Bosozoku Body-kits

I don’t know how, which car or even if it’d work but I know that it’d be sick.

1 Like

I wonder if people will ever learn that Bosozoku culture is actually a section of motorcycle culture instead of car culture, and that people outside of Japan has completely misappropriated the term. The proper term you’re looking for is Kaido Racer.

2 Likes

The term “Bosozoku” is not only used for motorcycles in Japan. It is also used for automobiles.
The term “Kaido Racer” originated in a Japanese automobile magazine at the time, and is one of the names used for a bosozoku style car.
More strictly speaking, it is an expression for the bosozoku style cars that imitated the racing cars of the time.
Anyway, in any case, the OP’s expression is not a misuse.

6 Likes

what the PGG staff can do is first try and see the player base’s reaction by implementing a bosozoku style kit with a car thats already in the game, something like the Nissan skyline 2000GT-R, if it does any good, they could be interested in these bosozoku cars, by implementing some old average cars like the Honda Prelude, Toyota Cressida and Camry, with the option to install these kits. This could also be a perfect timing to add underglow to Forza Horizon.

This can satisfy both players that want normal everyday slow cars aswell as players that want crazy customization

Reference photos for some readers that may not be familiar with the Bosozoku car culture.

Not really my thing, but there is no denying it’s currently alive and well in JDM culture.

3 Likes

As much as I would like this in game, Bozozoku is apart of Japanese criminal history so it might offend people made of snow and forza won’t want that they went as far as removing SS badges off certain cars (even though it stands for super sport) because people might get offended even though it’s nothing to do with or connected in any way to Them war criminals.

Mind you they do have the VW beetle and that car is the closest thing to war criminals you can get so maybe there’s hope

Your concerns are valid, but rest assured, they are not. In recent years, Japanese manufactures are not as strict as they once were.

There is a model car brand in Japan called Aoshima. They have been making local Japanese custom car models for decades.
And these are just some of the products they are selling today.

gs_02
*Note that this is not a Group 5 Bluebird, but a bosozoku style model car that mimics it.

Of course, the culture called bosozoku is not favorable to them either.
But to a certain extent they tend to tolerate it and give it license.
Crazy boso exhaust stuff that is taller than the roof of a car is not going to get a license, but a bosozoku style body kit that is not overdone is acceptable to them.

3 Likes

If they’re not going to add these kits then they can add the old silhouette race cars as an alternative. In Forza Motorsport 7 there are some silhouette racers. I downloaded a paint for one that makes it look like a Bosozoku car. It’s pretty awesome.

1 Like