Expansion 2: Rally Adventure reveal Feb. 23

Were there any new props added in the Event Lab before the Hot Wheels expansion was released?

This is the main bit thatā€™s irritating me with it, a long wait will be fine if itā€™s substantial + has staying power but you just know that wonā€™t be the case.

For comparison Borderlands does something similar with itā€™s proper expansions being in places separate from the main game, new areas, new enemies, new bosses, their own stories etc, both BL1 + 2 had their original 4 expansions released in less time than this.

Tiny Tinaā€™s Assault On Dragon Keep for BL2 in particular is substantial enough to be itā€™s own game, was so well received that they did go and release it as a separate title before TTā€™s Wonderlands release, a game which itself was only created because of how much AODK was loved by the community.

The devs created that, 3 other substantial DLCā€™s and multiple smaller ones with their own maps in less time than itā€™s taken a first party game to get a 2nd expansion after a shallow first one that only took a handful of hours to 100%.

If this is what progress looks like then I have clearly had the completely wrong concept of it my whole life.

10 Likes

FH5 came out in November 2021 so Q4 2023 would be two years?

Iā€™m guessing the reference is to how far back such would push FH6 releasing. Leaving FH5 to carry the ball until then. Frankly I donā€™t think FH6 is going to be a thing even if or when it actually happens. Not for me and many others anyway.

3 Likes

Oh I see, I did wonder if my reading comprehension was letting me down.

FH6? If it happens, it would have to be an absolute rebuild from the ground up in game design and structure. Nothing from thr old horizons cut and pasted. And a lot hinges on Motorsport and GT7 and the probability of GT8.

2 Likes

They way Polyphony works, you might not see a new GT release for a while. They are still milking GT7 for what itā€™s worth.

You mean like the way T10 and Microsoft are milkingā€¦ whatever theyā€™re milking?

At least GT7 is still producing milk.

9 Likes

:cow2::cowboy_hat_face:

Yea, but to get that real ā€œpremiumā€ milk, you either gotta milk the cow yourself (grind) or pay extra at the grocery store (MTX).

3 Likes

Eh, for the time being, Iā€™ve seen way worse grinds. The gameā€™s paying out enough credits for me that Iā€™m not exactly hurting for money, and Iā€™m spending it wisely and not like a drunken sailor on car collection.

Doesnā€™t matter to me anyway, right now I canā€™t afford milk. Saving my milk money to see how the new cow looks.

4 Likes

Theyā€™re not from around here.

3 Likes

Donā€™t try milking that oneā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah! That might be the problem with T10. They got the wrong kind of cattle!

:cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2:

3 Likes

And what milk is that? 3 cars, 5 singleplayer races and 2 Scapes every month (except January), as well as biweekly time trials :smiley:

Iā€™m quite optimistic about the Forza series when I compare it to Gran Turismo. At least we still have official forum and ANY communication from the devs :stuck_out_tongue:

https://twitter.com/NTFCNathan/status/1618688899391561728

2 Likes

I donā€™t know, just the getting new SP races part puts it above what FH has got 95% of the time for the past 2 games for me.

Even 100 new cars in 1 update for me wouldnā€™t change much when Iā€™ll only end up taking them on Descansar Dorado or El Pipila for the millionth time.

Thatā€™s why I appreciated the midnight battles so much, new routes, new corners to learn, different cars than the usual predictable stuff can become viable options etc, why they donā€™t have D + C class in Rivals though I donā€™t know, and it would have been nice to see them integrated into seasonals/Tour/Open too rather than just single races + B class and above Rivals.

4 Likes

Well, additional singleplayer races sound nice until you realize that you could make them yourself in Custom Race mode in 10 seconds, but laughably low payouts (significantly lower than in GT Sport) for wins discourage you. So players wait for drip-fed races from Polyphony Digital with decent rewardsā€¦ even if nearly all of those races use the despised and obsolete ā€œchase-the-rabbitā€ formula (you start last, the leader is 30+ sec ahead and usually you have 3 laps to chase him down; itā€™s not much of actual raceā€¦ and the entire career mode is built around this schema :smiley: ).

Anyway, I agree that Forza Horizon desperately need new routes for races, Iā€™ve almost stopped completing Seasonal Championships because of repetitiveness (as well as very poor AI). And I appreciated Midnight Battles for that reason too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

People like you are why Iā€™m probably gonna quit. Itā€™s a painful drip feed and you can throw whatever numbers you like at me. This was a re-heated game with a painful lack of actually new content. Youā€™re actually reaching.

Why? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Frankly, Iā€™m not sure if I understand what you mean but please, donā€™t quit because of me :sweat_smile: