Event Lab - Event that's published is automatically set to last 5 minutes bug (3926554)

Any Playground Games event that’s published is automatically set to last 5 minutes, despite changing the event’s duration in the custom settings.

Bug Info: When the creator of a Playground Games event in a convoy starts any event from ‘My Local Events’ tab, assuming they are starting it from any Playground Games marker location on the map, upon loading into the event, the duration is set to what the creator set it to in the custom settings of that event before publishing it.

But when the creator starts any Playground Games event from ‘My Shared Events’ tab, upon loading into the event, the duration is set to 5 minutes, despite the fact that the creator set the duration to be longer or shorter than 5 minutes in the custom settings of that event before publishing it.

So when anyone in a convoy starts any Playground Games event from any of these tabs: ‘My Shared Events’, ‘All Time Greats’, ‘New’, ‘Friends And Followed’ or ‘My History’, the duration of that event is 5 minutes, as any events that are and were published are automatically set to last 5 minutes, despite the fact that the creator of an event set the duration to be longer or shorter than 5 minutes in the custom settings before publishing it.

This bug doesn’t occur when publishing Event Lab blueprints (not Playground Games’ modes’ blueprints) in the Playground Games’ markers’ locations.

Reproduction steps:

• Drive or fast travel to any Playground Games marker on the map and press ‘Enter Event’.
  • Select any Playground Games mode.
  • Select ‘Create Playground Games - Set Up A New Event’.
  • Select any car theme and class.
  • Select ‘Event Settings’ and set the duration to any that isn’t 5 minutes.
  • Publish the event.
  • Switch from ‘My Local Events’ tab to ‘My Shared Events’ tab and press ‘View Event Information’.

Attempted fixes: Editing the blueprint of any Playground Games event by changing the duration in the custom settings and republishing the event doesn’t fix this bug.

Platform: Applies to any platform

Also don’t see any downsides in adding the ability to save multiple blueprints at the same time

7 Likes

Hopefully fixed soon

5 Likes

Hopefully it this gets reviewed

2 Likes

And while they’re at it, adding longer times would be nice - say up-to 30 minutes instead of just 10 would make certain events far more enjoyable.

2 Likes

they should fix every prob, example like this one

3 Likes

Hello,

We are closing out this issue. The developers have noted this issue as Fixed

Thank you,

3 Likes