Expansion 2: Rally Adventure reveal Feb. 23

I’ve pre-ordered every premium/ultimate/complete FH bundle since they became avail. The lack of online multiplayer lobbies on Fortune Island in FH4, small recycled Hot Wheels Exp 1 in FH5, no expansion of livery or tunes save slots from FH4, unmet content/QoL/added or enhanced feature promises coupled with the lengthy, silent wait of over a year for the 2nd expansion has done it for me.

I will still purchase & play in the future , if FH is good enough, but I’m squarely on the no more FH pre-orders train coupled with a wait & see approach for any DLC moving forward.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice…

6 Likes

I’m cool with a longer wait if it comes with an increase in the size and quality of the expansion.

I have no doubt they’re capable of making this expansion bigger than any previous, they already proved they could with Hot Wheels. With the progressively deteriorating direction of the franchise I have no faith in the quality of the expansion or that it will serve a racing game whatsoever.

Sure Mike Brown is gone now, and he was likely (but not necessarily) the source of that deterioration, but he still would have had a heavy influence on the second expansion.

I am honest to goodness hoping that they just went back to basics and made another bad weather island. Fortune Island was amazing, and contained the best tracks in FH4. They’ve proven that they can make a great racing game, they just ignore that and pursue things like terrible one shot stories that are actually advertisements in disguise while racing features get ignored, marginalized, and stripped away.

6 Likes

That’s it, it’s a dirt/Baja/off-road expansion

5 Likes

Or a mix with a city if there’s a new map

Excuse me while I go cry. I like dirt and off-road, but honestly they kind of suck in this game. Dirt feels disingenuous because grip racing is still faster than drift racing on loose surfaces in this game, and off-road is just arcade nonsense with none of the elements that make offroading actually interesting.

Also I’m already sick of the OP off-road tires. I don’t want to spend an entire expansion in them.

Well there is still a glimmer of hope. Hopefully an off-road/dirt theme doesn’t mean exclusive and there will be some road and street racing. I really don’t think this game needed more desert though.

7 Likes

I think they would tease the city if that’s the case…but we’ll see.

3 Likes

I like it too, but it’s low danger considering the surface feels the same…no penalties for going off dirt road. You can just fly thru the races.

1 Like

Well if we have a new map like fortune island etc… it’s completely possible to have desert and a new city

1 Like

I still think Fast X would be fun tie in. It’s in South America/Central America. Drag would fit, but other stuff works too. FH2 expansion was fun imo.
Makes some sense, but that is not always a presumption.

Not too bad, though I did start WRC 10 yesterday which will be more than enough off road stuff for me if I was being purely personal.

Long as it’s more focused on driving/racing over cheap + shallow spectacle I’ll ignore the majority of my brain + hold on to that tiny bit containing the hope that it will be worth the wait.

2 Likes

It’s not LEGO, thank God! And it seems this time we won’t have to complain that the map is too flat :grin:

As for other impressions, I’ll wait for details until Thursday.

3 Likes

I wished we got a road/street based expansion but i guess this works as well if executed properly. But judging by the map it might be just as dead and empty as the base map of Mexico.
Cmon PG we need a more densly packed map for once! Im tired of driving in this flat land of nothing.

And we wont have to wait long to see a trailer thats good. Im hoping its atleast somewhat good of an expansion but my inner demons are casting doubt upon me.

My expectations towards the game end with this expansion release. I’ll try my best not to preorder unreleased content in the future

3 Likes

A dirty (rally) expansion doesn’t surprise me. In fact, I’m glad it actually has a semi-realistic theme given the Mexican, Baja setting

Yes, the off road racing is not Dirt Rally 2.0 level of sim, but some of the most fun races I used to have were on the Gauntlet, with full rain at night. This is the kind of stuff Horizon actually excels at if you aren’t taking it too seriously.

I wonder if they’re going to take any inspirations from The Dakar Rally, where you have to figure out where to race instead of it just being dirt courses, or trails? Probably asking too much from them, but it would be nice to add some kind of depth to the racing that goes beyond just tuning.

1 Like

throwback to the FH1 rally expansion?

1 Like

I do feel like there is kind of a domino effect going on with my disappointment with this tease, and maybe I’m not giving it a fair shake and judging it before it has a chance.

It’s just… What’s the point of a dirt expansion when the balance on dirt is completely broken thanks to off-road tires? Right? I hate driving on off-road tires but they are undeniably way way way too good for the PI they cost. Completely sucks the excitement out for me.

It’s not just that, it’s that there are all of these fundamental issues with the game that will sour something like this. Like the fact that the AI cheating is so much worse on loose surfaces, or the fact that they pretty much killed RWD rally in this game.

So maybe my negative reaction is too harsh if you look at the expansion in isolation of the issues plaguing the base game. I just can’t see myself looking past those issues.

1 Like

The next big thing from the Horizon Festival in Mexico is ready to be revealed! Tune in this Thursday Feb. 23rd for ALL the details.

Twitch Thursday, February 23, 2023 5:00 PM

12 Likes

yes! We all have waited so long for that! :heart_eyes:

Please make it worth the wait.

2 Likes

Im thinking power wheels barbie expansion.

Not a brick in sight :heart_eyes:

7 Likes