Ford Mustang GT 2024

Ford Mustang (Seventh generation)

POLLS

Note - polls do not replace voting on the topic for our tracking purposes - be sure to click the VOTE button in the upper left above the first post in addition to submitting poll responses.

Which bodystyle do you prefer?

• Coupé
  • Convertible
0 voters

Which model do you prefer?

• EcoBoost
  • GT
  • Dark Horse
  • GTD
0 voters

POLLS

Which body type do you prefer?

• Coupe
  • Convertible
0 voters

Which Version do you prefer?

• EcoBoost
  • GT
  • Dark Horse (incl. S)
  • GTD
0 voters
4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ford Mustang (race spec) 2023-current

2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse

60 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ford Australian Supercars 2023-current (Gen 3)

Dark Horse S for Horizon
Dark Horse R for motorsports

24 Likes

There’s a new Mustang and with that must of course come a new special version. Following in the footsteps of the GT350R and Mach 1 of the previous generation, The Mustang Dark Horse is a track-trained Mustang. The Coyote V8 develops 500 hp in this configuration, and will be helped by mayor cooling upgrades on track days. A limited-slip differential, 6-speed manual gearbox, active suspension, optional Pirelli Trofeo tires and Gurney flap ensure the American brute is just as fast in the corners as they have always been in a straight line. There are further packages available, making the Dark Horse even faster, including adjustable rear wing, Multimatic (the guys who made the current GT) dampers and a fuel cell. When the new Mustang was announced, Ford also revealed a bunch of racing versions, showing their intentions of racing, and winning, with the new generations, and the road-going Dark Horse will be a way for the normal customer to experience at least a bit of that.

8 Likes

They announced 2 versions
Dark Horse S for road-ready and Drag Racing
Dark Horse R for circuit racing

Are two different models

5 Likes

If you want to put it that way, there are actually three models. I didn’t want to go too far into the details above, but here you go. The Dark Horse is the street-legal model is described above. The packages I mentioned are the track-only S and R. The S strips everything unnecessary from the road car and adds safety equipment, an adjustable rear wing, new exhaust system, upgraded brakes and Multimatic dampers. The R will get new wheels and a fuel cell.

3 Likes

S is also street legal

4 Likes

Read here if you don’t believe me: Benchmark for Street and Track, Ford Introduces Mustang Dark Horse and New Family of Track-Only Race Ponies | Ford Media Center

2 Likes

Its on third line @carfan14

The arrival of Mustang Dark Horse heralds a new chapter in the storied Mustang motorsports history with the all-new Mustang Dark Horse S and Dark Horse R track-only model that are part of six new racing Mustangs coming soon

Then on main text

Two dedicated, Dark Horse Mustangs powered by 5.0-liter V8 engines will only be available for racers and non-street use. Mustang Dark Horse S is designed for the weekend track day enthusiast while Mustang Dark Horse R has been developed for racing.

S was already confirmed to be Street Legal in other texts and vids with Ford engeneers

2 Likes

@meganinja202
That’s super weird, because lower down they say. I’m confused now, but still think I was right, but you weren’t (too) wrong either…

Two dedicated, track-only Dark Horse Mustangs powered by 5.0-liter V8 engines will only be available for racers and non-street use. Mustang Dark Horse S is designed for the weekend track day enthusiast while Mustang Dark Horse R has been developed for racing.

Mustang Dark Horse S is built uniquely for motorsports as a stripped-down version of the street-legal Mustang Dark Horse production vehicle. All non-essential parts and trim pieces have been removed for Mustang Dark Horse S. Inside is a full FIA-certified safety cage, safety nets, a race seat with safety belts and a race steering wheel with quick disconnect.

3 Likes

I’m not normally a particularly big fan of modern Mustangs but the Dark Horse is absolutely stunning, I love how it looks and Ford did a really good job of refining the shape of the Gen 6.

5 Likes

Mustang Coupe:

Mustang Coupe Dark Horse:

13 Likes

Im sure the team at turn 10 will bring in the new Gen 7 Ford Mustang Racing Variants in Forza Motorsport at some point like if you watched the video of the race cars that are gonna be in Forza Motorsport you would see that one of the mustang race cars that gonna be in the Game was The Mustang GT3 so that should tell you that 7 generation Ford Mustang race car is gonna be in the game at some point

2 Likes

Put The Mustang Dark Horse in Forza Horizon 5

5 Likes

It’s rumored that there might be a:
2026 Ford Mustang Raptor (R)

Car And Driver’s article link: 2026 Mustang Raptor: What We Know So Far

9 Likes

That would be pretty sweet

1 Like

I’d prefer the GT over the Dark Horse if I had the choice, but should the Dark Horse make it in either Horizon or Motorsport please allow us the option to paint the gray section right underneath the headlights!

1 Like