Forza Going Backwards

I’m losing interest in the game in a rapid fashion as well and it’s only 2 months out. Now that Fallout 4 is also out I’m only playing FM6 once or twice a week. There is much to like in FM6 but for some reason things don’t seem to really grab me, certainly not the way GT6 did on the PS3.

• Turn 10 seems to give wheel users the middle finger with poor force feedback and just overall weird wheel behaviour and no communication whatsoever from T10 that they are even looking into it. If anything, having a wheel should be an advantage over having a controller, not the other way around. Unless this is supposed to be an arcade series instead of a sim.
  • Well actually the game is not a racing game, it’s a tuning game. There is zero love in the game for players who like to drive stock cars (no silly upgrades, no tuning) and compare cars with each other and their DRIVING (not tuning) skills with other players. It seems Forza 6 is not the place to be. I so much want to quickly grab a car from my collection and drive competitive with it WITHOUT first having to spend 30 minutes worrying about tuning and setup. It worked fine in FH2, why not here???
  • The career mode is beyond boring. I just can’t seem to be arsed to continue it anymore. Drivatar difficulty still leaves much to be desired for too.
  • Showcases and especially endurance races are cool but I completed all that already.
  • Multiplayer lobbies are fun but the disconnects not.
  • Car devisions are awkward as well. A lot of cars don’t belong to a devision, in FH2 every single car had one. Very sad decision from T10 to do this. It really feels as if they didn’t care to do this properly. The least they could do is to get some proper background in cars, when I look up cars and I check their background info on wikipedia I just start to feel depressed because of the poor devisions we have now.
8 Likes

While I agree with some of your comments, I’m against Forza Motorsport turning into Playground Games Horizon franchise…!

However, I have the distinct and very uneasy feeling, that come Forza 7, we"ll have Horizon 3!!!

Meaning, that the Forza Motorsport as we know (and love) it, will no longer exist. Both Horizon and Motorsport will become one, and appeal to a greater “basic arcade userbase” than the truer Motorsport enthusiast -as our numbers are fewer and fewer with each ensuing iteration.

It makes great marketing and business sense to cater to the mass market, that being the arcade gamer, rather than the ever diminishing “enthusists” market. They are slowly shifting to games like ProgeCARS, and the Turn10 Studio we once knew, is now a combined studio represented by both Playground Games and Turn10 Studios. Both of which are MS subsidiaries …

It doesn’t take a scientist to see the merging of these two games.

Even now ppl in these forums speak of them as one game, blame Turn10 for Playground a Games issues in Horizon, and visa-versa.

I loved FM3, not so much FM4, FM5 started to included some of Horizions features, and visa-versa. But FM6 is starting to meld closer to Horizons than ever before… It’s something that’s been sticking in my throat for some time, sadly…

We’re seeing this happen in several FPS games, with an ever growing ‘online only’ userbase. Rainbow Six Siege is just one example, and the dumbing down of once excellent FPS games.

3 Likes

How can you say Forza 6 is more boring than 5? What?

6 is miles ahead of 5

4 Likes

6 is laps ahead of 5

3 Likes

Well, depending on the track, laps could mean more :wink:

1 Like

Downhill since 5? I know 6 isn’t the game some of us were hoping for, but saying 5 is a better game is one of the most ludicrous things I’ve read on these forums since joining them.

5 Likes

There are things missing in 6 that were present in 5. Good things too.

3 Likes

6 is deffinatly a great game, however I agree it is missing some of the “community feel” that 4 had. The career mode doesn’t make sense either… I’ve been trying to work my way through it but it forces me to use cars I don’t want… then forces me to tune said car to a strange number rendering them useless in multi player… which is also all weird now.

4 Likes

Also, so many tracks and different layouts yet in career mode we have to run same tracks over and over! WTF

It’s called running a business, and at the end of the day they also need to run the business and make sure its roots are firmly grounded in the coming years.

This is why we see the good stuff being ditched from previous games or some aspects changing direction when new FM games are released.

All in all, Forza 6 ain’t bad, it offers plenty to do and I like it a lot, it’s addictive as heck. Though, I would say FM5 was a bit better from an audio/video perspective. FM4 was probably the most fun I’ve had in a FM game, miss it to death. Well, I can hook up my 360 and take it for a spin, though FM6 keeps me nicely full! Really like the physics and improved engine audio that came with the updates.

1 Like

Career Mode is gameplay from the 90’s. I remember very well sega rally and ridge racesr where you always must be 3rd or better. It’s a bad joke to put such gameplay in racinggame with that number of cars and tracks. There is no soul in this game. Im sure the members of turn 10 are huge car fans but they don’t know how to give the player the feeling that he’s a part of the action in the game. Pcars done there a much better job they put the player in the middle and not the cars. Turn 10 want tell stories about motorsport. Motorsport is in most cases championship based besides the great races like daytona 500, indy 500, Le Mans or Monaco GP. I never understand why turn 10 have no more championships since fm4. It must be have buisness reasons. So people play more online instead they have too much fun in singleplayer.

7 Likes

Turn 10 have been in reverse gear since Forza 4 (the horizon games are not really T10 games) I just don’t see Turn 10 be able to turn this around they seem to have no understanding of the concept of game-play.

4 Likes

it’s like the two mingled 5 and horizon and we got this “6”

I guess throwing in water on tracks was going to detour our mind frame on the game. I like it, but again options there are none and it reminds me more of a arcadish game as mentioned above “place 3rd place or better” upgrade your cars so you never experience how a car truly was. Career is horrid… and I still always have one car that is on steroids.

patch won’t fix this… I thought I’d be stuck to this game like syrup on pancakes, not the case. I doubt T10 even reads this… I didn’t buy 5 due to lack of cars… and 6 is options and cars yet again. There are numerous amounts that were in 4 that aren’t in 6 which is very odd.

I regret having it digitally…

5 Likes

I have the game digitally to, so I’m stuck with it :frowning:

2 Likes

This thread is just one of many examples of why I don’t want to post here in the forums anymore. I see more hate on this game than actually good discussion. With the lack of community features, I can understand that. I play these types of games for the cars and the racing, because I like cars and racing. I rarely used the auction house and storefront. I never gifted anything to anyone. I barely even went online. In fact, I don’t even have Live Gold anymore.

Granted, I cannot give a legitimate opinion on FM6 because I don’t have the game nor the console. It seems like an exciting game I want to play, but with some weird stuff like the runaway Drivatars (the status of that I do not know), I may need to hold back until later.

Cheers.

P.S. : Dan also tweeted that, “if our vision for Forza doesn’t agree with you, there are lots of great racing games out there. Game on!”

Well… I purchased XB1 for the soul purpose of Forza… thats pretty well the only game I play. Admittedly it is a bit disheartening to spend that sort of money and not have the game live up to its predecessors. Have a championship in career was wonderful, it allowed you to play the field, play the points standings, and still win if done correctly. eg. you only need one point to take the championship and car X needs 3… so if you drive defensively and loose one position but hold car X back while you are at it, you can still take the championship at the expense of the race… that’s gone now…

It does kind of feel like more attention was put into making the game pretty than making it a simulation in some aspects. I’ll still play it though, it’s the online w/ friends that really matters.

However on that note… why hell when you change class in a private match do the Drivatars remain in the previous class?!

3 Likes

The gameplay/physics and graphics are on the up… The community features and things that keep people playing, not so much. Gotta strip it down some so they can keep you on their release cycle.

5 Likes

That’s how I’m feeling about it as well. I enjoy driving/tuning/painting/racing, but when it comes to various community features nothing has quite hit the level of satisfaction that Forza Motorsport 4’s Storefront layout used to provide.

It’s much harder to come across high quality paints and tunes with the current system, to the point where I only download tunes after searching the forums. I don’t mind not having an Auction House, and although I am disappointed that Gifting is no longer possible I understand the reasons for its exclusion. I think the most limiting factor as regards searching for paints/tunes is that you only get results for the car you are in, and cannot look up a content creator’s entire catalogue.

4 Likes

6 is still in the shadow of 4! The community was best on 2! 5 was 1/4 of the previous game! I always thought games are like cars, the manufacturer makes the next model better than the previous. T10 has proven that that’s not the case with their games! At least motorsport wise😟

6 Likes

There are plenty of examples of cars where the new version doesn’t live up to the bar set by the predecessor. Why you would only need to look to the car lists in any Forza to find examples …

1 Like