Caterham Project V 2024-current

Click VOTE on this topic above the title to indicate your interest in any variant of this model generation for specifically for FH5. Add your details below to specify model year, body type, performance trim, or other related info about the cars you’re requesting.

Caterham Project V 2024-current

The Car from various angles

Performance Goals:

Single Rear-Mounted Motor (EV)

Power: 268bhp (200kw)
Weight: 1190kg
Drivetrain: RWD

0-62mph (100kph): Under 4.5s
Top Speed: 143mph (230kph)

Interestingly this is intended to be a 3-Seater similar to the McLaren F1 and GMA T.50 but with a normal 2-Seat front row and a single rear seat. A 4-Seater is planned to be an option but it’s not standard.

8 Likes

I love this thing. It’s extremely odd for a Caterham tho. Kinda similar in the front in ways to the Aero Seven. If this is how they divert from the Lotus Seven replicas I’m all for it

5 Likes

Yea it’s definitely not what I was expecting from Caterham.

Especially since they’re a fairly small manufacturer who don’t have anything other than the Seven to expand on, even if this was an ICE Car it would still be quite a big jump for them in terms of a production vehicle.

I’m actually surprised they have the ability to design and build this seemingly themselves, I would’ve expected them to need some major assistance from an outside manufacturer in this regard.

Lotus for example is a much bigger company with a wider range of cars but they’ve generally needed a lot of extra investment when it comes to building an entirely new car in the past, most recently it was Geely who is providing a lot of the backing for their new EV projects which use shared platforms anyway.

I believe Caterham still has ties to Lotus but I don’t this actually uses any of their tech and is solely an in-house project.

I am definitely interested in it though and whether this is going to be a successful project or if they’ll have to cancel it after some time.

3 Likes

The more I look at pictures of the car the more it reminds me of a smaller Rimac Concept 1 mixed with some Jaguar C-X75 in the front.

3 Likes

this car would be very exciting to see if it gets added into the game.

1 Like

A bit late, sorry.

It’s still possible for them to purchase a drivetrain elsewhere (same with interior screens and such), like they’ve done with their ICE drivetrains too. Development is stupidly expensive, buying somthing that exists saves a lot of costs.

I’m also very curious about the future of this project. I’ve always loved small and lightweight cars, seeing an EV with it’s instant torque and these aspects sounds like a good time to me!
Plus, a lighter car gets further on a charge! If only it got here faster! (Or was more affordable ): )

2 Likes

Yea it’s all-round an incredibly interested car to keep an eye on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they got the Drivetrain from someone like Geely but it remains to be seen if they admit it at some point.

1 Like

FH5

A more in-depth look at the car courtesy of Goodwood

And another one from Top Gear

2 Likes