Cheat, glitch or bug?

Yesterday I was playing Multiplayer in Open D Class in Catalunya and when I started Quallifying there was a time of a player around 12 seconds faster than everyone else. When I started my quali run, the player was gone and I managed to get the fastest time.
When the countdown reached 1, this players car suddenly drops on to my car from above, I get slapped with q 1 second avoidable contact penalty and once I manage to drive out of under that car, I am dead last and still try to finish the race as well as possible. The falling car is gone.
By the last lap, I am in 3rd place and pretty close to 1st and 2nd and when we hit the penultimate corner, this player appears again with a -64 seconds next to him and takes first place without being on the track.
In the podium sequence he is gone.
Anyone had something similar happen?

to me that sounds like he had such a bad connection he was desyncing from the server.

and frankly, if a player has connection issues to that extent, they should not be allowed to play online. it’s bad enough trying to race someone whose car is jittering side to side; when they are only occasionally even visible on the track it is absurd, distracting and very potentially race-ruining.

1 Like