A big cheers to the clean racers

So this post might look weird among all the negativity around here, but I thought I should create it anyway.
It’s no secret this game suffers from many flaws and disrespectful players. Sometimes those dark moments hits me hard and I’m strugling to find a reason to play this game, but at the end I think I’m enjoying it, mostly.
I know I’m not the fastest and the cleanest of them all (including my english), but I’m trying my best. But It’s not about me. I’ts about many other players with a great race ethics. Players, who avoid contact no matter what, even if it costs possitions or brings it to a complete stop. Players who stops at the edge of the track to let through a racer who has been unintentionally pushed off the track. Players who let through much faster opponents without blocking them in a pointless fight. Players who return to the track with caution and do not obstruct other racers. Players who moves out of the racing line, not to destroy someone’s hot lap in the practice session. I mean it’s just a practice session, but players get competitive everytime. And so on…
So I just want to say big THANK YOU to you guys! :handshake: It’s a pleasure to race with you! For you, as for me, it is just natural, but this is what keeps me in FM.

24 Likes

The best feeling is cleanly passing a trash driver, and they can’t do anything about it. Cheers to the Gentlemen/ Gentlefolk racers.

5 Likes

Agree and there are many out there that race clean.

2 Likes

Had a race on the weekend. Nurburgring Open A Class. Me and guy behind me were trading positions the whole race.

Come around the last turn, we’re literally bumper to bumper, I got a little wide and he cuts a little, we collide, I get the worst of it and spin out.

Dude pulled over, let me get back on track, we lined up and did a drag to the finish line. A real class act. Huge respect for that guy and anyone like him

10 Likes

THAT’S WHY WE DO THIS!

3 Likes

I think I’ve seen you in a few lobbies. Almost all of my races have been clean (at least the cars in my immediate vicinity) so I’m happy with that.

2 Likes

Maybe, I can’t confirm. It’s a big society and a lot of names are hard to remember. Unless I see them consistently winning.
When creating this topic, I was afraid that I would have to set higher standards for myself from now on :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I try my best to be clean too and when I have a great race against another clean driver I’ll always message then saying good race and how it was fun!

4 Likes

I agree with everything said by OP.

I do my very best to race clean but sometimes make mistakes, I’m sure it’s the same for most players.

No mater what position I qualify in I try to survive the first corner melee and build from there, it’s a great feeling to pass someone cleanly, even better if it’s a close match up. If I make a mistake and gain an advantage, I will endeavour to ensure the player (or players) I affected get their rightful position back.

Good luck to all racers

4 Likes

I’m one of them. I always Race Clean Even In the Heat of the Moment & Give the Position Back If i Caused an Accident no matter how Big or Small a penalty Is otherwise I will set a Bad Example to other players & they might think it’s Not a Big Deal To Behave Unsportsmanlike someone might Report you so Don’t Do It Ramming Is Also Against the Xbox’s code of conduct so make sure you report them Via Xbox profile

1 Like

Agreed, I’m a clean racer myself and only retaliate towards bad drivers if they wreck me deliberately so whilst most drivers aren’t good at all, but good to see there’s other clean racers here :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you retaliate and wreck other racers after they do it to you, then you’re not a “clean racer” and are just perpetuating the problem.

3 Likes

Correct.

Revenge is not an excuse.

2 Likes

Ok most of the time I am a genuiene clean racer and although revenge isn’t exactly the answer but when u have bad apples in the bucket you gotta do something about it yk what I mean? so it may not sound like i’m a clean racer because of that part but the majority of the time and most of the time I am.

When the same man ram me (or others) many Times on a race, it already happen to me to apply some revenges on them just because it put me on nerves.
But even with that, revenge isn’t a great option at all because you make more peoples follow you on that Bad way of thinking.

For exemple, i remember a race at Miami, i lost grip on a corners (too much oversteer) and i had a little twitch when trying to recovery of that oversteer (and i finally understeer a bit) After that, the men behind me keep tryied to overtake on the outside so an accident happen because of my mistake first, yeah, but if he was more aware on what happen instead of just try to go faster/overtake because i was slower, just by beeing more “aware” on what happen on the race, he would be able to do a clean overtake by slow down a bit and take the inside and let me do my error alone, instead of going straight on it.

That man ram me on the next 3 laps of the race, so i get annoyed After the 1st of those 3 laps and i rammed him too. We was aware on each corners and always looking the good opportunity to do the final hit where the other wouldn’t be able to recovery from it.

And all of this why ? Because i made an error, that is different to ram someone intentionally, and i Always do my best for keep my lane, but here i was on a bad situation.

After the race, man DM me for insulting me and saying I’m a rammers, stupid kids etc… Those type of things.

Rammers isn’t a problem you Can solve by ramming, because it isn’t going to stop a rammers to ram if you meet him back, and because you are also going to ram peoples who aren’t rammers, so finally you just going to be one more or those rammers who bring toxicity on the game.

You took the exemple of apples, when you have Bad apples(rammers) on the bucket (the game). Ram them doesn’t put them in the impossibility of play the game (get back on the bucket), they’re just going to ram on an other one lobby, who is a part of that Big bucket, where those Bad apples are still on contact with other apples.
So you don’t do anything for it when you apply a revenge, you just expriming you are on nerves, nothing else.

Sorry for my english, Hope it’s understandable

1 Like

Basically, ramming someone to get revenge only increases the likelihood that they’ll be inclined to continue ramming - either to get revenge on you (for getting revenge on them) or to take out their frustrations on some other undeserving racer.

Taking out a rammer by smashing into them isn’t going to make them suddenly go “hey wow, that guy got me. Maybe I should stop doing this”, so by getting revenge like that, you’re actively doing a disservice to the rest of the racing community, and specifically to the “clean racers” whose values you wish to uphold.

Use the tools available to you to report their behavior, block their gamertag if you feel inclined to do so, jump into a new lobby, and move on.

4 Likes

I have to agree with this. I understand the frustration after being plowed off the track by a dirty driver but going for revenge is never an answer since it just strengthens their viewpoint that this is the way to go.

1 Like

What you do is pass the opponent cleanly to prove it can be done.

1 Like

I need to repeat something I said in another topic;

I’m okay with criticizing the game, but it’s NOT okay to criticize the game because of the community’s behavior…

And alot of people are doing this… FM community is known and memed because it’s full of rammers…

Getting revenge is not helping with that… And you will see when we get ghosting people will still complain…

Ok cheers lads, i’ll keep that noted for when I do racing again after the febuary update

1 Like