Why Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Ford Focus RS RX is worth 15m+?

Hi guys,

First time posting here. I’m new to the game so please bear with me.
I can totally understand the demand for Hoonigan’s RS200 as it’s so versatile and there’s no legit way to get one nowadays.
What I can’t understand is why the Gymkhana 10 Focus RS RX is auctioning for so much money.
I mean, according to the Wiki it has the same stats as the Gymkhana 9 version. There’s also Gymkhana 9 WP version with much better stats and 7 gears, though I understand that it’s a DLC car.
The wiki mentions that the Gymkhana 10 version has marginally better breaking than the standard Gymkhana 9 version.
I’m assuming that overall Gymkhana 9 WP > Gymkhana 10 >= Gymkhana 9. Am I’m wrong here?

The Gymkhana 9 can be acquired from the autoshow for 500k or bought from the action house for peanuts. Plus you can currently get it for free by completing one of the seasonal events (Blizzard Mountains; Season 34 Winter Event).

As far as I understood, the Gymkhana 10 version can be obtained for free by completing Skill Streak. So how is it selling for 15m+?
I understand that Skill Streak is considered difficult, but going through 10 chapters of drifting + jumping + smashing everything looks like something that a reasonable skilled player can get done in a few hours.
Unlike the RS200 there are plenty of Gymkhana 10 focus for sale so the problem can’t be due to scarcity.

So basically my question is what makes this car so expensive?

• Are people unaware that they can get it for free?
  • Or is it that the Skill Streak is too difficult / time consuming for most players?
  • Is is better overall than the Gymkhana 9 WP edition (despite its lower stats)?
  • Is there some specific use to this car that I’m not aware about?
  • Or are people just paying for the paint job? (Well, if that’s the reason you can slap a custom design on the Gymkhana 9 version for the ultimate fake Gymkhana 10)
  • Maybe demand through the roof for some other reason? (E.g., Famous YouTube made a video about it / The car is meta for something that I’m not aware about / It has unique perks / People are preparing for some future event which requires it, etc).
  • Maybe investors are artificially inflating the price?

Update: I just found out that all 3 versions have the exact same skill tree. Cars List | Forza Horizon 4 | kudosprime.com

1 Like

Have you completed skill streak? :'D for doing the 50 bounces in that Scout you deserve 15 million cr and more. Its all about demand, though. A player needs to beat those missions for a new one to exist outside of hacking and lots of people just want the car now. Having done skill streak I’d say its better to do Skill Streak and know you are the original owner.

2 Likes

So your answer is a mix of “Skill Streak” is hard + the car is in demand. With a component of “after grinding so much for this car there’s no way that I’m auctioning it”.
Nevertheless, my main question still remains. Why is the car in demand? Why not buy a Ghymkhana 9 version for peanuts or buy the DLC version that, at least in theory, has better stats? I fail to understand why is there so much demand for the Gymkhana 10.

I mean, I really want a Hoonigan RS200. At some stage I will probably be forced to pay a crazy amount of credits for it (unless if appears in a seasonal event or backstage pass). Nevertheless, if there was a cheapo version with the exact same stats and skill tree, of even a more OP version included in the Welcome Pack I would just use it instead.

People want every single car. (By the way people still do sell cars at minimum buy out so you can get super cheapo usually expensive cars.) But this is less common and harder to unlock. A lot of people don’t want to or can’t beat Skill Streak to get it but still want all the cars. People sell their unwanted duplicates of the 9 like candy as the game gives you lots. It’s about its exclusivity, supply and demand.

2 Likes

Fair enough, so we are talking about collectors that aren’t willing / able to complete Skill Streak. I honestly suspected that there were a deeper reason for it, but I guess you are right :).

1 Like

Side quest: Hoonigan’s RS200 is now in Forzashop for 999. There are now plenty of RS200 beeing auctioned for cheaper than the Gymkhana 10 Ford Focus.

Have you completed skill streak? The chapter with the Bugatti EB110 where you have to get 45 near misses was maddening because of the random amount of road traffic and rewind glitching the traffic or taking away misses nowhere near the point you rewound to. I can’t count how many times there would be loads of traffic on the opposite side of the highway and absolutely none on my side for the entire length of the highway. I’m sure I did that chapter hundreds of times listening to the car screaming in 3rd or 4th gear before lucking out with the traffic quantity and placement. It’s entirely random. I wouldn’t sell the car for 20 million. It should have come with 20 million for finishing that awful story chapter.

I know that this is somewhat off-topic for the seller’s marketplace but since I was asked this twice I had to do it :).

It took me most of an afternoon… So, yeah, not easy. But it certainly didn’t take as long as getting 999 Forzathon points for the Hoonigan RS200.
The two most difficult chapters have already been described above. Here’s what worked for me:

Bouncing in Mudkickers: Keep the Scout in second or third gear and go back and forward (east to weast and vice versa) in the middle of the park. Do not go full throttle or you will miss several “micro” air skills that actually count towards the total. Avoid long jumps. Briefly touch the puddles on each side to slow the car down. I had to retry it many times, but now I can do it somewhat consistently.

Near miss skills in the highway: Full throttle the wrong way down. You will reach the target with time to spare, so turn around and again take the wrong way down and back.

Everything else is basically the same: Keep it on 4th or 5th gear, drift => sidesweap => wreckage or landscaping and repeat.

If anyone reading this thread in the future gets stuck, feel free to add me and I’ll help you out.

About the Gymkhana 10 Ford Focus: It’s fun to drift out of the box. There’s a funny “broken” drift tunning by Don Joewon Song. This version is also okayish for dirt racing, but really not as good as the WP version. I personally like the Hoonigan Gymkhana 8 Ford Fiesta ST RX43 better than both (I don’t own a Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Ford Fiesta ST yet). Nevertheless, while the Focus isn’t as useful as the RS200, I can see why people get attached to it and don’t want to sell after going through all of the trouble required to unlock it. Nevertheless, for new players looking for credits, I would certainly recommend selling it. There are much better cars that you can have for less than 15m (the RS200 itself is selling for circa 10m right now, although I assume that prices will probably skyrocket again). Once you have credits to spare, you can always buy it back. Unlike the RS200 and the Gymkhana 10 Fiesta, it’s relatively easy to snipe a Gymkhana 10 Ford Focus.

1 Like

That’s cool you did it and yeah, no way an RS200 but a really fun car to skill about in knowing its yours and you did all the challenges. That’s how I did those 2 as well. I’m thinking of using my G10 Focus for some Super 7 challenges :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you actually choose a car for challenges? I thought that you had to use an pre-assigned car. Or have I misread it and you are planning to create new challenges?
I took it to Forzathon life. Had a kind internet strange honk at it. “Nice car!”, “I’do buy that for a pound”. It’s actually the first time that I heard the second phrase without using a DLC car (yeah, this joke gets old quickly). Thank you kind internet stranger, I’m now very proud of myself :).

1 Like

I bought it today from auction house for 1m (gymkhana 10)

3 years later …