Cars - Ford Focus RS 2003- Inaccurate car model and factory color (1727557)

This issue has persisted since this car’s debut to the series, Forza Horizon 2. This is further exemplified with the introduction of the 2001 #4 Ford Focus RS rally car in Forza Horizon 5’s Rally Adventure expansion. (see last gif) The car’s factory color, Imperial Blue is also represented inaccurately.

All GIF comparisons below are taken in Forza Horizon 5, however the car model is verifiably unchanged in the Motorsport series.
ezgif-7-5512f3a263
ezgif-7-a3a2dc5fbb
ezgif-7-a0293e26a6
ezgif-7-ddce7336e7

This model is actually based on the Focus SVT from Motorsport 1, a USDM Focus that was inaccurate. This is easily noticeable because both the SVT and RS share the same custom hoods and spoilers.

5 Likes

VOTED!!

2 Likes

So… the Focus Rally Car from Rally Adventure is accurately scanned, right? And the Focus RS is deformed.

On Mk1 Focus RS’s introduction in FH2, turns out that they took “Inaccuracies” to a whole new level during the Xbox One era by reusing the Focus SVT model from FM1 and slap the RS parts on it.

I got absolutely fooled. I thought all Xbox One era cars are all new & fresh models. Well, most/majority of them literally are, at least. But it’s somewhere about 90% of them.

4 Likes

The Saleen S7 LM is so far the only Xbox One+ era car that has a different model than its other version. The fate of the Focus RS Mk1 also ruined models like the Silvia S14 Kouki and the RX-7 Spirit R.

3 Likes

Well, the base S7’s model is bad. Especially it’s noticeable that the Saleen badge is not properly placed. It was on the bonnet rather than the bumper. It was fixed in the LM.

I’m glad the S7 LM used its own standalone model quality, which might be showing how a rescanned/fully remodeled S7 should look like, since the Saleen badge is on the bumper at last.

4 Likes

We’re closing this thread because we know we will be rebuilding this car in the future. Thanks for being patient with us!

11 Likes