Will the Mod card system be returning?

Same here. I’d love to start at the front of the grid with the “severe power deficit”, “severe shift time increase” and the “severe grip loss” mod cards and try to hold first place.

So don’t use them, I never did

I don’t use them because of the dirty triangle. The darn thing already too readily pops up. It’s offensive. Even moreso when it’s invisible during the race itself, waiting until the results to show its face…

1 Like

maybe I’m just different but I loved using the specter card during the endurance races, turned them into long hot lap sessions. of course I like hot lapping more than racing anyway so that may be why. lol

Like others have said, the mods, the cards, were entirely optional. If you didn’t like them or didn’t think they fit into the game, you could ignore them, not use them.

Personally, I didn’t like the boost cards—the “cheaty” ones, that gave you extra power, grip, braking, etc. The dare and credit/XP bonus cards, however, I had no problem whatsoever with; I use these whenever possible, pretty much. Now, being able to play any number of dares at once would be cool as hell… Basically start with simulated engine/suspension/transmission trouble…

Not that money is hard to come by, what with the prize thing… Level up, possibly get a million or more. Maybe another car, maybe ten million, maybe a few thousand.

Like someone else said, it would be nice to be able to turn the whole card/mod thing off in the options menu—similarly to how we could turn off the token display. It wouldn’t really “turn it off”, but just hide it—and that would be fine. But, even if no such option to hide the function comes up, no problem; the cards/mods are just an option, anyway.

1 Like

You could ignore them… except when they take the place of a reward. Worse than yet another 2000cr pink result showing up on a Horizon 3 wheelspin.

1 Like

Terrible idea, never used them. A very arcadey addition to the game!

2 Likes

Its all about the micro-transactions.

I don’t recall their being any micro-transactions involved…

1 Like

He’s probably thinking of Forza 5 and the tokens you could buy with real money, to level up faster. Horrible, greedy idea.

Mod cards aren’t greedy, just horrible. (To those saying don’t use them, the game artificially slows down the pace of levelling up to a snail’s pace grind if you don’t use XP boosts.)

1 Like

Then just use the XP boost problem solved

I did. It doesn’t solve the problem of not wanting to use the cards at all.

There are so many different cards you have to sort through them and scroll through to find them which is laborious and tedious. Perhaps it will be executed better and more streamlined in Forza 7. But really, it’s a very badly conceived idea.

I just don’t get why you think it’s a badly conceived idea? Though I do agree the sorting of the mod cards and the scrolling though of them could be vastly improved.

I use mods for Affinity and Manufacturer boosts, and dares. They’re helpful if you’re in career or free play. I didn’t find it intrusive, and often times in free play I don’t use them at all.

The mod card idea is something thats helpful for some, and for others easily ignored.

I found the manufacturer cards ironic because that affinity system is such a grind that once you’ve done one, you don’t want to keep driving their cars! And as has been said, credits were so ridiculously easy to come by, especially vis à vis fm5, and xp boosts for wheelspins were far efficient!

I liked the mods at first, and went with the less grip and no driving line dare for a good while, but there is not much point to them really!

gamescom demo reveal on August 23rd, 2017:

this will shure be a fun thing for new to the series players where different mods can be used to challenge themself and learn the difference between using and not using assists.
i will keep on racing with the assists im used to without mods. not my cup of tea but i understand that change can be good but this one is not for me. and it wasnt in FM6 either.