Any tips on getting to legendary tuner/ painter?

Im need of money and I figured that this would be a good way to earon some but Im unsure of the best way to do it

Seasonal tunes is the easiest way if you’re after legendary tuner, since only a minority of people care about a quality tune you can push easy low effort stuff out at the right times and watch the downloads/likes/uses pour in, as long as it does what is usually the very easy job people will usually convince themselves the tune was a masterpiece and subsequently come back to you.

Though since following is broken at the moment it will be much more difficult for someone starting out.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Are the DLs/Uses/Likes for Tunes, Liveries and Photos counted all together for the 50K goal? I’ve been dipping my toe into making paints/vinyls and have half as many downloads as my tunes already, even though I have over 100 tunes but only about 45 liveries.

I’m also trying to get there but I would feel bad to put out bad tunes, so all of mine are at least initially tested/tuned for understeer/oversteer. I did find out that you can make almost identical tunes for the same car and the downloads count separately. Also, the most popular tunes are for the most popular cars (seasonal challenges, meta, new releases).

Liveries and tunes are counted separately. It’s possible to be legendary on liveries but not tunes, or tunes but not liveries. Whichever one you’re legendary at triggers the increased price mechanism. Unless you’re legendary at both, in which case the vehicle being sold can either have your tune or your livery.

Of the two, tunes was WAY easier/faster. Liveries get less engagement in my experience.

One side effect of my suggestion below would be more transparency on progress (as most badges tend to have a progress visible):

1 Like

Does anyone know if the cumulative 50k figure is measured on paints and tunes that are still present?

For example if you delete tunes and paints does this take away from the 50k?

Your content downloads, uses & likes are “banked”; deleting content & the subsequent warning message you receive refers to the loss of potential for future DLs, etc. & does not remove what you have although received.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if vinyl downloads/likes and uses count towards legendary painter

My understanding is they count to the painter legendary.

Is the best way to check legendary painter status to paint a car any colour and then try and sell it at the auction house for 20million?

Is changing the colour of the car enough?

not sure, I think I heard something of having at least 2 vinyl shapes.
Edit, changing the color isn’t enough:

2 Likes

If I have sold cars that I have painted it still shows design as stock in the sell screen.

I would suspect that it does not, but I don’t have proof. Vinyl group engagement is SIGNIFICANTLY less anyway. I have like 1.5k vinyl group downloads, despite considering myself to be more of a vinyl artist than a livery artist. The way the liveries get featured is way more conducive to random downloads than the vinyls. Also, vinyl group uses only became a thing relatively recently.

3 Likes

Also, there’s no in-game prompt to like a vinyl the way there are for liveries and tunes, so you can get lots of downloads and uses, but likes are maybe a handful, for me anyway. It’s another aspect of the accolades system that hasn’t been thought through properly.

There is a thread on this forum in which someone devised a spreadsheet to keep track of the participants’ needs. It might be still active but last I saw most seemed to have achieved their goals. They were downloading each others stuff, using and liking it.

1 Like

Thank you for the above comments.

I have been able to check legendary painter status on my account and when I apply two logos to a car for example I can now sell for 20 million. When I only apply paint and one logo I could not sell for 20 million.

I have 40k plus downloads on my creative hub for paints and when I look at the uses and likes on my paints the total is in excess of 10k thus I have gone over 50k.