Cars - Audi RS 4 2006 (B7) - Inaccurate car model

This issue has persisted since Forza Motorsport 2. The B7 RS4 is an example of a car deformed in all ways not enough to point out specific issues regarding specific parts, but enough to outline a general trend of inaccuracies.

The front end lacks detail and is slightly disproportionate.

Really, the whole body is disproportionate, the car is too narrow and too tall. Also the wheels are not concave enough, reminds me of the same issue on the R34 Skyline GT-R

The whole rear end lacks detail. Incorrect dimensions of the Forza model change the proportions of all pictured parts.

Spotted_AudiRS4B7_04

Overall, this is a very average model for Motorsport 2 standards, meaning it is now absolutely not good in Motorsport. Time to rescan it, and maybe add an A4 3.2 FSI next to it.

Oh, look at this… My most favorite Audi since NFS Undercover, so it’s a slight disproportion, as it came from the start of the X360 era. I thought this RS4 looks decent in-game.

Voted. Can you send a GIF to make sure the comparison is clear?

3 Likes

I’m unable to make a good comparison gif since I’m on console, these require lining up two images and that is simply time consuming even on PC, and painfully difficult on console

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll do it later otherwise, since I’m on PC anyways.

1 Like

My vote is in, and that’s another outdated car added to the list!

4 Likes

Hats Off. You are doing great by providing the insights for the car models.

5 Likes

@MatateusanR5, here’s the GIFs as you wish.

I was able to do the first two, the last one (rear) is very much confusing… It’s some minor disproportions, not worse like the other X360 cars like Skyline R32 or 190 E having a major deformed model. RS4 B7’s model is somewhat mid, however. I guess it needs remodeling for sure.

GMP_U2F2ZUdNQVgwMQ==

GMP_U2F2ZUdNQVgwMQ==

P.S.: Don’t mind the wheel size, people. Just enlarge it through Tire Size in the Upgrade menu.

3 Likes

I think that FM should’ve gotten rid of all pre-XOne models, that’s why the list will eventually include models as “fresh” as Motorsport 4’s.

3 Likes

Yes, they should. Just like how GT Sport got a bunch of cars rid of when it launched, as their cars from previous games are needed to be remodeled from scratch. They continued remaking every car model from their old generation titles as promised, especially GT7 is carrying over the process while at the same time, bringing new cars in their end. GT’s PS3 car models aren’t too high in texture detail, so their devs managed to remodel them all over again to fit GT7’s quality.

FM should’ve launched with all pre-Xbox one era cars removed for Remodeling, sure. But unfortunately, T10 reused dozens of them instead, especially those who appeared in Xbox One titles… I bet there are some people who do not care about the inaccuracies and reality of car models and cares about quantity of car lists over quality of car models.

As we’re trying to spread awareness over car models, I met @Gojo665 in helping him out for the awareness of inaccurate engine sounds. So far, within 6 months later after FM launched, the game still fails and kind of barely fixed any bugs & major issues. I bet there’s no chance for FM to keep up. I lost patience, and I am getting tired of Turn 10’s lack of efforts.

3 Likes

Car model and sound plays vital role in a racing game. I don’t know why this sound is always overlooked and not considered as the highest priority just like other issues. This is really depressing and sad. In the youtube everyone is literally making fun of this game about car sounds and Turn10 is just being radio silent. They should do something quick about car sounds and models, in the same way they prioritized progression, AI and FRR. Otherwise it will be too late for them.

3 Likes

Them admitting that their car models and sounds are not really accurate would damage their PR. As if it wasn’t already ruined thanks to not building the game from the ground up, it’s only fair that they do it.

3 Likes

No such mention about car model and sounds getting fixed in the Forza Stream…and he talked about other changes which will be coming in the next update or that of with no eta or promises. Saying that the SHUB being effective is hilarious. I wonder if they remember that there is a THUB car issue section…

2 Likes

Not sure why it took me so long but here’s what I’ve noticed that I had missed previously:
There is an unnecessary curve on the edges of the front bumper right on the side ducts
The side line above the door handles is placed significantly too low and isn’t curved
The door handles themselves are placed too low as well
The side skirts are placed too high
The A pillar lacks curvature

As for the things I have noticed before:
The entire front fascia is too flat
The front bumper air ducts are in the wrong sport
The headlights have incorrect shape and insides

3 Likes

Almost no one would ever notice these minor inaccuracies on a car like this. Even the dashboard and steering wheel feels small.

1 Like

The obvious reactions in Forza’s inaccurate assets and audio are - Hilariously funny and at the same time, Dissapointingly depressing.

We laugh
We get mad over inaccurate stuff
We report issues over them

And Turn 10 does - nothing. Nothing but add new & recycled cars.

1 Like

Variations of this sentence are constantly used for Motorsport 1 models. No reason to minimize any modeling issues that cars in FM don’t need to have.

1 Like

The tail lights are one of my biggest pet peeves with this RS4. There’s no bulbs, it’s just flat empty space in there.

3 Likes

It looks opaque, I would say.

2 Likes