Cars that you want to like, but can't

Basically cars that disappoint you either for any reason, ie: bad handling, performance or lack of upgrades etc.

I’ll go first, (these are just my thoughts and opinions of course, car preference is subjective)

1. 2013 Ford Shelby GT500
    I love 5th gen Mustangs but performance-wise it’s such a letdown. I’d like if I could build it into an an A class car with good grip, but as soon as you put on better tires, the PI shoots up to the bottom of S1 class. There’s also only a V12 engine swap, tire width only adds about 10 millimeters and generic aero. It kind of seems like the devs nerfed it (and other 2000’s cars) by design so people would drive the new models instead.

2. 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Out of all the Imprezas this is my favorite one, but I’m disappointed that this doesn’t come with rally body mods like the '05 Impreza did. (I know, the stuff that the '05 Impreza comes with is from the Horizon 1 Rally Expansion)

3. 2003 Ford Focus RS
    I was hyped when this was announced for Horizon 3. When I got to the aero upgrades menu, I was confused. A couple of tuner hoods and wings, but not a single rally accessory?

4. 2000 Mustang SVT Cobra R
    Surprise surprise, another Ford xD

Anyway, I also love 4th gen Mustangs. But when I found out that the SVT Cobra R used to have body mods in the Xbox 360 era (as well as a few other cars), I was gutted. It sounds great in Horizon 5, but I’m not a fan of the wing or front bumper/splitter.

1. Any Audi
    I don’t know why, because I like the 2001 Audi RS4 Avant and the Audi RS7. I guess the Audi lineup in Horizon just feels bland and gets overshadowed by more exotic cars.
4 Likes

The Challenger Hellcat. A pig in the piggiest sense of the word. Useless for racing. Ironically it has a niche as a drift car, which is the opposite of what you might use it for.

I also have a love/hate relationship with the E36 M3 since it doesn’t seem to handle as well as it’s supposed to.

The 959 Rally Raid is very fast, but very difficult to control at high speeds. Still, it earned me plenty of PR Stunts.

McLaren Speedtail can’t get to the top of S2. I had to put drag tires on it and demote to S1. I assume it’s very fast as a dragster but I haven’t tested it.

The Land Rover Series III is a great offroader, but it doesn’t have track width upgrades, so it rolls too much. This can be a problem in Cross Country.

2 Likes

Oh yeah that’s another one that gets me. Cool looking car, but terrible for racing builds. Not to mention the 2013 Shelby got a Big Country Labs wing, but the Hellcat didn’t even though it has a widebody kit.

Aw man that’s such a huge oversight. White walls should have been a visual customization feature separate from the upgrade menu along with tire lettering. The Morris Minor FE comes with awesome tires with Goodyear lettering that would look sick on classic muscle cars classic racers.

Yeah it sucks that you can’t customise the aero on FE cars. When I got the 350z FE, I wanted to take the bull bar off and put the Nismo street wing on the back. But alas, I couldn’t.

Yeah that bothered me as well, especially since the older Celica came with rally stuff.

I know yeah the offroad kits were neat. I would have thought Horizon 5 would expand on them more, but it seems they axed a lot of SUVs from the game. I wonder if the manufacturers started getting mean about the offroad kits, that’s seemed to be what happened with the production Lambo Urus and 2018 Cayenne.

Yeah I was hoping we’d get something new with the Viper like a race kit or even the cowl induction hood from the barn find model. But nope. Another letdown is the overkill wheel spacer upgrades that bring the wheels a good foot out of the car on the minimum setting. The GMC Jimmy was underwhelming too, I was expecting there to be foglights, snorkels, roofracks and the whole shebang, but nope…

Yeah seems like the devs are neglecting the classic Lambos for real. I was driving the Diablo SV and in the hood camera view, the front badge is missing. Also, the lights on the back seem so bright and cartoon looking? Also, there’s an option to remove the wing from the Diablo GTR, but you can’t do that with the SV or the Countach.

Can’t believe that Honda still doesn’t have side skirts to this day…

Yeah I don’t be bothered with the hypercars, I just sell them on the auction house and buy the extreme track toys. They may be fast in a straight line, but they are sluggish in the corners. I’m starting to think lateral G’s plays a huge part in the vehicle’s overall PI. It’s like the way the modern muscle cars (ie 2013 Shelby) reach a PI plateau mid S1 class and suck for anything competitive.

2 Likes
  1. Almost all cars in Rod&Custom category
    PG has made a strange decision. The cars in these categories that should need the most vintage whitewall tires do not have whitewall tires.
    This means that if we want to keep the beautiful look of whitewalls on these categories of cars, we are forced to give up on handling or use them in lower classes like D or C.
    Who would have thought that adding whitewall tires to the Alpine A110 or Dodge Charger Daytona would be more correct than adding them to the Ford F-100 or Chevrolet Impala?

2. Almost all cars in Pickup&4x4 category
    They advertised that FH5 could be used to mount a variety of tires on different categories of cars.
    Yeah, they were right about that. But the suspension was not.
    We can fit slick tires on many cars in these categories. But race-spec suspension for optimal ride height for tarmac racing is still lacking.
    Oddly enough, these suspensions were available for the FM7 and FH2. Why don’t they bring these suspensions back?

3. Exocet
    In the real world, the Exocet can be used both on tarmac and off-road.
    However, there is still no tarmac style option for this car in stock.
    If we want to use this car on tarmac, we have to get the Forza Edition.
    Lazy design to make the FE exclusive.

4. All Forza Editions
    I love the exclusive upgrades on these cars.
    But for some reason they have removed the option to return these cars to factory stock.
    And these cars are set to the PI limit for each class in stock. And they are still RWD.
    Needless to say, AWD has a huge advantage over RWD in Horizon.
    And converting these FEs to AWD will naturally increase the PI, forcing these cars to be used one class higher.
    For cars like the Morris Minor FE that can’t be fitted with very large tires, or cars like the Dodge Charger FE or Chevrolet Corvette FE that can’t reach the PI limit of the S2 class, this decision was very disappointing.

5. 1994 Toyota Celica ST205
    It’s the same reason the OP mentioned for the Focus and WRX.
    This car was one of the most iconic rally cars of the 1990s. However, it does not have any rally kit whatsoever.

6. All SUVs added in FH4
    These cars do not have off-road wide body kits at all.
    And yet, many of them, like the Lamborghini Urus Concept and the Porsche Cayenne, are the only models in the game that have it, as older models that had it have been deleted.
    These models may be newer, better models. But in game terms, they are just degraded versions that can no longer be fitted with wide body kit and wider tires.

7. 1999 Dodge Viper ACR, 1970 GMC Jimmy
    These models are available in Barn Find.
    And these wreck models were equipped with cowl induction hoods and off-road wide body kit options.
    However, the stock models that are available after restoring these do not have these options.
    Did Alejandra just throw them in the trash?

8. Lamborghini Countach
    For reasons unknown, they messed up this model in FH4.
    The red reflectors in the rear were repainted a murky gray, which ruined the iconic rear view of this car.
    Some might say, “What a trifle.” But I always play with the third view camera because I love this car and because I like to play the game while looking at my car.
    And when I do, what I see is the wrong rear view. Very disappointing.

9. Honda CR-X
    I guess it goes without saying. The lack of side skirts on this car has been noted by the community for over a decade now.
    The side skirts for this car only existed in FM1; T10/PG has been bringing this car into the game for years, but the side skirts were left behind in 2005.

10. Many S2 hypercars
    These cars do not even have a PI reaching 990. And we can’t downgrade the PI below 900.
    This may be fine for children who like these cars, but in a game with class-based racing events, a car that can’t reach the maximum PI is just an ornament.
    Whether it’s a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, it’s still the same.

3 Likes

anything thats very fast.
i want to see the scenery as i drive, not have a blur or constantly have to brake because the car gets between bends too quick.
i stick to A class or less. and only A class because the hoonigan is god tier for offroad.

4 Likes

regarding the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500, i just made a monster tune in A Class that handles very well and smokes the AI competition on Highly Skilled difficulty (road racing). it is possible to tune this beast to peak performance and stay competitive, at least for A Class. mind you i have no aero parts installed either. there are workarounds for most cars to gain better handling without upgrading tires to slicks. one of my commonly used tricks is to put drag tires and drift suspension on, and adjust the camber along with tire pressure to make the car handle better. i have used this technique for low S1 class cars as well to reset their PI to A Class.

1 Like

That’s great to hear. Last night I managed to squeeze my Shelby into A class. iirc, I installed dirt tires and race suspension along with a little weight reduction, chassis reinforcement, an upgraded clutch, driveline and race diff.
I’ve never thought about using drag tires and drift suspension though, I may give that a go.

Yeah I think with the high tier cars you have to really learn how the car drives and its limits. On an entirely new track it’s not easy being confident when you’re behind the wheel of a +1000hp upgraded track car. Whereas A class cars are easier to manage so there’s less that can go wrong.

Cars are missing tons of real-life features and there is nothing done about it in Forza games. I understood when P1 and Laferrari came in FH2 that they will not have the race modes / electric only / kers functionalities but my god 7 years later we are almost the same point, disappointing for a “car game”.

Some features that I wish were implemented:

• live / active displays on in-car screens. Only car that has literally anything displayed on the in-car tablet/display. It only is a green background and a random directional arrow but it’s something. On other cars with big internal screens, the screens are blank or are displaying manufacturer logo.

We now have switchable convertibles and “race mode” (for one car but still cool) so let’s enable players some other switchable real-life options. Things that should be interactive and are not:

• race mode for every car where applicable (P1, ford gt, bugattis…)
  • if it is a hybrid let me use electric only mode or allow to use “push to pass” from electric motors
  • TCS / ABS switchable on the fly
  • 4wheel steering simulated (it might already be and I am just being ignorant so let me know)
  • launch control needs a ton of improvements, right now it is just stupid
  • switchable 4wd / 2wd drive for bmws, disengaged 4wd for focus rs and ferrari ff / gtc4
  • when 3rd level weight reduction is bought, make the interior look “emtpy”, I think this was the case in one of the Motorsport games
1 Like

I am frequently disappointed in the lack of visual upgrades, as well as the nature of some of the visual alterations that DO exist. This has put me off a number of cars. Sometimes when I pop open the upgrades and the only visual options are Forza wings I am immediately disillusioned with a car.

I was just noticing the other day when driving… the Sesto Elemento, I think… that when I turned the rear wheels were also turning.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. To me, if a car doesn’t have any unique visual upgrades aside from the Forza aero, it just makes the car feel one-dimensional because I can’t make it my own. Some of the cars in the game like the Corvettes, Viper barn find and Saleen S7 are known for being used in motorsport racing like Le Mans, yet they just come with generic Forza aero which doesn’t suit the lines of the car. Same goes for tuner/import scene cars, rally scene cars and offroad scene trucks.

If it’s because of manufacturers not allowing Playground the license to include bodykits, race kits, wheel spacers and other modifications on their cars (other than the Forza aero), that’s really disappointing.

Damn, that’s such a huge oversight on Playground’s part.

2 Likes

It’s worse than that, stock, the Ford Coupe Horizon Edition is RWD A class with extreme off-road tyres. It’s basically unusable as the torque and insane horsepower leaves you spinning out in 3rd gear.

Only option is AWD swap, and obviously that puts you into mid S Class. When you do that, you have to beef up the already overpowered engine so when you do max S class, it’s almost uncontrollable and acts like a drag car in the dirt, but as previously mentioned, the stock compound and ONLY compound you get is the extreme off-road.

I’m a reasonable tuner, but never will the car be competitive in any bracket. It’s also an off-road championship car, so is easily outclassed by the purpose built S class off-roaders.

Really all it is is a car very few people will ever have.

2 Likes

That’s great ! Thanks for letting me know. Have checked it out and definitely works on sesto fe & porsche 911 gt3 2019. The interwebs say it also works on:

• lambo centenario, urus, should probably work on the newer aventadors (but not on normal sesto)
  • porsche 918, taycan (dont know why gt2 rs does not have it)
  • nissan family should have it (silva & skyline)

It seems that it only is simulated for the lower speeds (when rear wheels are turned in the opposite direction than fronts) but not for higher speeds (all wheels turned in the same direction) - or maybe, again, I am missing something

Both Paganis sound lifeless which is a shame after all the years it took for me to start appreciating these quirky cars. The Zonda Cinque is actually become one of my favourite hyper cars. Absolutely loved it in FH2.

1 Like

I thought the same with the Ford F150 Rockstar Trophy Truck. It’s engine sounded nearly like a monster truck in Horizon 3 and 4, but now it doesn’t sound particularly interesting.

1973 BMW 2002 turbo… Love this car, fast handles great… Legendary car with terrible skill tree.

1 Like

A lot of cars in this game have underwhelming skill trees. Playground probably forgot to change the perks seeing how it was a common car in Horizon 4.
An upgrading system for the skill trees would be neat, especially if you like the car but wish there were better/different/more perks.

1 Like

Every single car that cannot reach the top of its class. Disappointed this is even still a problem.

Also the poor Ferrari P4 cannot hit S900 no matter what parts you stick on it.

2 Likes

The 32 Ford Coupe Horizon Edition.

It has no tyre swap options leaving you with the extreme off-road compound as your only option.

No drag or circuit opportunities. Really disappointing.

2 Likes

Damn, that’s annoying. For a game that allows you turn upgrade a car for any type of driving, I don’t get why Playground keep making very arbitrary design choices with certain cars like the Ford Coupe FE. If it was a development mistake I hope they fix it in a patch. They should’ve included a way to reduce the horsepower or swap in a slower engine.

1 Like

Ferrari 488 Pista. Absolutely love that car but in both FH4 and FH5 its worse than the standard version! And worse than its predecessor the 458 Speciale which it makes it useless. Extremely disappointing, pretty sure theres more examples of this which I cant remember.

1 Like