Crash when exiting races (Update 8 & 9)

I was expecting a hotfix 9.1 to mitigate the crashes but guess I was wrong.

On Xbox Series X using the game pass edition with the purchased dlc my game crashes to desktop when leaving rivals. After the may update it began to lock up when leaving a rival event to return to the rival menu. It did this about 90 percent of the time. I uninstalled then rebooted and reinstalled the game. That pushed it up to crashing 100 percent of the time.

I bought the game shortly after Christmas so I missed most of the issues I read about that were occurring at launch. When I first started playing the game was pretty smooth. Never experienced any crashes during game play or in menu navigation. Just had a few crashes in the vinyl editor. Then they added the nordshleife, everything was still the same for the most part. Then I believe it was the update right after the nordschleife I started experiencing crashes very often when exiting a race to go back to the main menus. It happens very oftenā€¦ Iā€™d say atleast 50% of the time I exit a race/tuning session to go back to the man menus the loading icon in the bottom right stops spinning and I get sent back to the Xbox dashboard. System is a series X, havenā€™t changed anything with my system setting. Everything is the exact same as when I initially installed the game shortly after Christmas. Xbox OS and Motorsport are both up to date current versions. Guess Iā€™m wondering if anybody else has experienced this or if there is anything I can do to resolve or minimize these crashes cuz itā€™s really annoying. Also like to add that Iv been playing since FM1 and this iteration is by far the most problematic. Since FM1 till now Iv never experienced this kind of crashing this often.

1 Like

I reported this to their support, this is their response:

Forza Support Team (Forza Support)

Jul 2, 2024, 3:05 PM PDT

Hello,

Weā€™re looking into this issue for you and we have some troubleshooting and questions.

** Does this crash occur every time in the same way?*
** Would it be possible to provide a video of the crash in action so we can have more details about where and what you are doing in game before the crash.*

So, does anybody by any chance have a recording of the game crashing?

I have sent support multiple videos of it crashing. im sure many others have too.
I had to just laugh when they asked for a WER file and DxDiag from my console.

3 Likes

Itā€™s certainly NOT Fixed here, first practice then tried going back to the main menu and Crash

This is beyond a joke and just shows how pathetically Slow Turn10 are at fixing their product

Get the fomo done and forget about this junker

1 Like

Just shows how they treat everyone the same and donā€™t even bother to read what you posted.

If I let the game sit there doing nothing for around 5 minutes it might decide to work but most of the time it just freezes and back to desktop you go, the next update will mark 2 months of it happening.

Also the first track to load in takes a good 3 minutes, totally unacceptable in 2024

Yup, can confirm, crashing again.

Update, itā€™s now crashing going into loading the track!

Let it sit before for over 5 minutes when the normal crash happens and it finally came good, usually I have to windows key out, so left it this time and when I went to test a car in Rivals it went in alright, then I went back out to the Rivals screen where you select the class, picked B and went to load into the track and that same loading screen where it fails on the way out stuttered, the sound cut in and out and the pinwheel stopped, thought Iā€™ll leave it and see if it comes good and 3 seconds later Iā€™m looking at my desktop again, no end process or crash report sent to Microsoft, they must be as sick of me as I am of Turn10 right now

Another couple of days have passed since my last post and the issue is still an issue just with a few more votes

@T10ManteoMax can we expect this to be fixed with the next update or at least acknowledged by those at Turn10 in the know??

Another reply from Support regarding this issue:

ā€” cut ā€”

Forza Support Team (Forza Support)

Jul 5, 2024, 10:54 AM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to update us on this. I have sent your information over to our devs to investigate more.

Our teams are still investigating several issues around stability and performance. As a possible workaround, as our teams work on these issues, please try turning down or off some graphics settings. Please stay tuned to our socials for update news.

1 Like

Iā€™m still getting these issues when I continue or exit after receiving all payouts. I get two stutters on the spinning wheel save screen, and on the second stutter, it freezes and dumps me back to the dashboard.

Iā€™ve stopped playing Rivals as this happens every time I want to race another class or track.

Iā€™m on Xbox Series X.

Surprisingly, no other game I have has this issue.

2 Likes

What do we think the chances are of this being fixed in the next update?
I really hope they have this sorted, I have stopped playing for the time being and if its still happening come tuesday I will be done for good.
If only they would communicate more on these issues, I might have some optimism. But the fact support says they are still investigating the issue does not inspire confidence.

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth, I believe they said that they would be concentrating on fixing known issues in this next update.

Not holding my breath though to be honest.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t fixed in the last update so Iā€™m not holding my breath either, Iā€™ve just moved on to other games until itā€™s fixed, Iā€™d like to see someone from Turn10 actually acknowledge it tho, been happening since 16 May

Crashes to dash if you try to save a replay in Multiplayer or just crashes for no obvious reason.

Crashes when exiting Rivals.

Xbox Series X, ie Microsoftā€™s flagship game on the ā€˜most powerful consoleā€™.

1 Like

Soon they will have to add some CrashXP :smile:

I also have a lot of issues when returning to the main menu. As has been mentioned the spinning wheel stops spinning and Iā€™m back on the XBox main menu. Iā€™m using an XBox series X with Logitech peripherals so Iā€™ve no idea why this keeps happening.

Crashing at least once per day, right after quitting multiplayer

is this finally the fix?
ok