Filter or separate Rivals Leaderboards per car model

So back in FM 6 there were class leaderboards in rivals and class leaderboards for times that were set in online (public/private) lobbies. Now in FM 7 these were all put in one giant leaderboard making it so one can’t see what time they did in a lower class.

Now, obviously Rivals (hot laps) are different from lobby times, especially with the dynamic weather we’re getting in the new game.

What I’d like to see (and this is relatively easy to implement) is the return of separate leaderboards per class, with the addition of a new filter; all of the cars that have done a lap on a track will show the best lap time. This way a player can easily see how well a car performs on what track.

To re-iterate:
Leaderboards per class for times set in Rivals
Leaderboards per class for times set in lobbies (multiplayer/single player)

Filters for leaderboards:

• World
  • Continent/Region
  • Country (new)
  • Near me
  • Friends
  • Hardcore
  • Cars of said class that set laps on track (new)

Personally I’d love to see a lap time per different build of a car as well but that might be a bit much to ask, however I made a small app for my personal use to keep track of that data, so it shouldn’t be that hard :wink:

In the rivals leaderboards, could we please have a ‘same car’ filter. This would give the option of a whole load of ‘bests’ to go for despite which cars are quickest at any particular track.

This would help so much to improve fast driving as we can use some higher player as reference.

I agree this would be really nice to have, but I am guessing that the reason they don’t do it is it potentially increases the amount of data storage needed by a large factor. Instead of storing one replay per player per leaderboard they potentially have to store hundreds of replays per player per leaderboard, though in practice not many players will put in performances with huge numbers of different cars on lots of leaderboards.

Yes please this would be a nice update. The times alone would be great, the ghosts even greater.

Playing rivals it would be nice to be able to filter the leaderboards by vehicle. Other filter options would be nice too.

Literally right now, setting laps in Practice has made me think of this specific Leaderboard filter. So glad I’m not the only person that would love to see this. In its current state, I don’t exactly enjoy Rivals knowing that my car is not competitive, but if I could filter just times made with the same car as mine, I would be very much incentivized to create tunes that would get me the best lap time.
On top of this, there should be another filter for [Player car, no upgrades], so people leveling their cars in Rivals would have another reason to use that mode. Really, this filter could make more people just “play the game” to Level up their cars.
One big issue I can see with this, though, is that it would probably take up lots of resources to save so many times in so many cars. Currently the Leaderboards just have to save a single lap time, but if this filter was to exist, the amount of times that have to be saved would probably even exceed saving lap times from Singleplayer races, as was the case in previous Forza games. And of course, the game would need to have the whole list of cars that could fit in a certain Class, either downgraded (eg. M4 F82 GTS in A class, stock is S 707) or severely upgraded (eg. RX-7 SA/FB in classes beyond E). Or you’d have to be sitting in the car that you want to see in those Leaderboards. Turns out it’s much more difficult than I thought, and probably why it hasn’t been implemented yet.

Would love the ability to filter the Rival’s open time attack top scores leaderboard by car model.
Even it’s restricted to only the car I used for my fastest time.

With a dev focus on a “relationship with a car” it makes sense to see how that my time with that car stacked up with other players in the same model.

Also the ability to delete my fastest time.

1 Like

Turn10 for the love of god… give us something to do and let us search Leaderboards by Make and Model.

And give us multiplayer leaderboards and stats.

I’m so bored.