FH5 Hot Wheels launch livestream, multiplayer, and prizes | July 19

Tune in Tuesday, July 19, 2022 5:00 PM for our Hot Wheels expansion livestream - live from the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles.

Viewers on our Twitch channel will have a chance to win exclusive prizes, and we’ll be hosting gameplay with players who have the expansion - be sure to download the content update when it releases at 10am Pacific (UTC-7).

5 Likes

Okay so the stream will be live just as the expansion goes live globally. I suppose I can multitask but I was hoping for a preview of the first few chapters before the release. At least going live at 9.

I cant wait to see how many people show up.

2 Likes

I’ll be in bed sleeping unless the prizes are epic. What’s on offer?

Hope no bugs show up during their livestream. /s

2 Likes

The prizes are a glitch free experience

2 Likes

Forza Monthly on Monday! Man yall had me worried! Now the Tuesday stream makes a little more sense.

Speaking of bugs and glitches. I don’t anticipate there to be any major bugs at launch outside of a few achievements/accolades not working correctly. They have no excuses at this stage given the long delay.

I do think people will encounter issues connecting to Horizon Online as recently even I have started to encounter these on XSX and my connection is super fast and stable.

I also suspect PC users to complain cause nothing seems to work for those poor souls.

That aside, should be great!

Let me get this straight:
There is a livestream of the expansion at the same time as the launch… so people can watch other people play the expansion instead of playing it themselves.
While I am not of a generation that will ever get this, I know this is a thing.

However, if people who bought the expansion want to play it themselves they miss out on the chance to win exclusive prizes. So basically people are given more incentives to watch other people play the expansion than to play it themselves.

I know these things are being invented by marketing teams and, even worse, these tactics probably work, but ehhh…

Wow.

11 Likes

I don’t see any issues here. It’s just like a launch party where you can chime into the official stream if you care to or you can just go at it alone. I actually think it’s great in the sense that no one will spoil anything for me and that I will get to experience it all on my own for the first time.

1 Like

Are they exclusive in game prizes or just t shirts and stuff?

I would have a countdown to expansion party instead.

1 Like

If PGG hosted a countdown party…

6 Likes

Unless you want a chance to win exclusive prices :grimacing:

I think that the “prizes” will be nothing more than free codes for the expansion. Probably worthy of tuning in for some players, but rather useless for those of us who will already be playing or downloading it when the stream is live.

Is it actually coming out the 19th

Not of this generation either.
But I am of the generation that bought complete, tested, working games.
Honestly as buggy and broken as games are now and being uninterested in toy cars, I think I might prefer to watch someone else than to have to play it myself.
Not gonna happen either way though!

4 Likes

Check out our travel preparations!

1 Like

Who here is going to play as soon as the expansion goes live and are you going to bother watching the live stream?