Festival Playlist events and rewards Jul. 28 - Aug. 4 (Autumn S10)

I don’t play MP very often, so my account is XBL Silver and when I play MP I use my PC.
As such, this week’s playlist was very stressful for me to play on the console.
Massive amounts of traffic, and most of all, the drivatars running amok as if they were enjoying a demolition derby in Guanajuato.
How many times did I use Rewind to avoid their unpredictable hoonings?
Had I known in advance that many of this week’s challenges would be held in Guanajuato, I would have played these challenges on my PC, even if I had to wait for data sync.

I wish there was an option to turn off drivatars in freeroam.

Rammers I think were the large Tanks that the Ai were driving.

I can’t say I’ve noticed a difference in the quality of driving from Humans or drivatars. It seems Guanajuato races are a bit worse. The nice thing now is that I can just let the rammers go and still get the trial win. Just my opinion but it’s a lot better than getting rammed and having to do it all over.

Edit: part of the reason I became more interested in the playground games is that they are supposed to be a contact sport. I’m not a fan of the same game repeated but at least they’re an option this week.

1 Like

It’s the tracks they choose. Hit wall go straight. Hit wall go straight. There should not be tracks like that in the trial. City tracks are the worst in this game. That’s all they were doing except for me. Rammed a zillion times cause I’m the only actually slowing down for turns.

4 Likes

Everything completed apart from the drift zone & the speed zone.
Any suggestions to complete the two please ?

Speed zone I used a Mustang S5 with my road tune that I used in this trial and one a bit ago. I made it in the rain with a couple of mph to spare but I’m sure there are stronger cars for it.

The drift zone I just used a stock 777 Corvette though I think any of the drift cars would be ok. Otherwise a Hoonicorn or Hoonitruck would probably be a good option.

1 Like

I used the stock #777 Nissan 240SX Formula Drift (RWD) with auto gears & TC on, managed to get that one done without much problem. I was expecting it to be a pain as it’s on dirt, but surprised it went down on 1st run.

Speed Zone I used the Audi TT RS 2018 (A800, default tuning).

HTH

1 Like

This must have been the first time I completed a treasure hunt by accident.
I was trying to get the 5 speed skills in the Jaguar when all of a sudden the treasure hunt message popped up…

5 Likes

Thanks WB42… the 777 Corvette is my ‘#1 drift vehicle of choice’. Good call. Thank you for the tip.

1 Like

Cheers D.A. Any drift car with a ‘777’ seems to be a godsend. ;o)

2 Likes

Extreme E Energy Prix I | Cross Country | (A800) Extreme E

My new favourite race in the game is the first one. Very short, and you have to overtake 8 of the ramming and cheating A.I. to win the race. In only 1 Round.

I dont get the sometimes so different difficulty, did you playtest this? I mean, difficulty from races seem
like 1 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 12000 - 1 - 2 - 1 … you sometimes get spikes I just dont understand. Sure I can win if I drive really hard, and ram into the A.I. drivers to get into the corners better, but it is really bad design if you are forced to do so to win a race.

EDIT: 2nd race in the tournament is no better, maybe even worse because A.I. ignoring slowdowns of bowling pins…

3 Likes

Absolutely spot on. I am not a fan of the “Anything Goes” being used in the Trial as well. All it does is bring out the worst players in overpowered no grip cars who bash and ram their way through. Is worse when they choose the Boneshaker and can’t drive it for the life of them but proceed to go full tilt into the corners ruining everyones lines and positions.

This is one of those season trials i will not be revisiting.

1 Like

That’s how I started to feel about FH2 when trying to clear out all its race categories. Don’t remember if I actually finished that.

And also FH3 with having to do championships starting from each event in order to get them marked as gold/done.

Neither of which seemed as arduous as trying to get a check on each event of FH4’s Grid Of Doom.

1 Like

I was about to come in here and complain about how I’m supposed to beat the unfair AI with only one lap on 2 circuits.

Then I downloaded a tune, and it was a breeze.

Turns out I can still do Cross Country. I just suck at tuning, apparently.

1 Like

Last week and this week I had rammers in every Trial. Today I stayed back a little at the start watching teammates in 2nd and 3rd fighting it out and slowing each other down. Once the both went out of control, I just zipped on by.

Thankfully, the Bone Crusher that was in my lobby this morning dropped out at the very start of the first race.

Absolutely hated the main seasonal championships. One lap was too long of a drive in the Extreme E but a pain to get up to the leaders when the other AI around you turn into you unnecessarily.

My Internet connection went down when joining the Tour (fiber cuts are not uncommon and it’s still down 11 hours later) so I had to hotspot my phone to do the Tour, Eliminator, Team King, and Hot Wheels events.

1 Like

You didn’t have to complete them.

Not having custom championships in FH5 is a gross oversight and severely undercuts the game as an open world racing game.

I agree that they shouldn’t be a completion goal but is it really a balanced approach to consider the removal of a feature some people found essential a good thing just because you didn’t like the visual effect it made on the map?

I mean I hate the eliminator with a mad passion, but I don’t want it removed from the game just because there are accolades associated with it.

1 Like

I didn’t say you had to complete them, but rather that you did have to do the championships to get them marked AS complete. I was personally compelled to, and often have been compelled to complete things in various games. But there’s been so much of the tedious completion checklists in games that I’ve found it less and less compelling over the years. Now I’m less likely to doggedly push on with tasks I find tedious just to complete a list of things - even if there’s a reward at the end.

Let me guess, the first event lab post expac release doesn’t showcase the new pieces. Am I right or wrong?

It’s the same tracks they choose. Over and over and over again. There are more tracks available than the ones we always end up in the champ races with. For crying sack PGG use a little imagination.

2 Likes

For any non drifters out there:

S1 - 1989 Formula Drift #98 BMW 325I
Tune: Seasonal Drift Ez
Tuner: COMoonStars11