Ford Mustang 2005-2014 (S197)

Click VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Horizon.
Reply below to provide details about the cars you’re requesting.

Click the tags on this topic to find and vote on other similar models.

Ford Mustang (Fifth Generation)

This topic is for voting on variants of this model other than the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 already featured in FH5.

This model has also been represented in Forza as the:

• 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (FM4 | FH1)
  • 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 (FM3-FM4)
  • 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 (FM2-FM7)
  • 2005 Ford Mustang GT (FM1-FM4)

POLLS

Note - polls do not replace voting on the topic for our tracking purposes - be sure to click the VOTE button in the upper left above the first post in addition to submitting poll responses.

Which bodystyle do you prefer?

• Coupé
  • Convertible
0 voters

Which facelift do you prefer?

• Original (2005-2009)
  • 1st Facelift (2010-2012)
  • 2nd Facelift (2013-2014)
0 voters

Which model do you prefer?

• V6
  • GT (V8)
  • GT 5.0 (V8)
  • Boss 302
  • Shelby GT500 & GT500KR
0 voters

This era of Mustangs have been largely ignored after Motorsport 4 with the exceptions being the '07 GT500 in Motorsport and the '05 Hotwheels Mustang. Would really like to see either the GT or the GT500 come to Horizon and remain in Motorsport.

27 Likes

My favorite body style of the newer line of Mustangs, by far. Proper modern retro. Been missing it since FM4.

14 Likes

Absolutely agree with Lynx8209, it’s my favorite body style of the new mustangs ! It has never been in a forza horizon it could be a great addition. The interior has a nice personality too. The GT from motorsport would be my pick, it would be easier to get it back in the franchise i think.
Mustang_GT
A mustang bullitt from this era could be nice too
2008-mustang-bullitt-i01

36 Likes

I love the body style of this gen mustang (s197) before facelift, that’s what the muscle car should look like!

2008_ford_mustang_dashboard

26 Likes

The S197 Bullitt is one of my favorite Mustangs!

3 Likes

From all the post-2005 Mustangs built I think the standard 2005 Mustang GT is still my favorite. Sure the other hot versions are cool, but at some point, like the Porsche 911 it becomes a bit too much. In the end, this is what you want:

22 Likes

Would love to see a 2008 mustang gt come to the game

3 Likes

I would love to see the 07 mustang gt in forza horizon as a normal car to customize, this car has a cult following and has popular demand due to it’s
the one that has styling cues from classic mustang designs.

7 Likes

Mustang V6 Coupe:

Mustang V6 Convertible:

Mustang Coupe:

Mustang Liftback:

Mustang Convertible:

Mustang Bullitt:

Mustang GT Coupe:

Mustang GT Liftback:

Mustang GT-CS Coupe:

Mustang GT-CS Convertible:

Mustang GT300 Liftback:

Mustang GT300 Convertible:

Mustang GT Boss Convertible:

Saleen Mustang:

17 Likes

I loved this car in FH1, it would be great to have it back again in FH5 !

18 Likes

Year 2011-2012, body type (with grill fog lights)

6 Likes

One of the cars that should’ve come back in the Horizon 10th Anniversary update. Still hoping we’ll see it come back in a future update, especially since the FM4/FH1 model is ready to be retextured.

15 Likes

If the '05-'09 Mustang GT doesn’t make it into Horizon, the GT500 definitely should.

9 Likes

I know we have a loads of different Mustangs (maybe way to many) but if I could add the last one (from previous generations) I’d take 2008 Shelby GT500KR from NBC’s Knight Rider

02ce0022b7ba80cac8a483e1a21b58d3|333x500

1 Like

100% this should have been in the anniversary update, hope we get it soon

5 Likes

2010 - 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake 750 Horsepower
_MG_3774

_MG_3744

_MG_3706

5 Likes

I’m worried why the '07 Shelby GT500 is only available in Forza Motorsport. Since it’s a road car, it should definitely join Forza Horizon sooner.

I know that I got behind the wheel of the 2013 one, so it’s time to have the 2007 Shelby Mustang enter the world of Horizon. PGG must note about this.

19 Likes

My absolute favorite car to ever come through the Horizon games. I was really hoping that we’d see it make a return for the 10th anniversary update, and again for FORDzathon this month. Was sad to see a couple of MG and Renaults instead of some unique new Ford models! I know Ford has a STRONG presence in Forza, but there’s a good reason and cars like this Boss 302 represent a more “attainable” model (more closely resembles the standard GT than a Shelby does) and a more usable powerplant than the 660hp Shelby GT500.
As a general note for the overall state of the game, I’d love to see more low-trim level cars in these games, cars that more accurately represent what the playerbase is able to own. Sure, we love ripping around in dream machines, but we also enjoy cars that more closely represent cars that we own. Going along with that point, it’s also much easier to upgrade a low(er)-horsepower car to match the performance of a car like the Shelby GT500, but it’s impossible within the game’s mechanics dumb down a 660hp car like the Shelby. You’re just stuck at that high level of performance with nowhere to go but up.

9 Likes

GT500:

GT500KR:

10 Likes