Amazon orders delayed....

I’m curious how some folks have received their Amazon ordered UE and some of us haven’t, that actually makes it more irritating knowing that only a few of us got screwed.

Amazon is blaming “the manufacturer”; but what it really sounds like is Amazon didn’t cap their pre sale to the number of launch day copies Microsoft allocated them. They knew how many physical copies of each edition they were receiving by launch day, and they should’ve stopped selling them when they hit that number. This is the same thing that happened way back when FM4 came out. Best Buy didn’t cap the pre sales of the limited collectors edition, and many of us got screwed when we showed up on launch day to pick up. I had to scramble to find an LCE from another retailer on that one.

1 Like

After hearing about some people getting their copies from Amazon, this is exactly what I imagine happened. I had the same thing happen years ago with Mass Effect 2 and Best Buy. I was in a store about two weeks before release, grabbed one of the Collector Edition pre-order cards, and asked three employees (including a manager) to confirm that if I bought the pre-order that day I would be able to pick it up on release day, and all three said yes. Stopped in after work on release day only to find out they had only gotten 2 copies of the CE in, and both had been picked up that morning. They couldn’t tell me when they’d get more in, so I got that pre-order refunded (think it was only a $5 deposit) and managed to find a copy of the CE at a Target store that evening. I have not bought a game from Best Buy since that day.

Amazon has acknowledged a shortage of physical copies of FH4, due to delays from the manufacturer. Could be Microsoft or whomever it is that prints the physical DVDs.

Placed my UE order on June 14th, still had not shipped as of this morning, so I cancelled the physical copy this morning, installing the digital version now.

I don’t particularly care about the hard case, was actually going to sell that online to recoup some of the costs. With the switch of the timing between the Ferrari and the 2019 Porsche 911, could not wait until next week Wednesday.

I ordered mine back in August. I checked yesterday and it said it would be delivered today. Checked it last night and it said it would be here by 8PM. Checked it this morning and it said it would be here by 11PM. Checked it around 1 and it said it would be here Wednesday… I thought it was a typo or a glitch with the amazon app. USPS came. Nothing. FedEx came. Nothing. UPS just drove by. You have got to be kidding me!!! I should’ve just preordered thru GameStop… I went with amazon cause of the price and where I live. Now I’m understanding why it was so cheap…

I feel for you. I had pre ordered in June because of price. I was pretty hyped for the game after playing the demo and figured it’d show up today and I’d still have to download. I cancel early last week and went digital through Microsoft, glad I did now. Not meaning to rub it in cause I have regrets not getting physical copy(I almost let it ride when I got digital). It sucked bad enough last night waiting an hour after the store said it’s be ready to play, to actually play it. Can’t imagine what a bummer an entire wasted weekend would be.

I wish I could do digital but I’m now on satellite internet. The demo alone took 3 days to download…

I ordered the game in June. Last night the delivery was listed as by 8pm today, this morning at around 9am the delivery time changed to 11pm, and then around 930am I received the email indicating delivery on Oct 4. I logged on to customer support chat to ask why and was transferred to FOUR reps before one told me it was a shipping issue and the fault was with the “publisher.” I responded that may be the case but Amazon set an expectation and they didn’t follow through… no offer for expedited shipping once the game became available. The rep then told me that I can have early access via beta code. I responded that there isn’t a beta code since the game is out for release and asked where I would’ve received the code if there had been one… the rep responds that it would’ve gone to my registered email address, and later offered 5 dollar promo credit for my inconvenience when I pressed the issue and told him he had no idea what he was talking about. I said that the main reason I paid for the more expensive ultimate edition is to have early access, and that with shipping moved to October 4th I could order the standard version for less and it would arrive faster. I asked for expedited shipping and more money back and the rep simply responded that the most he would give is 10 dollars, no response to my request for faster shipping. At this point I asked for a supervisor and was passed to 2 more reps (that’s six people now in the 45 minutes I was connected). The supervisor ultimately gave me 20 dollar promo credits on a future order. Overall a terrible experience… what started with a simple question shouldn’t have taken 6 customer service chat reps blaming another company and giving bad information. Won’t be buying amazon preorders again.

I ordered digital from Amazon months ago and they sent me the disc. Came in early today. When I saw that last night, I cancel the disc and bought the digital. They took $20 off the digital and once purchased it downloaded right away. Was using it by 11:00 PM EST yesterday. Refund for disc on way once I return disc.

A buddy of mine had the same issue. He contacted customer service and they sent him a code to download it on digital and also gave him a $20 amazon credit.

DP

Preordered my copy in July, and got the same message yesterday morning.

Jumped on a chat with a CSR, and he told me my game was shipped. Asked for a tracking number, and he couldn’t give me one.

Got on with another CSR, who told me that the first guy was wrong, I wouldn’t be getting it until Wednesday, and I could get a $25 refund.

I accepted that, but I think that’s the last time I pre-order from Amazon. Say what you want about Best Buy and GameStop, but I’ve never had a pre-order issue with them before, and now that there’s no discount incentive for Amazon pre-orders, those two will be getting more of my business from here on out.

I also had my Amazon order delayed and I am pissed off to no end!! I pre-ordered from Amazon back in August just for the discount bbut now at the last minute, they delayed it til next week! I would be ok if it was just a day but 5 days? Thats unacceptable! Not only that but some ppl got theirs on time with no issues…thats unfair plain and simple. Is it possible to get a code from Amazon while I wait for the Physical copy to come in?

Sorry to hear about all the problems. I’d preordered way back, just about as soon as it was allowed. I didn’t have an issue. My UE came with the mail well before noon yesterday.

Has anyone affected seen any kind of movement on their pre-order? Shipping updates, pre-order bonus e-mails, anything like that? Here it is, Wednesday, and I have no indication that it’s coming, and it’s starting to aggravate me.

Add another one to the list. Yesterday I had a email saying my game is delayed from Amazon UK but is still due this week but unlike everyone above I will wait. I did get my code from Amazon UK for my pre-order bonus.

My copy of the horizon 4 steelbook CE that I preordered in June is still delayed. They cannot give me a straight answer on anything. All they did was upgrade the shipping to 1 day and gave me a 10 dollar credit. I ended up just downloading a digital copy from Microsoft so I could play. I did not cancel my order with Amazon because I still want the physical copy to add to my collection of horizon steelbooks

Delayed again - now until next week. Do any reps from Turn10 have any insight to what’s going on with Amazon’s supply chain here? Thanks.

More than likely Amazon oversold their allotment of physical copies. I know Gamestop stopped taking pre-orders for the UE about a month before release and I believe a few people there had the orders cancelled, I luckily didn’t, because they weren’t getting any additional physical copies.

It has happened in the past and this is something that Amazon will need to own up to and not PG.

2 Likes

Why do people mix up Turn 10 and Playground games?

My game arrived while I was out.

1 Like