Contest Info & Feedback Opportunity

9 days ago the FM7 (45) livery contest closed, still no result…what’s happening?

I like the idea of only new designs being entered into Forza Horizon 4 contests, should encourage some new works to be submitted.

That being said it feels like there’s no way for an imported design to succeed in-game right now.

Based on my stats from Forza Motorsport 7, a Featured Design can get 10-30,000 downloads depending on the popularity of the car, whereas a non-Featured design will barely reach a few hundred without such a boost. There are many high quality designs that will be missed by Forza Horizon 4 players now that they don’t have a way to gain exposure, which makes me wonder if there should be some sort of way for imports to get featured as well.

Personally, I would be okay with entering an imported design into a contest with the sole purpose of getting it Featured in-game, while receiving no additional prizes in return. Maybe that’s something that could work; Featured + prizes if your design is new, Featured + no prizes if your design’s an import?

So what does the restriction on imported designs mean anyway?

I’m currently only painting in FM7 because I find the paint booth and tools to be better suited for me than those in FH4. Right now I’m working on 4 different liveries that I was planning on importing into FH4 and using in the Livery Contests. These are brand-new liveries, not even created yet, but I’m making them in FM7 and exporting to FH4 for ease of use. Does this disqualify me from the FH4 livery contests?

I think most of us have layer groups that we will be exporting into FH4 if we haven’t done so already. Are any designs using FM7 layer group disqualified from the contest?

Just wondering what the restrictions are exactly… no need for me to hustle to meet the deadline if I’m already disqualified.

Weren’t the week 2 winners supposed to be announced yesterday?

3 Likes

Yeah it’s nearly time for week 4 and no new comp or results lol. What’s going on?

Quite a few Turn 10 staff were in London this weekend for ForzaRC World Finals. Give it a few days and I bet things will be updated :slight_smile:

When is the next livery competition for fh4 going to be open for entry? :slight_smile:

Re-posting this from a contest thread. Just realized there was an actual place for my feedback

I don’t really know if there are new rulers/judges appointed for photo contests, but assuming that the OP is new(because of the new rules), I still feel that I need to suggest changes.

When I saw the last photocomp’s winners from the in-game “Turn 10 picks” gallery, I have almost lost complete interest to participate in future contests. There are few problems that bother me.

Firstly, when searching screenshots with the “photocomp1” as description, you can’t even see EVERYONE’S entry which is odd. For instance, I attempted to look up for my own entries and there were not in the list. It looks like there is a limit of how many screenshots you can see, which I think is unfair because obviously you can’t see everyone but additionally judges could have missed some really great entries.

Secondly, the shots from the winners… just don’t have the artistic flare I was expecting… Judging from what I saw, the shots are more in the realm of “stunts” or are themed as “awesome moment”: none of those entries were about professionalism, uniqueness or originality. Some have a bit of professionalism but for me there are not at the level as I was expecting, in contrast to last photocomps winners from past games. It sucks because when I was looking at some entries, I saw some shots with great potential but surprisingly they were not chosen.

So right now, I feel there is no point to take screenshots for competitions unless this is rectified. I really hope my reply will be considered.

2 Likes

This. It was actually quite disappointing looking at the turn 10 picks after seeing a much higher standard in the thread itself than the actual photos that were picked. I’m hoping the next winners will be rightly chosen for photo quality rather than these ‘awesome moments’ SlickRicki is talking about.

Plenty of time to see changes, but this was really quite confusing for me.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind the whole two week livery entry restriction among people. Prizes don’t really phase me.

I think you should include more contest variety. Themes would be very nice… or just more categorys so more people can win. Such as:

• Drift
  • Race
  • Rally
  • Fantasy

It would be cool if we got little bades displayed on our Creative hubs, like a little plaque with the contest number on it. Would be really cool.

Irrelevant to Contest:
Can clubs have a dedicated setting (Dedicated to painting… racing… photography) Where it shows their total paint downloads combined or photos, and total combined race wins. Would be cool.

Winners still haven’t been announced for week 2… It’ll really suck if the winners only have their work displayed for like 2 days because they’re running late.

2 Likes

The contests are great, even if you just browse for nice entries. Different themes every week would be a nice thing, to make more people do new and themed liveries instead if reposting one they made before.
And the announcements should be communicated. Do we need to look at twitter and/or forums every few hours for days to see the winners beeing published or is there a time schedule working when no RL Events are going on?

A new contest started 4 days ago but still there is not a Winners list for the previous one. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]!

It’s shameful, yes.

Kind of ridiculous lol. Also, “oppertunity” is spelled opportunity. This MOD is hilarious.

1 Like

She’s not a Moderator.

1 Like

Did I miss something? Oh yeah…the title…LOL

So whats up with this contest? It ended over a month ago and as far as I can see there’s still no results.
https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst131532_FORZA-HORIZON-3-LIVERY-CONTESTS---62.aspx

Horizon 4 Livery contest 2 ended a while ago. The winners were named eventually. Things that haven’t happened…

No prize money
No prize car received (Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe please!)
Livery not featured after purchasing car.

I’m not fussed about the third one any more (resigned to the fact painters are of secondary importance in this game), or really about the first. But the prize car requested is really rather expensive, so it’d be nice if it arrived at some point!

Don’t worry, it’s only been four days since I posted. No rush or anything!

1 Like

I really liked the scavenger hunt contests back in I believe Forza Horizon (FH1). It would be neat to see them make a comeback.