FH5 complete application of the convertible bug fix

I would love to see the devs actually keep their word and finish applying the convertible bug fix to the two Miatas, the two S2000’s, and the MB SLK. One of the devs responded to a question about this in one of the podcasts and he categorically said YES, they would apply the fix to the rest of those cars, yet the problem appears on the “won’t fix” section of the known issues list. I don’t appreciate being lied to, especially after spending so much money on this game. If they won’t finish applying the fix, the least they can do is tell us why.

There is a thread about this in the main forum, and I have submitted more than a few support tickets, so this is the last thing I can try. If enough of us complain, then maybe something might be done. I’m not hopeful, though.

Here is some additional information, plus another car to add to the list. I mentioned before that the devs said they would finish apply this bug fix, but I didn’t have specifics. In the “Let’s Go!” series 4 update, around the 46 minute mark, Mike Brown answers a question about the convertibles and states that yes, they will be adding more in addition to fixing the existing cars. In the “Let’s Go!” series 5 update, at about 49:30 minutes, Chris Phillips says that yes, they will be fixing the rest of the convertibles (the S2000 and MX-5 Miata were both mentioned specifically). These podcasts were broadcast in believe in February and March of this year (2022). The convertible bug was added to the “won’t fix” segment of the known issues page on Jan 10, 2022…a full month BEFORE the devs said they would fix the problem.

I know that this convertible problem isn’t high on many player’s list of things to fix, but the devs said they would fix it. They should at least move it off of the “won’t fix” list or give us some indication that they will, in fact, keep their word and fix the problem on ALL of the convertibles with working tops.

As of today, the cars that still need the fix are the following…
2013 Mazda MX-5
2009 Honda S2000 CR
2003 Honda S2000
2012 M-B SLK 55 AMG
1960 Porsche 356 C Cabriolet Emory Special

All of these cars are confirmed to have a functioning convertible top by seeing it work in Forzavista and/or seeing the left stick HUD trying to load in freeroam.

I have filed multiple support tickets, commented in two separate threads in the main forum, and created this thread here in the suggestions section. The devs have promised us working convertibles for FH5, and publicly said they would fix it, so they need to keep their word and do what they said they would do.

2 Likes

Yeah, convertible feels like a half-baked feature that had great potential but was quickly abandoned by PGG. There are many more cars with detachable roof in ForzaVista that should use it…

2 Likes

I find it interesting that no one has said anything about this in the intervening months since that stream, it makes you wonder if they thought that the resources dedicated to fixing up those convertibles would be better spent elsewhere (Likely not, considering that this would just be laying more of the groundwork for FH6 while that’s in development)