Contest Info & Feedback Opportunity

I love the livery comp set up , I don’t do them very often but I do like the fact even a novice painter can win it

I love the fact we can pick a hidden car to receive as a gift

I do think it would be good to be given set cars though each week you pick a selection of say 3 cars and we choose the one of 3 we want to paint and when and if we win that car and livery get gifted to the community for their bounty hunter winnings

If people want themed contests, maybe it could happen once or twice a month. Also the PMC community voting or judges on some shots could also be applied to having guest judges from time to time, who are professionals in the following careers:

*Professional Car and Magazine Photographers
*Modern Day Artists and Artists who gained fame in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.
*Film Cinematographers or Directors
*Concept Artists
*TV Actors or People who work on another area of TV series.

I agree with many comments here and think letting us have the opportunity to be a judge would be fantastic . I for one would love the opportunity to be able to judge as it would give me a greater feeling of accomplishment that just winning a photocomp. This weeks July car pack should be a forzatographers dream with the McLaren 720s and by the looks of things on the week in review the new 2018 Ferrari superfast.

For those forzatographers that want to win either their frist or next photocomp win here is my tip from experience. "BE BOLD BE DIFFERENT "but always remember to also keep the photography fundamentals and with this you should have a good chance at winning.

Thanks guys and thankyou to Co-Pilot for letting us forzatographers giving some feedback and some well needed positive change to the photocomps.

Nasser

If they want players to be judges after winning or from time to time, I think they might need to find a way to trim down what shots are looked at by the community judges. The problem with doing this is it can be a bit tricky, while looking through hundreds of shots is time consuming on the other hand. Now what do I think is a possible solution. If there is a shortlist process used by T10 to decide who makes it to round 1, then that could be used to come up with one possible solution.

The solution in my mind is this. The community judges get together in a discord chat and discuss the shortlist over 3 days to come up with their own shortlist. Once a shortlist has been drawn up, the judges can then start to draw up their own seprate shortlists, featuring their two favourites over 1-2 days. After the second shortlist process is over, the judges combine their picks for a final shortlist and then they decide what wins with a 1-2 day vote.

Right how such an idea be made fair. Well before the judges submit their suggestions for the final shortlist & voting process they will have to do one important thing. Make sure each shot is by a different person.

I will have to agree with the more seasoned painters here, reinstating the no back-to-back participation rule, giving winning liveries more exposure and giving out some awards more interesting than just a wad of credits and a choice of locked cars (which won’t be a viable option anymore after today’s update, as they will be available for everyone through the in-game dealer!) would go a long way to make participation in the contests more enticing.

Also, I remember back in the Xbox 360 days the Forza Idol competition saw a lot of involvment from the community (and is also, I believe, part of the reason Super Taikyu liveries are more popular here than everywhere else!). Likewise, themed photo contests organized by the various photo crews often drew in dozens of entries. Having similar competitions organized by T10 or by the Community managers could perhaps breathe some new life in the content creators subcommunity, with credits prizes and increased exposure encouraging the painters and photographers who have fled to Twitter to come back to the forums…

I agree with a lot of what I have read already.

The prize money for photocomp win should be around the 1 million mark I believe, as not many people win them more than once or twice every now and then.

I also think the photocomp winners should be shared on Facebook and Instagram once a week on the same day Consistently.

There have been weeks where there was just no post at all for the winners and there have been weeks where there was a 12 - 14 day gap between “weekly” photocomps.

This is causing confusion for participants.

The car list is good and having 3 entries allowed is good also. :blush:

2 Likes

For me everything is working fine at photocomp except that you upload winners on Facebook/Instagram to late. No themes! It’s not good for everyone if you must shot car which you don’t like. Well the prize should be a bigger for example 1 million credits plus the car from your list. Try to pay attention for real good photos! Not simply “slide shots” for example which anyone can do it. If you reading this please add ability to turn on/off headlights in Photomode at new Horiozn 4! Just like in motorsport series! There is a big Forza photographers community! And we will love to see this option at new Horiozn 4! It’s nice that we have Vista mode at each property but it will be nice to have a option to remove driver as well at photomode. But the most important thing is headlights! On/off!

The feedback received is beyond what I expected and I am so grateful! I will compile these over the next few weeks and purpose changes to the rest of the community team. But, by all means, KEEP IT COMING! From what I am seeing, a think a restructure of the prizing is in order, especially around the credit amounts and the upcoming unlock all cars update :).

2 Likes

Painters can spend days in to booth creating quality liveries for the community. The amount of prize credits given to equal the amount of time spent would almost be pointless at this phase games life. I would must rather have greater exposer and/or the opportunity to do something special for the community. (Special prize cars given out to the community with our livery on them or something like that.)

3 Likes

I really enjoy the photo contest and faithfully enter every week. My biggest issue with the photo contest is it seems the winners are all from the same group of talented photographers from week to week, which is discouraging to “amateurs.” I think the solution is to have a 2 tier contest where at least one of the 10 winners has to have never won before. Thus every contest has a new, “amateur” winner every time, and the pros can continue to produce their quality work and win the prizes they deserve. More people would feel encouraged to enter knowing at least one amateur level photo will win.

2 Likes

Not every week only contains shots from the same talented winners. I have seen my fair share of average shots or bemusing and strange selections. Sure at least 70-90% of all the winners each week are good.

However throughout 1-2 there is a chance two poor or average shots are picked, maybe even a third that had a good idea, but in the end it fell short. And while it is slowly improving. Some of the shots from the first 10 weeks wouldn’t be looked at very long by an art director in a gallery or a professional photographer.

Still here is another idea. Maybe the judges should past on info to Co-Pilot to state why they selected such a shot. Right what do I think about the million pound thing. It is of course a nice thing. In the long run, it might be a two edged sword. Reason being, I feel it might encourage more snap shot people to enter or tempt judges with too much contrast.

Now can high contrast be used probably. Only if there is enough balance with the following things. Lighting, shadows, composition, midtones and use of background or foreground scenery/objects. Anyway I am still hoping judges will put more thought into their future selections. Reason being. There has been some wonderful and eye watering beautiful shots from a past few winners who had their preferred shots to be over looked for another shot that was produced more quickly. Or if they were overlooked by a shot from another person featuring an over used idea, over does it in some areas or is bland.

Right what do I say this. While having their main entry overlooked for another of their shots isn’t a bad thing in their mind, since they still put a bit of work into their winning shots. But in the end. Their preferred shot gave them more joy, due what they have produced in such a way. It could be classed as some of their best work.

I’d like to see forum posting of photocomp entries be mandatory like it is for liveries.

It may encourage some photographers to hang around a bit more often and set up their own galleries on the forum.

You are always going to have someone that doesn’t like how things are going directly related to how they feel about the process and how that process accepts or doesn’t accept them.

In the end plain and simple this is a photo and livery comp. therefore only the top 10 from each category should be posted each week. If you are not posted in the top ten, you need to work on your submissions and get better at the category you entered.

Raising the money you get for winning is stupid and affects nothing in the long term. If people need more money playing the game should get them all the money they need. I think being posted on the Forza Facebook page should be reward enough along with being posted in game. Maybe you could do a run through of each photo during one of the mixer shows you guys do. But credits should NOT be increased nor should you give away free cars.

As for themes it sounds like a good idea but there have been themed comps on the forum boards for years. It’s not as awesome as it sounds cause it limits a photographer or a painter to a very spacific theme. Not that a challenge is a good way to sharpen your skills… but at the moment we are trying to get just a normal unrestricted comp ironed out. We don’t need to over complicate this by adding themes.

As for what should be determined as a winner for a comp. if turn 10 would use the photo or livery to advertise the video game they created then it deserves to win. Plain and simple. If that happens to be the same ten people every week than so be it. Those that don’t make it need to step their game up. But I have been seeing stuff all over the comps that would not advertise the Forza franchise well at all. If they were used in a commercial for the game I would be ashamed to be playing this game. There needs to be a quality to the winners. To be deserving of being a winner. If you want to showcase amateur photos and liveries then open an amateur photo and livery comp. but that comp would be just for the forums. They wouldnt get posted on the Forza Facebook page or anything.

You can’t please everyone and not everyone can win a comp no matter what it’s for. But if you hold a comp it should be for the top however many people. Anything less than the best and it’s not really a competition but rather just a collection of photos or liveries. You should keep the competitions in the game just make them real competitions. Don’t go half way with them. You want to win then put the time in to win!

You wouldn’t reward a sports team that lost the finials with the trophy would you???

1 Like

Another thing I think would be neat is if the occasional contest winner gets a callout on Twitter/Instagram, if we provide our @name in the entry. More people might take part in order to get a moment of “internet fame”, who knows.

I only quickly glanced at a couple posts, so I apologize in advance if I’m restating an idea already brought up.

Primarily, this is going off Tonystarks11311’s idea of doing 4 photos for Livery Contests. For this month’s contest I just uploaded, I found it difficult to pick the three best shots that come out as good quality photos, while also trying to showcase the paint job itself. The front 3-quarter and rear 3-quarter views are pretty standard amongst most entries, and roof/aerial shots can be tricky as photo mode is often limited in height unless you’re close to a danger sign or a ramp at Westpoint Tower. I think stretching the photo count to 4 photos would allow painters and Forzatographers alike to showcase their liveries while also being more unrestricted in presenting their work. Having said that, I’m not sure what happens behind the scenes as to whether or not the judges download the liveries and walk around the car and see parts that we might miss in the preview photos we upload here to the forums. And if that is the case, maybe a 4th photo becomes optional.

Also – this is more of a question than a suggestion – are painter-made logos taken into the consideration at all? Recently I’ve been adding stickers to my liveries from the manufacturer logos that come with the paint booth, unless I feel there’s a different company/logo I want to add. I know that I personally would be designing and including many more custom decals/logos than the stock manufacturer logos if this were, in fact, the case. I’m not too sure how other painters feel about that and whether they make theirs or add the stock ones, but knowing our little details like making new decals for ourselves make a difference may inspire more creativity and keep painters away from slapping a big Bridgestone or Firestone or Brembo logo on the side of the car and calling it a day. Again, that’s just my personal opinion, if anyone feels I may be incorrect or anything of the sort, I’d be happy to hear… well… read what you think on the matter, too.

Lastly, somewhat along the lines of the “4 photos” idea, I know the rules don’t specifically say we can or can’t include a short blurb about the design or where we drew our inspiration from if any, but if a painter feels the need he/she should include such a write-up, possibly even to give credit or a shoutout to another painter for inspiration, would it be alright to do so?

I make a point of never using game provided logos or font. Most proper painters never would either, a trained eye can spot a standard font or logo a mile away.

1 Like

Suggestion to allow the prize cars from the competitions to also include the locked Forza Edition cars from the Forza Driver’s Cup single player campaign.

I’ve already collected all the available cars but haven’t finished the Forza Driver’s Cup and to be honest I do prefer to paint and race online than go through the single player campaign (can’t stand driving SUV’s and similars), so would like to collect those by other means if possible.

Cheers!

I know designs with alcohol or tobacco liveries aren’t eligible to win the contest but what about cars with guns depicted as objects without violent context?

Magnum Force by Ace Ventura LeMans, on Flickr

Hi all! First, I’d like to thank the brilliant folks at Playground for giving us so many great community features in FH! Being one of the lucky photocomp61 winners (first time in my life I entered and won such a comp), here’s how it feels like and what I’d wish for to make it even better:

1. Notify the winners through their Xbox or Xbox UWP app and Forza Hub. I almost forgot about the comp I for over a month and, eventhough I studied design and photojournalism when I was young, I didn’t expect to have a chance. There where just so many excellent shots already submitted when I entered, I did it just for fun and for the love I felt for my '77 V8 Vantage. I came to think that having to fulfill a duty as judge for these photocomps would make my heart bleed because of the quality in both the photography (composition, technique etc.) and the intention - love and respect for the car, the design, the scenery or just hunting for the decisive moment to catch the intensity of a situation that just happened. I didn’t enter for money and rewards (was gonna move on to FH4 anyway) but for the sheer honor to add a photo to a place where so many great photos already are.

2. Don’t change towards themed contests or just make themed ones optional, e.g. OPEN, THEME 1, THEME 2 just as many real world photo comps do: make one competition use 2 or 3 categories. That would give photographers who like to work towards fulfilling a task their motivation without taking others theirs away. Awesome situations happen in FH and an open category helps telling their stories through awe-inspiring images. Many enthusiasts follow their guts when deciding to take “that photo now”, as do professionals in the field. That’s how hints of a story or a strong personal standpoint, love or just a relation to a specific car make it into an image. Photographic skills take over after that moment.

3. Liveries: I tried it myself and feel nothing but respect for the guys who spend hours in the paint shop to nail their idea or to live up to the real world model they aim to recreate in the game for all of us to drive and enjoy. They give a lot to the community and should be rewarded higher and presented better in- and outside the game. I love how they can level up just by painting in FH4 though!

4. Something’s a bit off in FH4 as content, e.g. images is loading VERY slowly, making browsing these beautiful shots a bit of a chore unfortunately - despite lightning fast internet speed. This should be fixed before FH4 photocomps begin.

5. Absolutely in favor of letting winners step down for at least one or two rounds until new photos can be submitted. Again, an in-game status update would be brilliant.

Devs, tuners, painters and shooters: Keep up the great work everyone!

Could someone please change the title to the correct spelling of Opportunity?

1 Like