Winter #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through December 10

Yeah, I want to fly a kite or play frisby with my imaginary dog in FH 4. Imagine that, instead they force me to do races … in a racing game! That’s something unheard of.

The Crew 2 and Wreckfest are following Forza’s playlist idea and I don’t see anyone there complaining about it.

The 599XX evo and the Mosler aren’t necessary to complete all speed traps and zones. You can achieve the same result in a proprely tuned Agera RS and Aventador FE.

1 Like

This x100. Those are my go to cars for those categories but there are plenty of others that will get the job done. I had already finished a playlist and was just following my friend around as he completed them and I got a PB through a speed zone using the Sagaris FE without even trying.

Edit: Just to clarify. That’s not an attempt at bragging. It’s just good to try something different sometimes. A car/tune you’re comfortable with can be better than the “best” car.

1 Like

Yet more totally disingenuous arguments. How can you compare a core competitive activity in a driving game of competing for leaderboard positions to flying a kite? How can you even think for one second that is any sort of argument against the point being made? And you know perfectly well I was talking about competing for leaderboard position on the speed traps, not mere completion.

I’m not familiar with The Crew 2 or Wreckfest. Does Wreckfest even have ranked multiplayer racing? I just searched now and found a complaint that it doesn’t have that. I wasn’t able to find enough info about how cars are obtained in The Crew 2 to know if it entails large numbers of people having to do activities in the game that they’d otherwise not choose to do.

2 Likes

The kite example was pure sarcasm. Because apparently some players seem to have much better things to do in FH 4 than doing races, seasonal championships in this case. I mean, you have a whole week to do them, so what’s the problem?

As mentioned before, the Crew 2 has summits where you can win exclusive cars, just like here. You have to do certain activities and gather points to get the ‘platinum medal’. Afaik, only the top 1000 players in the leaderboard are considered platinum, so you can lose your status depending on how many participants score better than you and you may not get your exclusive reward at the end. I’ve dropped the summits long ago because there is nothing that really interests me.

Wreckfest is kinda similar. There is a mode called ‘tournament’. The mode has a shop, similar to the Forzathon shop where you can unlock exclusive vehicles via glory points, or whatever it’s called in english. The glory points can be earned by doing daily race and derby events or two main events, which all are predestined by the developers so you have pretty much no other choice beside doing them. The two main events have the most glory point payout, but are extremely difficult because they are based on leaderboards just like the summits in the crew 2 and you need a lot of luck to do well. The daily events on the other hand only give you a little amount of glory points. So if you don’t succeed in the two main events, like me, prepare to grind dailies. And it took me two weeks of grinding to get enough glory points to purchase one of their exclusive vehicles, the battle bus. Which I think is the stronges and best armoured vehicle in the game so it gives you a huge advantage in derby events.

And beside that both games have no auction house, so there is no other way you can get the exclusive vehicles except doing the summits and tournaments. Compared to that, Forza is very generous when handing out exclusives, since you can get them through so many ways.

And btw both games have global leaderboards.

1 Like

Some advice Bree, stop wasting your time trying to explain, particularly to Clutch of all people.

1 Like

If the developers had listened to us and improved the racing it would not have become boring. It’s supposed to be a racing game. In a racing game you race. Of course rivals and tuning are a major part of that. That’s one way of improving yourself and becoming a better racer. You have to practice. If you don’t like that why would buy it? It should not be about car collecting a playlist or stories. Turn 10 has been at this a long time. As yet they have still done next to nothing to stop the ramming and the horrible I must win no matter how unskilled at driving I am attitude that the majority of your casual players seem to have. I do the ghost sometimes but as soon as you beat someone they leave. So a lobby goes from 10 to 5 almost immediately. Nobody improved or learned anything ever by quitting I promise you that. Those 1% guys are there and I come in last, great. I live for finding that. That’s how you improve, you learn by following the faster guys not quitting because you can’t come in first. We all started last that’s how it is in a racing game. You learn and your position begins to improve. Not sure how that is boring. It’s boring for people with no patience and who are not willing to better themselves. Horizons main problem was the Pi system. Nobody asked for all these stupid walls everywhere that are positioned horribly or a playlist. They thought it would help? Are you serious when walk bouncing was a huge complaint in the past. Really? You can still take all sorts of shortcuts despite them. Fine it’s arcade but I’m not really interested in finding shortcuts. Coming from Motorsport I stay on the track. That’s a race, on a track with limits about staying on it. I’m not lazy or whining it’s too hard. It’s too annoying. Too not about racing. I’m not racing, I’m slogging through nonsense because the collision racing is absolute crap and they abjectly refuse to fix the points system. Just refuse. They do everything else but that. I’m tired of it. I guess you guys aren’t. You can laud them and praise them but not I. I want a racing game. It can be casual and easier than Motorsport. I’m fine with that but it doesn’t have to be this way. I’m letting them know my dissatisfaction with the iteration of the game. The IMHO the worst one in terms of the racing. I used to race with my club in H2 but they are all gone because they are racers and this just does not appeal to them. That’s when Horizon was fun. It no longer is and I fear it will get even worse in the future. By all means praise their bad racing game, I just will not jump on that bandwagon. Sounds like all of you a bored of getting 100% since you seem to suggest not bothering. I thought it was so awesome and not boring… I’m not interested in DLC and if it’s free or what not and all the arguments around that. I don’t care, plenty of cars without that. All the DLC in the world cannot save the game from a poor racing experience which should be the core of the game but it’s heart and soul have been ripped out by developers who I’m sorry don’t seem to get it. I still play FM7 a great deal much more than H4. It still isn’t boring just racing. I’m still improving, always getting faster and better and I just don’t experience that in H4. I’m bored of it. Ramming yes annoying but if you can start up front and stay there it becomes less of an issue most of the time.
This Horizon stuff creeps into Motorsport. I promise you, no serious Motorsport player wants a playlist. Don’t do it Turn 10.

The threading the needle x 15 challenge and negotating the pipes to the danger sign were a bit annoying but since there were no new cars this week, taking part was purely voluntary.

On the flip side the challenges in the the forthcoming season look fairly easy and the only new car, the 1987 Mercedes-Benz AMG Hammer Coupe, is the reward for winning Championship 3 “Tree Hugger” (B700) in a Retro Saloon so it shouldn’t be overly difficult.

As someone who played both, Wreckfest & Crew 2, I can say their implementation of a “playlist look-a-like” is very different.

Wreckfest does not offer Ranked online races and only a small “world record time stamp” for each race/class combination. But no one can see who has done it (I know because I hold one WR for A-class) or which car at which “PI” was used. Obtaining exclusive cars, liveries & body mods through the playlist is only a matter of time. The better you are the faster it gets. An entrance barrier is not existent. All events are with borrowed cars.

The entrance barrier for the playlist (called “The Summit”) in Crew 2 is huge. Most of the events are with personal vehicles and thus all categories (16 I think) need to be maxed out.
If you want to reach the top you also need the perfect perk sets on your maxed out parts. For all 16 categories this is a task I haven’t completed in over two years.
The most desirable price (exclusive cars or car variants) is locked behind the top 3.000 world-wide on the particular plattform. If you aren’t good enough or don’t own the required cars and max levels you’ll be screwed.

Against the Crew 2 obtaining new cars in Horizon is easy. The older “exclusive” also circulate more often than in the Crew. There, some haven’t been available since two years.
With a player base the size of Horizon’s people would be at arms because only 3.000 can get the cars.

2 Likes

Good thing you guys don’t play Asian MMO’s, I did and still do sometimes, so … FH4 feels very relaxing to me. :slight_smile:
Anyway, don’t go overboard because of a game, ain’t worth it.

Stay safe everyone and don’t forget to have fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wait, what was that second part? Oh man, I knew we were forgetting something.

For the most part, I’m staying out of this. We’re arguing preferences and playing styles. There is no resolution because I like what I like and you like what you like.

I play what I play because I like it. I don’t play what I don’t play because I don’t like it. I like things simple. When this game is no longer enjoyable to me, I’ll do something else.

To George, if you still need help on the Goliath, let me know. I’ve made a number of runs going up to Unbeatable so the tune is pretty solid and decently stable. I was thinking of actually making a live vid of the run, where to brake, when to lift, etc. I’m no expert, but if anything I can do to help…actually helps, then it’s a win for everyone involved. Except the AI of course, lol.

2 Likes

I think you’re also wasting your time trying to help that George out, plenty have tried already to no avail.

X-class 599XX Evo is the best road car in the game, period.
X-class Mosler, CCGT & Diablo GTR are really strong but none can rival the Evo.

1 Like

For TopSpeed maybe but how many SpeedTraps exists where you can reach 500km/h
ccgt, 599xxevo, mosler same enginesound here

I would have thought the highway (freeway or whatever) was the only one. Is there another? I still can’t crack it past 492 or thereabouts on that particular Speedtrap :frowning:

It’s an example. Everyone has own wishes but there is no way to make everyone happy.
The whole ‘i need this car’ thing is overrated. It was 3-4 months to finally get the 2018 Megane RS and now i own 3 or 4 but do i use them? nope
Paid lot of credits for the 599XX Evo do i use the car? nope. My Garage is ~930cars and im using always same ~7 in freeroam, adventures and so on
The cars from last seasons never used, all with ‘new’ on it… The Playlist is some way wich forces people to use their cars at least once
U can beat any ‘OP’ car with some ‘xxxx’ car if your driving is better. I don’t play rivals maybe its diff there

At the windpark there is also great run-up, broadway, think there are more but not >500km/h. the highway one shows senna with 556km/h my senna is max 420 (Leaderboards need some reset)
Think i have 487 as maxspeed in stats but never did the highrank thing
Played around with the mosler in the snow the handling feels better. in some speedzones it was easy to get new pb some can be done without braking
But no fun to try 100times the same thing to get higher pos everything is 3 stars thats fine for me

1 Like

I agree it never should have been a thing. My spirits gets uplifted when I get in a real close race with another clean racer as good as me but I know what you mean. I’ve seen some gorgeous sunsets or sunrises in Road Atlanta, VIR sometimes. Not really consistent among track however. I’m sure the next one will look a bit better but Horizon may have them there.

Sorry but 599XX EVO is just a stupid and totally broken car made for kids

The real car is limited to a 315km/h by gear ratios, the aerodynamic itself, drag spoilers, massive downforce and mechanical ground effect, designed by Ferrari for track use!

This particular model doing over 500 km/h on roads just shows how stupid the PI System and some Forza upgrades are, even the stock gear ratios are wrong, first to sixth, rear axle, all wrong

Things like this are really bad for any game, real shame even for an arcade/simcade whatever!

I hope they change that in next game, it’s beyond ridiculous!

Boy, I haven’t seen that much of a long, heated discussion about the game for a long time. I don’t usually post things in forums, but I thought I may as well give my 2 cents worth.

I think both sides of the arguments have their points. I’m someone who is in the middle: I do the weekly Forzathon and races in about 2-3 hours each week, and then maybe come back to some of them with different cars if I found them interesting. I don’t do much rival and ranked races because my driving is decent but not excellent, and I don’t do the daily, so my weekly completion rate is about 94%. I do like to collect cars, and I’d say I got most of them except a few PO cars (BTW, I think the decision to remove them from AH is stupid… If people want to pay 20mils to buy a car that they’ll never use, I say let them… it’s their choice). I enjoy most of the Forzathon tasks, but I think the core of the problem is “How much is too much?” Why 15 thread the needle skills? Or win a Street Race 5 times? They can half the requirement to keep it challenging without being too much of a grind. Some tasks are hard by default (Like the tube jump), but they are mostly there since the game launched, so I just put up with it (BTW, I got lucky this week, and only took 2 tries to complete the jump)

The bigger issue for this game I feel is the dev got lazy to make it interesting. I remember about a year ago, they had a few championships using player/developer made tracks, and they were really fun. They could have done more of that. Also, I think it’s like 3 weeks in a row now we have championships using C-class offroad cars. They could’ve change it up a bit more, so we all get to use all the different cars in our garages. And on that point, I do have to agree that the game have shifted to focus on car collecting from actual racing. It’s great that they increased the garage limit from 750 to 1000, but why the tune limit is still 500? It doesn’t encourage players to try different cars as you simply can’t save your tunes. If they can find a way to increase the garage size, surely they can find a way to increase the tune limit.

BTW, I also play both Wreakfest and The Crew 2, and I have to say, for better or worse, FH4’s car collecting mechanic is decent. Now that The Crew 2 have removed the contracts task for you to earn Crew Credits, the new exclusive cars and vanity items are pretty much hidden behind a pay wall, and I gave up on the Summit for cars as I’d never make the top 3000 with my skill. In Wreakfest, yes, certain cars are better in each class than the others, but due to its game mechanic and AI, It focus a lot more on your driving skill (and A LOT of luck for the AI cars not crush you out of the race), so I’m happy not to own ALL the cars.

Like El Barto inc and IngoingCake8592 said, try to have fun with the game. You don’t have to do EVERYTHING. Do what you want to do, and leave the rest if you don’t enjoy it… It’s only game after all, your life is not depending on it

3 Likes

Like lee says discussion is good but 1 side isn’t interested in it 1 bit on here, there would probably be some good points made from both sides if those on that side were willing to listen and try and have a broader view of things even if they don’t agree with it then give their counter-view in a respectful way, like I’ve mellowed out hugely on some things in the game and find some criticisms less agreeable than I would a few months ago but there’s still a limit, there is no way I could think much of someone’s opinions when they’ve suggested something as ridiculous as a new car class being implemented just to accommodate 1 car being a possibility, someone who thinks that is clearly unbelievably naive, said naive person then goes around getting irritated by people with a different view, no worthwhile and reasoned debate can be done with somebody like that.

And for all the amount they defend the game I find it a little funny that the 2 most avid ones are always conveniently nowhere to be seen whenever a discussion concerning some form of actual racing in the game happens but at least 1 is guaranteed to show within the same day when a criticism thread opens up.

Perhaps those who criticise are overly relentless with it at times but the way those on the other side respond is what causes trouble, saying ‘You’re this’ ‘You’re that’ ‘Don’t bother then’ in any disagreement reeks of petulance and that you can’t come up with anything else and does nothing useful for either side.

Discussion is good, the developers need to hear feedback. Good and bad, what people like, what they don’t from all viewpoints. They do read this stuff believe it or not. They may not comment but they are looking.

1 Like