exact same way. I made a rant on it last night… - YouTube

This franchise is a shadow of it’s former self, it’s really sad to see a game I love evolve into mediocre garbage over the years. Racing games like this need to made by racing enthusiasts, not bean counters.

I mean, it’s 2015 and there is still no qualifying in this game but that’s ok because all the resources went into the useless Forzavista feature.

7 Likes

I truly believe the “community features” (searchable lobbys, user created/ controlled lobbies) - The reason they are gone is because of the OS of the one versus the 360. Given that T10 is partnered directly with MS its not like they can show the faults of OS.

I’m in the lose faith section of the fanbase of the game. But FM6 is not backwards movement from FM5. I can’t even fathom what would bring anyone to say that and I’m a chief devils advocate type.

The career is the career. There is a clear catering to the generation X that apparently can not focus on something more then 10 minutes - but as company they buy most of the games so I get it it. It would be nice if we had some control of the lap count in the career for those that are bit more serious.

I would prefer a more championship based career but there really isn’t anything that screams out to me that makes this one not good - I’m even going through it again. I personally love the "division idea and use it more then “car body” in the past - however it really looks like car body on the leader boards.

Leagues is a descent step in the correct direction More ghost leagues then they have in the past. Not sure 24 persons in a lobby is a good idea - and there apear to be stability issues.

but to say that after FM5 , FM5 is better then FM6 - I’m not even sure - FM4 was the metric. it seems google/MS/ Apple can’t make a search engine anymore - they all have to predict what they think we want instead of just letting it be. (my iphone can’t even search my emails/ text worth a crap either - and MS is worse,)

At MS: I want my XBone to be a gaming console - not a computer ( i have one of those), not a Media player ( i have one of those) just make it a GOOD gaming console again, please

2 Likes

All I really want is an immersive, well constructed career, and a refined (actually good) free play. So no rental cars (just choosing cars from a list like 4 and games previously is best imo) and options where you can choose the vehicles that you race against.

There is a lot that I like about the game, yes. Just wish they hadn’t stripped away so much since 4.

2 Likes

what about the online replays for me it’s the worst forza game when come to online replays. I luv to watch my replays online game play and look horrible they need!! to fix this jesus lol

1 Like

In general I love the game and Ive played the whole series…

Please please bring back PLAYER HOSTED LOBBIES so wreckers can be kicked by host…Why this simple feature was removed is beyond me…Its the reason on line play is pitiful.
Ghosted lobbies are the only choice and thats just hotlapping not racing.

3 Likes

^ Yea I kinda agree with that, especially about the career mode. That and freeplay is the main attraction to me and they are just plain boring and uncustomizable. Havent played fm6 much due to this. Wish I had an idea it would be like this as I wouldnt have purchased the ultimate version but oh well xD

3 Likes

Sorry. I really like that they made car divisions and Max PI for them.

Now I can race in GT cars and not worry about 70 F1s or some Hypercar speed tune ruining race.

So they changed it up and it’s different so that is a fault.

It’s a fault to have GT cars limited to only slightly better then they could be in real life.

The car divisions set up car bodies, at a semi realistic PI base. So there should be some very nice racing if the stopped treating it like the old car bodies and gave us the ability to use the division in free play and multiplayer

It to have races in classic compacts in e class instead of B (oops they just did that didn’t they) :wink:

1 Like

I haven’t played since the last patch and saw an article about Turn 10 bringing Tokens into Forza 6, which while I don’t have a major issue with (though you know after paying £40 for a game I wouldn’t mind not being asked every time I play the game to pay more money but whatever) I was pretty with about as I remember they said this back just before release:

“The only way microtransactions would come back is if sometime in the life cycle, players are asking for it, just as an option or something like that. We’re hoping the in-game economy will support how people will play the game.”

The one thing I haven’t seen anyone asking for on this thread is micro-transactions, plus I don’t think 2 months into a game is all that far into the games life cycle to turn around and add micro-transactions (I know they aren’t required with better car and credit rewards and you can ignore them but everytime you buy a car it asks do you want to spend some really money?). They have had 3 months to work on functionality for the game and the first thing they add is tokens, which to me means they aren’t listening to the fans but the accountants who want to increase revenue.

I’m torn with this thread because on the one hand I want to thank everyone who’s posted (whether they have agreed with me or not) and for making this a good discussion on Forza but on the other hand part of me wishes that only one other person had posted (with many likes) saying I was wrong and Forza is great. My worry is that Turn 10 won’t get to make Forza Motorsport 8 because by 7 the fanbase will have moved on to other games and given up waiting for Turn 10 to make the racing game that they want to play while other studios will listen and improve their games to surpass what Turn 10 churn out.

3 Likes

Yes, yes and YES!!!

What is really affecting my experience with FM6 is this:

Multiplayer
Can’t connect to the servers
Can’t find lobbies
70% of the time I’m only able to join those with 1 or 2 players
Random disconnects
Broken track rotation (some show up more than others…and Top Gear, full Monza/full Le Mans missing from A class)
Broken voice chat

Votekick
What about the votekick system in public lobbies? There’s no votekick showing ON THE SCREEN anymore (last time it was in FM4), and it looks like it doesn’t even work because nobody is ever getting kicked.
Start introducing some penalties!!!
Or an effective ghosting system for those who intentionally take out other cars.
Or even a driving school and licenses. If you can’t drive, you can’t join certain lobbies.
I am sick of saving replays, check again what happened on each race, save the exact name of the problematic players and send all the details to the moderator.
What about T10 HELPING crashers by allowing them tu use big trucks, vans, SUVs and limousine online??

Liveries and setups
All the liveries and setups are mixed up, good and bad.
We can’t vote anymore between 1 and 5 stars, we can only put a “like” and if we don’t like something there’s nothing we can do about it.
When we want to change livery among those we already have, we have to scroll through our entire collection, of all cars. WHAT THE HELL!
It’s a complete mess.
Why, why and WHY did T10 remove the PERFECT system they had in Forza 4? Are they masochists?

User Interface
I can’t read…
Even after we talked so much about this on the forum, T10 still hasn’t changed the size of the text on the screen

3 Likes

It’s sad cuz i made my friend list with forza games and i dnt play CoD or Battlefield just Forza and from 49 friends online 3 like max!!! are playing forza. But when you look back to FM4 after 6 month of the game launch you can see your friends list pack of people playing forza. i luv forza game but there is a big difference between a forza fans & racing fans no matter T10 they bring to the table FM fans the always going to be happy no metter is the game are missing features.

i’m a racing fan and i still playing the game cuz i got no other option. please no drama just my P.O.

1 Like