Change transmission in game (auto/manual/clutch) through key bind

Add a key bind to the controls menu so we can change transmission (auto/manual/clutch) without having to pause the game, access difficulty menu, change transmission, save, and exit.

Most other driving games have this. I Frequently change transmission type depending on the car.

i don’t see what this would accomplish

1 Like

Agreed. For me, I would like to be able to toggle on and off the traction control and stability control without having to go into settings. If I start a new race that is heavy rain, I want to be able to toggle these on in-race. If I am doing anything that requires drifting, I want to be able to toggle these off on the fly.

2 Likes

Agree - toggling traction control in-game is common in many other games too.

It will save time instead of having to access menus, where it should be an in-game toggle shortcut/key bind. It’s a quality of life improvement.

But are they difficulty settings with perks too like in Forza? It sounds like you do a race with assists and right before the finish line quickly switch everything off and receive 100% bonus. That’s not how it works.

That’s a valid point.
A way to get around this, would be to have the difficulty setting be saved per car or tune. That way, every time i switch to my drift car/tune, i don’t have to go to the menu and do the changes.

1 Like

Toggling transmission type can be accessible in free roam only, so you can change the transmission type before entering an event. Free roam is my most common use case for this request.
Currently once in an event, there are many menu options that are inaccessible/grayed out anyway. This would be one of them.

1 Like

This would be a great improvement.

1 Like

Which is exactly why the current Assist system that’s been carried over with barely any changes since Motorsport 1 needs to go, hopefully FM does that.
Although in FH5 switching between just manual and manual w/ clutch has the same bonus, so in this game this setting wouldn’t impact the bonus if it were to be limited to anything but automatic.