Auction house prices

I bought a car for 11mil in the auction house with a buy it now price of 20 mil. But I can only resist the car for max of about 60,000. Can anyone help with what happened here?

People who reach a legendary painter or tuner status are able to set the buyout price of all cars they somehow modified to 20 M.

1 Like

But shouldn’t it stay that way if we are just reselling and don’t change anything?

Nope

1 Like

That’s crud. Why would you want a car you couldn’t resell for the same or more?

1 Like

As others have said - they put in the work and got the benefit.
You haven’t ,so no reward.

Just don’t buy the car if you don’t want it.
There are others that you can sell for 20M without being a Legend tuner or painter but they change all the time so you just need to scroll through the AH and find one.

Yeah but it should be flagged. Not saying they shouldn’t get rewarded for the time wasted on a game. But should others get robbed trying to “flip” cars.

You’re not being robbed. Just getting a nicely painted / tuned car for a bit more cash.
Again - just look for the current cars that are going high and see if you’ve got one to sell.

I don’t do much tuning or painting so probably still Lvl 1 but have sold many cars for 20M.

Also remember the AH fees. For a high value car you can lose up to 15% so you may buy it for 20M but the seller will only receive about 17M for their efforts…

Normally people are willing to pay the price because they like what they get. They simply don’t care for resale value at all.

This (the bold part) clearly shows from which direction you’re coming. It’s not a good one.

2 Likes

To be fair, most of the “legendary” painters and/or tuners are just lazy rush jobs that people throw up early on. The deluge of matte black, camo, chrome, Supreme or Louis Vuitton logo, etc. And of course “tunes” that are just all the max upgrades applied.

I’m not saying there aren’t people that put in a ton of effort, just that there’s a LOT of garbage to wade through to find them. Incidentally, I’m also against them getting this benefit. They should just be rewarded in some other way, daily payouts or something. Let everyone sell for whatever they want on the AH.

1 Like

You’re trying to flip cars without knowing what you can get for it? That one’s completely on you.

3 Likes

And as far as “Wasted” goes, some of these expert livery editors spend hours or even days to create the really good ones. Same goes with tuners spending hours tweaking and refining the tune before sharing.

Yes there are some lazy ones but that generally only applies to cars that are going for high amounts anyway so probabaly don’t even need a tune or paint job to get the 20M price tag.

Oh I had a feeling on this one and should have trusted my gut.

Plus your OP said you got it for 11M anyway… a bargain I’d say.

Ha. Not when it can only be resold for around 60k.

So you could have probably gone to the AS instead and got it for that price instead of wasting 11M.
Maybe even less depending on what car it was.

1 Like

I dispute the “most” part. Sure there’s some crap out there but most of it won’t contribute much in the relation to the legendary status. There of course is the “problem” with early contributions that often get a rather undeserved share but the early bird catches the worm as the saying goes.

The problem here are actually the players that are downloading such crap and not the creators uploading it. This can partially be blamed on designs not being able to get previewed before downloading but that’s out of our control.
When it comes to payouts I can give you an example. I’ve over 380 desgins plus about the same number of tunes uploaded to the hub and what I get from daily payouts is presumably less of what I get for a single completed Horizon Tour. Such a tour takes maybe half an hour while creating a livery often takes a couple of hours at least. So there is absolutely no relation when it comes to invested time versus monetary gain. That’s why I think the legendary status is fair in the overall picture.

Besides that. If somebody has money problems in this game he/she/div simply isn’t playing the game (enough). It’s unbelievable easy to make a couple of millions a day.

1 Like

Know your market. I buy cars for 11-20 million just because I want the paint and to keep the slot free.

2 Likes

I wasn’t saying that the daily payout should be the same as it is now, that would be silly. I meant increase the daily payout to make it worthwhile. The issue with “legendary” painters/tuners monopolizing rare cars in the AH has been an issue since at least FH4 (I don’t remember the AH exactly in 3).

The dynamic value system they eventually implemented helped a lot, but there’s still far too many times that I can’t sell a car because it goes for say 16+ million, but because it’s rare, not many are sold so the max buyout is like 800k.

I’ve been trying to get an SF90 from the AH and the other day the were 12 listed by the same person for 20 million each. That’s just hoarding.

That one goes for 20M without having the legendary status. Oh, and I also saw them up and bought a few. All of them also had the same person as first owner and many of the stats were 999.999.999.