Anything Goes for Street Scene Events (Get Rid of It)

If I show up to a street race in a modern Bugatti, then I want to race against other modern hypercars. I don’t want to race against a 1930s Bugatti and am impossibly modified dune buggy. Please make Street Scene events match the opponents to the player’s chosen car type by default; the same way other events do by default.

Blueprint it to Hypercars, problem solved!

1 Like

As above, if you want to certain types of vehicles then you should make a blueprint before the event. The term “anything goes” quite literally means exactly that so it shows that this feature is working as it should.

1 Like

Blueprints are rather clunky, like most free play options in other games, so, no, I don’t consider this a fix.

Again, a very clunky workaround, and the point of this post was so the developers simplified things to avoid clunky workarounds.

I’m confused what you find “clunky”? In my opinion having “anything goes” is exactly what a street race is? You wouldn’t attend a car meet and only see 1 type of car (unless you live in the UK then it’s usually ST’s and RS’s). Unfortunately due to the PI made available to some of the older cars through upgrades, you will get a variety of styles. The only work around would be to blueprint, once you’ve made it, you won’t have to do it again.

The issue with creating a blueprint, in this case, would mean I would have to create a blueprint for every class of vehicle, which is not a good workaround. Using a Bugatti against Hypercars only was merely an example of the scenario, not my definitive goal. I use all the car types in the game, and would rather Street Scenes set up opponents as they do in other event types. For example, if I drive an unlimited buggy, all the opponents are unlimited buggies by default instead of random cars, most of which, as even you pointed out yourself, are modified in ways that can’t be done by the players.