FORZA DEVS, READ THIS: We are sick and tired of the lack of effort from the devs put into this game

Just here to say that i totally agree with everything said here.

3 Likes

Honestly I’m not shocked that licensing is a minefield, and I would not be shocked if a company might have rediculous licensing policy like “we won’t allow our cars in the game unless the game launched with our cars” even if it’s clearly obvious that the issue was on their end when the game launched.

Companies can get pretty manic about licensing, even in situations where it’s clearly to their detriment.

It’s similar to the whole Apple car play/Android auto situation that played out between 10 and 5 years ago. It was clearly better for consumers for companies to embrace these features, and the companies that did so first saw more success in sales, yet there was still massive resistance to it industry-wide because car manufacturers were holding onto this fantasy that they could be the ones to control the data and have a whole new avenue for profit through a proprietary software industry, even when believing that was extremely harmful to their own company.

The car industry is not without ego.

4 Likes

I defo support saving the environment and that but forza is taking it way too seriously lol

5 Likes

This game isn’t a recycling bin. It’s the entire factory

13 Likes

The main problem with “the devs” is that it’s actually 2 companies: Playground Games in the UK and Turn 10 on the other side of the big pond in the USA…

Turn 10 developed the game engine for their Forza Motorsport series. They are now very busy (and under a lot of pressure) with the reboot of Forza Motorsport and its new engine. I doubt that they are working on fixing bugs in FH5…

Playground Games are the main devs for Horizon and very good at developing content (if they want to). But their knowledge of the game engine seems to be very limited. Everytime they introduce new features or push the limits of the engine, we get new bugs… Plus, their quality control seems to be rubbish… Moreover, they are probably very busy with the 2nd expansion. They need to get it published many months before the new Motorsport comes out. That’s probably the reason for these lackluster seasons atm.

On top of that, the Playground Games devs exaggerate everything so much that it’s borderline fraud. They hype everything, raise big expectations and cannot deliver. You can only expect the absolute bare minimum and not an iota more of what they say and write… That’s a perfect setup for regulation frustration among players…

9 Likes

it would be nice if i could actually play this steaming pile. after the update i was able to launch the game Tuesday but today the game refuses to get past the Turn 10 loading screen. i have tried every conceivable fix including repairing, reseting, rebooting, praying to ancient gods, etc. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FIX THIS???

2 Likes

Bit of an exaggeration, don’t you think?

And calling the devs lazy seems unfair to me, when the issues seem to come more from management. The developers are hard at work on the next game and the expansion. Management wants to keep profits high and development costs low, so they’ll only have the developers develop the minimum necessary to make tons of money. On that front, everything’s going great.

5 Likes

Yes…but also, no. Look at how hard they gushed about the Anniversary and Donut Media playlists and the supposed effort put into them, and then contrast that with the product pushed out to the public. There’s lots of things - big, small, and inbetween - that are all adding up to a sum that is less than the parts’ alleged value.

2 Likes

Are you guys seriously telling me you didn’t like the new donut media story? I absolutely loved it. Especially the chapter where they taught you how to upgrade your car. Despite the fact that the game has been out for a year now and I’ve been playing since FH3, I never knew you could upgrade your car or how to do it so I was so happy they put this tutorial in there. And I was even happier they gave you a whole hour to do it as I found it rather tricky.

16 Likes

fark_6Qy1WZAUQ-5grHA8-mF8C6_9Hlk

4 Likes

Playground is in the extremely comfortable position of having:

• Another studio supply the basic game engine to them
  • A mass of toxic fans, of either Xbox or Forza, who will defend them at all costs
  • A group of critics who really do seem to think Playground is the one studio in Microsoft’s portfolio that can rival Sony’s studios (which is laughable)
  • Almost no competition apart from The Crew 2 and a very weakened NFS

I don’t play Forza Horizon because I don’t like the service model Playground went with, which is way too demanding (more so than Ubisoft’s and that’s saying something), and I don’t like the cringeworthy vibe of the game where everyone is so happy and obnoxious. But the game does look beautiful and has excellent physics for arcade, which explains its popularity, despite Playground giving several signs they actually want to move away from the type of game Forza became known for and stick to making a sandbox with a battle royale.

If Microsoft managed its studios in an efficient way, it’d kill Forza Motorsport and make T10 become a support studio to Playground. Open world arcade racers are more popular than track racers and Forza Motorsport can’t quite match Gran Turismo when it comes to activity. It’d also tell Playground to re-add the competitive ranked element to Forza Horizon, which brings in a few long term players, which is always helpful when it comes to extending the game’s lifespan. Since Microsoft’s management of its gaming division is a mess and based almost entirely on buying content to remove it from its competitors, we’ll have a new Forza Motorsport, which will probably not even dent GT7’s popularity despite the latter’s key issues in certain areas, and we’ll be stuck with FH5 in its neutered state for a very long time.

I know some people will come here to defend FM but… let’s put it this way: last year, Sony carefully placed GT7’s trailers around the time of FH5’s release. And Kaz has been adding stuff like rallycross to GT7. There’s a strong hint GT7 came into existence as a more sandboxy GT Sport because Sony needed such a product to fight FH5 with, and couldn’t care less about Forza Motorsport.

The recent cancellation of Project CARS, possible death of GRID and addition of supercars to the F1 games also implies EA wants to bring the fight to Gran Turismo by turning F1 into an “F1 lifestyle” game, whereas NFS is given one last chance to shine.

17 Likes

Without knowing any more about Unbound, I wish EA would give Codemasters a shot at a real back-to-the-roots Need For Speed, because driving the supercars in F1 22 was not a horrible experience.

1 Like

Wait, what? EA just destroyed Project CARS and SMS? Wowzers.

I know right? I’m so excited to play the story, I’ve played since FH3 and made a ton of full drift tunes but I still don’t know how to upgrade my car!

2 Likes

On one of the forza livestreams on twitch… This dev from Turn10 Abby or idk i forgot her name. She said that because of covid they had lost a lot of their contacts with manufacturers. You know… People loosing their jobs and all. So that probably was part of it.

But still a lot of the manufacturers from horizon 4 went back and most of the cars… 650 cars list on launch is really really good list even considering what she said. Horizon 4 on launch had 450 cars. If they could do 650 and not 450 it still seems to me they coudlve get the lost manufacturers back but they didnt for some reason.

Still…relying only on cars to keep the interest going is not enough.

1 Like

Interesting… Tons of content, and yes that includes user made. An expansion coming. The actual biggest complaints are body kits and wings… Kinda minor in the grand scheme but ok understand that one.

Lack of content and qa issues though? Nah. People are either expecting more than their hardware is capable of or have some serious system issues. The games runs 4k120 maxed out with the highest RT setting and DLSS or FSR on quality. If I disable RT then no DLSS needed. I’m sure there’s plenty on ultra when they might wanna try medium and watch the fps counter as they edit.

Might also consider ditching RGB software, reading driver release notes because nVidia has had a massive issue that kills performance for months and it effects EVERYTHING.

As for fun… I find as long as I can gather 3 or more friends we can make plenty of fun. Whether it’s just racing or doing things in free roam.

This game has tons of content and story quality… It’s no different than any horizon game and craziest thing is they are trying to give you some entertaining story via the history of Mexico, the anniversary and now donut media.

It’s a open world simcade racing game… What “story” are you looking for lol.

I noticed motorsport doesn’t have much story whatsoever… And thank god lol. I want to race in my racing games.

Give windows a fresh install, if you’re on anything older than 2nd gen Ryzen or have 4 cores… Upgrade. Nvidia 900 or 1000 series? Time to upgrade. AMD 5xx or vega or anything older than RDNA1… It’s upgrade time.

2 Likes

I didn’t knew it was in the game the whole time… but disabled in FH3 and FH4

2nd Gen Ryzen maybe, but the 1000 series (except for the 1030 and 1050) is still more than sufficient for running Forza Horizon at better than console quality

2 Likes

Yep, you’re “that guy”, that person whose only personality trait is “muh Aventador”

Have fun i guess

1 Like

Those are just cosmetics. There are certainly bigger issues like the total lack of anti-cheat. All the leaderboards are infested by cheaters and glitchers. It’s been almost a year and they did nothing so far. Or the ridiculous limits for number of cars, tunes & liveries…

Have you been living behind the moon? The game was in a terrible state at release. And there are still many more bugs than in FH4. Moreover, they introduce new bugs with almost every update. That is an QA issue. Like 2 seasons ago, I had no thumbnails for the new cars. It took them 4 week to fix it. That’s not an QA issue? Yes, it’s all because people expect more of their hardware than it’s capable of… Sure… And there are no issues on X-Box?

The convoys in free roam are still broken. You get massive synchronization issues with 12 players. With 10 players it’s better, but still terrible.

You must be in customer support in a call center somewhere. Enjoy your day !

4 Likes