Cars - Strange Brake light glow on all cars (1686406)

Has anyone seen this or reported it? Most cars, especially those with LED taillights, have red eyes when braking

Yup that’s build from the ground up for you…
Every single car in the game has only two actual glowing headlights and 2 glowing break lights. No mater the number of actual LEDs or bulbs on the model. It looks absolutely ridiculous especially on the P1, Bugatti Chyron, and the Lotus Emira, Porshes, all the newest MB AMG GTs, etc.
Essentially any car that feature Led strips/brakes light that aren’t round

5 Likes

Please vote for this to be fixed because it looks absolutely ridiculous.

3 Likes

I’m truly surprised that more people haven’t complained about this. Sure, most of the cars are not perfectly modeled to a certain extent. But this is even worse IMO. Every single car in the game has fake glowing headlights & break light that seem to have been randomly placed (in the case of the break lights). How is this even acceptable?

4 Likes

PSA: please vote for this in hopes that this absolutely ridiculous “feature” is fixed/changed. :pray:t3:
One partial solution would be to have those silly glows fade out further away from the player’s car and not once they are less than 1 meter in front of the player as it is right now. (but this won’t help during replays)

1 Like

Jus found out that if the weather is set to “Dense fog” there’s no glow to the break lights. Which means that it’s now at least visually consistent… But you absolutely can’t see when cars are breaking in front of you anymore . The whole thing is an absolute mess.

1 Like

I think this has to do with the lights, only when they are switched on, it come to the glow. At dense fog the lights are off so there is no glow?
Its an LoD thing when you are centimeters behind a car all looks normal but approx meter the glowing red eyes came through

The glow is not related to the headlights being on or off as far as I can see.It’s simply always glowing when head lights are ON & only glows when breaking if the headlights are OFF (until the car is a couple of meters aways from another as noted earlier)
But in Dense fog conditions there’s literally no glow whatsoever.

Turn10 is a studio whose seriousness and attention to detail is close to nothing.
It is unacceptable to sell a game for €80 whose vehicles are not finished. And I can give many examples:

• Headlights that do not light up when racing at night and/or in the rain.
  • The same goes for windshield wipers when it rains.
  • Some dashboard speedometers that do not light up or do not work.
  • Fender flares without the wheels that go with them.
  • Vehicles have the same number of polygons as their counterparts on Playstation 2 (see the rounding of mudguards and vehicle interiors).
  • The light intensity of the brake lights is worthy of a flame coming out of a lighter.
  • The ugly flashbacks (even FH5 does much better).
  • The colorimetry of paintings which are not faithful to reality.
  • Sizing bugs of certain rims mounted on certain vehicles (the diameter of the rims exceed the diameter of the tires LOL!!!).
  • Smudged textures on bodywork creations.
  • Engine sounds that are degraded and/or muffled.
  • On Xbox series, the very poor quality of Raytracing which makes the vehicles very very very ugly (even without the RT in the end and which makes FH5 look like a game which is 10 years technically advanced).
  • The satin aspect on one side and shiny on the other side of the paints (but how???).
  • The roof of vehicles which disappear when you put the reinforcement bars.

In short, Turn10, you no longer exist for me and it is very far away, but very very far away from the quality of development that we were able to have on the first four Forza Motorsport.

5 Likes

The PR B@llshots have the actual real break lights glowing instead of the fake glow that’s currently in-game… (& obviously higher resolution RT reflections that aren’t even available on PC)

2 Likes

That’s what I thought to myself, it’s strange
where did this picture came from? When its not from the game

1 Like

It’s from today’s Update 4.0 blog post.

I know but is the pic from the game or just for pr?

here a pic of the TVR looks also very strange during race it looks like there is only the right brakelight in funktion, when zooming towards the left got a white point?:thinking:

2 Likes

This nonsense applies to literally every car in the game. Here the fake glow is placed inside the turning indicators (Lacia Delta HF Integrale EVO)

2 Likes

But how could we have reached such a level of poor quality of development?
When we see the level of detail and realism that the competition offers in terms of vehicle modeling (number of polygons, quality of textures, quality of lighting and sound quality).
TURN10 is the symbol of the world in which we live, that is to say “mediocracy”, hence the art of doing mediocre as long as it makes money.

1 Like

Placed in the reverse indicators…every single car in the game suffers from this “design choice”.
A human can’t be stupid enough to do this so my guess is that Turn10’s asset importer for FM has an automated feature that automatically places these break light glows at what is assumed to be center of the tail lights structure of every car when it’s imported into the game.

5 Likes

Whoever changed the thread title today is wrong (a mod I guess).
It’s NOT a photo mode only issue. it’s all the time: Gameplay, replay & photo mode!

1 Like

@JetPartySalad
Its not a photo mode issue , its an in game bug

3 Likes

Literally in the middle of nowhere between both break/tail lights :person_facepalming:

4 Likes