Drift Story - kick in the teeth for non-drifters

I’m usually horrible at drifting, but it is really easy to three star all of these. In the time it took to argue about not being able to drift in this thread you could have done it even not being able to drift very well. Just take off all assists, switch to manual and stay in third gear (usually). I’ve gone from not being able to drift at all to actually enjoying it. Still not the best but still managed to get way over the points needed to three star each chapter.

1 Like

Accidently agreed :wink: I was under the impression (Dave corrected that) the car needed 18 Stars to get, like the challenge says. Wrong apparently. Unless they jump all over that goof because it sounds like something they would prioritize…

"OMG ! People are getting the car too easy because we goofed ! EMERGENCY PATCH ! EMERGENCY PATCH ! EMERGENCY PATCH ! "

Clearly not as bad as me - I do use manual and take off all assists (except STM which just makes things worse) - still rubbish at it though.

:+1:

1 Like

It doesn’t need to be completed in the first week. it is a monthly challenge. Complete it in week 3 and you should get the points.

1 Like

Keep practicing. I thought exactly the way you do about the drift aspect of the game but eventually got the hang of it (sort of). Now I semi enjoy it for the most part which I never thought I would.

2 Likes

Thanks but been practicing all through FH3 and FH4.
Guess some of just aren’t drifters.

1 Like

Wait, you have brake assist turned on but ABS off?? Try switching those around so the game doesn’t interfere with braking when you don’t want to.

Anti-lock off, that’s the worst thing you can do.

ABS on
Assisted Braking off.

You can leave antilock off but only if you’re good enough at it. For beginners I would recommend to leave it on. Turning it off can have its benefits

1 Like

I prefer ABS off. I have found I can score about 25% more on any asphalt drift zone that way.

Confused - only one Braking Option - Braking , Anti-Lock Off - what’s Brake Assist ? What am I missing ?
Thought they were all in the same option , Assisted, Anti-Lock on or Anti-Lock off.

Well you already have a hand brake if you want to lock your wheels. I don’t need two handbrakes.

Still confused.
There’s only only one braking choice on the menu.
Braking - Assisted, Anti-Lock on or Anti-Lock off - all in one selection.
Can’t see how you turn ABS on but turn Assisted Braking Off.
It’s all the one thing in my menu.

What works for you is good for you, but in December I did some tests in the FD Viper across 5 drift zones. Did each zone 10 times changing ABS on and off between each attempt. While I long since deleted the spreadsheet, the results for ABS off were statistically better than with ABS on. May just be my own braking technique. But I say for the player who is trying to figure out drifting, try both settings and they may get better results with one over the other.

1 Like

ABS will generally straighten a car if used while drifting so I would leave it off for the story.

sorry but was just confused by this statement.
Seems to indicate two settings to change when they all seen to be inside the one setting change.

Same with the other comment
“Wait, you have brake assist turned on but ABS off?? Try switching those around so the game doesn’t interfere with braking when you don’t want to.”
Was that just use in the same setting option ?

Well you used two braking comments in your own post.

Just a yes or no - are we talking about the one setting but just using Anti-Lock off over assisted option ?

It’s one setting.