Drivatar varied driving patterns

I think for the next FH title it would make sense to finally have good enemy drivatars. They should be redesigned completely, as right now they all only follow the racing line religiously and will do anything to be on that line and they all drive like it’s a convoy, especially if the first one crashes they even make a traffic jam in the middle of a race! That’s no fun racing like this and is boring. The idea of drivatars as I understand was to mimic your friends or online players and their styles, just like online rivals from leaderboards, they should have unique styles (drift or grip), make mistakes, use different lines etc. Right now they don’t do any of that, I don’t think that technologically this would be too hard to implement either as we basically already have such system in rivals events. This would create more immersive and replayable races with different outcomes each time. It’s surprising how all this time in 5 titles, this area wasn’t touched and updated since first Forza Horizon

Yes I realized after writing this suggestion that new FM might have solved drivatar unrealistic driving, but we still have to see how it ends up

Great I thought I might have been the only one who wants to have an even more realistic and immersive races and when drivatars “cheat” by just being faster rather than doing some real life racing techniques, it ruins the mood for me at least

yeah I’ve been doing that already, even the unbeatable difficulty or one level below that doesn’t give me any challenge anymore, so I just drive for my own satisfaction or do some challenge, like driving worse car than drivatars or giving them head start and only then start to race and catch up to them and still win

The computer is “perfect” when it comes to racing.

and that’s the problem in real life people spin out, lock up brakes and overshoot the corner therefore missing the apex, crash etc etc this doesn’t happen with npcs as they are sticking to their driving line no matter what, this can be proven when racing on custom event which has custom route they will even go off the map if the line tells them to instead of going the route which player would chose

1 Like

Very true.