CUPRA Formentor VZ5 & Tavascan Concept

Yeah. I want to be positive about these cool new EV cars, but its an inherent performance issue that will keep being mentioned unless it’s addressed. :man_shrugging:

I think it’s a fair point.

But it rather replicates real life quite well in this scenario – the Tavascan is an abhorrent smoocher of pickles in terms of performance, it has acceptable punch until about 75mph then falls flat on its face, but then again, it’s an SUV with only 340hp!

I still laugh at the concept that you can “swap,” electric motors and batteries given car companies won’t even sell you new batteries outside of them being in a whole new car, unless your connections run deep lol

2 Likes

This is a videogame where you can already buy infinite TVR Speed 12’s, to be fair.

Not a biggie with this car, so much. Just a less interesting addition as a result. The other one is nice.

Yep. I’m not negative against EVs but it’s a real bummer that in this game environment nearly every addition is bottom tier performance.
It takes a lot of fun out of these vehicles for me.

At this point I refuse to believe the dev team hasn’t noticed this as well.
The Rimac Concept Two showed manual altering can be done. Thus, I will bring it up with every new addition.

The Formentor is fun to drive but could’ve profited from an engine swap as well. It has to compete with SUVs that use the 5.2L V10 or even the meta Viper V10.
An uphill battle with its 5 zylinder.

2 Likes

@T10ManteoMax please would you guys discuss the method of delivery of these gifts, I nearly deleted the message; yes, I was stopped by the “are you sure?” message but I often click the messages so fast there was a chance of it going, my fingers were on the way to the button

I mean, if there are 20 gift messages I might delete without even looking, reminds me of the pay things in H4 where I deleted them for months before I found out the credits needed to be downloaded

5 Likes

So these 2 cars are Gift only and can appear in Festival Playlist rewards. I cannot buy a second one from Autoshow?

I’ve not looked at that; go into car collection and click on the car, it’ll say what the options are (Xbox controller is Y to buy from autoshow); currently blowing up tanks so can’t do it.

“ The two CUPRA cars will be gifted to everyone who plays Forza Horizon 5 during the Explore the Horizon series. It can be redeemed by navigating to Pause > My Horizon > Message Center > Gifts from May 24 through June 22, 2023. In the following series, Upgrade Heroes (Series 22), the two cars will be added to the Autoshow. The other four cars are seasonal exclusive rewards, first available from the Series 21 Festival Playlists.”

4 Likes

So is there a way to 100% confirm or deny that the rest of the EV’s deployed in this game are not algorithmically based around the Concept Two’s PI algorithm?

To what end must people go to to just admit a car sucks and is not worth using, why do we need to make excuses and try to appropriate using it?

I know I quoted you, but don’t think I am singling you out or anything lol

2 Likes

I don’t think Cupra built the Tavascan for racing :grinning:
It is built for parents driving their kids to school and doing groceries afterwards. Or as a lease car for someone in middle management to commute with.
If any of these ‘missions’ were available (especially with environmentally aware kids) in Horizon, I think the car would get a lot of good rep.
340bhp seems more than enough for that, and the range is pretty decent too.

I personally enjoy the addition of cars that no one in their right mind would ever use for anything but commuting.

However, with the PI system flawed, you can now have situations where your daily driver is pitted against a well tuned race monster and the game considers that ‘fair’. This is when you start to feel your Tavascan sucks. But it doesn’t. It is just an unfair match.

4 Likes

Sounds like 9/10 EV’s in this game, that people believe are performance oriented vehicles lol

And 340hp is no slouch, ten years ago… but for an SUV of that size (weight is undetermined currently) I would say it is yearning for more power.

I think you’d find what stupid things people manage to put engines inside of to race one another quite amusing here in America – both dragstrip and track.

2 Likes

Which for me, if that is the case, begs the question as to why it’s here. When I do find time to play, it’s to escape the reality of just what you are describing. I fail to see the appeal of the “Grocery Haulers & Station Wagons” category, though I suppose it’s dovetails with turning your pickup into a mobile campsite…where camping is not an activity in the game.

3 Likes

BING BING BING!!! Been saying this for a while.

Exactly why I wish I had the ability to go through the wish list and downvote stupid choices… like the Tavascan.

But they probably could not get the Fermentor license on its own and they HAD to get the Tavascan with it…

2 Likes

Tavascan: 340bhp 0-100km/h 5.7s
BMW iX: 326bhp 0-100km/h 6.1s
Audi Q4 E-tron: 295bhp 0-100km/h 5.8s

Seems decent in the current ‘meta’.

Oh I know. I should have said “unaltered daily driver” I guess :slight_smile:

Because that is the fun of this game! At least for me it is. There are 700ish cars in the game. 700! The more variation the better. I have been a fan of using low/mid performance cars in car games since racing a stock Mazda Demio in Gran Turismo 1.
And this was the point I sort of tried to make: If PI wasn’t flawed, racing these daily drivers, even stock, would be more fun.

6 Likes

It’s usually after these speeds they tend to fall flat on their faces though due to size and shape.

I miss the old GT days, so I def know what you mean, there are some cars that are not fast or anything out of the ordinary, but are a blast to drive in a specific manner because it has personality to it, there is just zero personality in the Tavascan or most of the vehicles it shares a category with.

2 Likes
  1. Swap the Mission R drivetrain into the Tavascan to create a screaming Power Wheels car.
  2. Take your screaming Power Wheels car to 260 MPH on the highway.
  3. ???
  4. Profit
1 Like

Wait, I know this… Is Number 3, “Get Tinnitus?” It’s “Get Tinnitus,” right? lol

4 Likes

The Formentor is quite a competent drifter, I have the Tavascan configured for A-class cross country. It handles very well for that.

3 Likes

Yup, I actually have tinnitus and have found ways to reduce it or remove it completely at times, but when swapping the Tavascan and testing it, I immediately got a headache and my tinnitus got worse….not even joking.

OT: Ironically, i swapped back my Tavascan engine to the stock motor, added some aero and managed to go quicker in CC a class rivals than with the mission R motor. Stock motor seems to have more low end acceleration with gear tuning. Got it to 189 mph top speed, even with aero.

Tavascan was actually better than the Fermentor in A class CC overall with testing, but not by much. Like both but would be nice if they had tire size/rim size reduction options.

1 Like

The Fermentor V25 is really good A800 dirt racer with:

Wide off-road tires
Weight reduction
Camshaft OG engine
Rally suspension